Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

JML101582
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2012, 1:17 am

Since I brought you my personal favorites, here are my least favorites!

5. Steel (1997)--Shaq brought a steamy turd to a supposedly great Superman character which the movie had next to nothing of.

4. Supergirl (1984)--The movie would've been good campy fun if it weren't for the stupid plot and the overlong running time!

3. Hulk (2003)--I have to admit, it's one of the biggest gaffes of my moviegoing career as I gave an 8 rating to this movie while I saw it in theatres. I watched it recently and I was ashamed of what I just saw. Luckly, 2008 and 2012 Hulks were far beyond awesome while this Hulk left a giant green gamma *beep* in the cinema.

2. Superman 4: A Quest for Peace (1987)--It's too bad Christopher Reeve's last entry as the Man of the Steel had to end this way! Cheap special effects, horrible script, and worse it's produced by Goban and Globus! Reeve, Kidder, Hackman, and Cooper deserve WAY better than this abortion!

And the #1 Not-so-Superhero film is..........Batman and Robin (1997)--Bad mouthing Batman is like bad mouthing my family. I don't want to do that! This movie on the other hand is like the red headed stepchild of not only Batman and superhero flicks, but one of the worse movies I've ever seen. Luckily George Clooney and Uma Thurman still have their careers in check after this *beep* bomb while I can't say the same for the majority of the cast members. Eight years later, Batman Begins was released, and all is well in the world :-)

CrazyCatLord
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2012, 4:05 pm

I definitely agree on Batman and Robin :) I didn't watch the complete movie because it was insufferably cheesy and ridiculous, but if the second half was as bad as the first one, it definitely deserves this rating.

Other than that, I haven't seen any particularly awful superhero movies. Green Lantern was pretty bad, and so were Spider-Man 3, X-Men 3 (The Last Stand) and the two Hulk movies. But at they all had top notch CGI and the acting was bearable, which kind of made up for the bad script. I'm sure there are much worse movies of this genre, I just haven't seen them. (I didn't have a TV as a kid and wasn't allowed to go to the movies, so I missed out on the old Superman / Supergirl flicks and lots of other things).

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2012, 2:57 pm

Spider-Man 3

X-Men: The Last Stand

Hulk 2003

Batman Forever

Batman & Robin

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2012, 4:41 pm

5) Elektra (2005)

4) Superman III (1983)

3) Catwoman (2004)

2) Batman & Robin (1997)

1) Superman IV: The Quest for Peace (1987)

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2012, 4:49 pm

JML101582 wrote:
...And the #1 Not-so-Superhero film is..........Batman and Robin (1997)--Bad mouthing Batman is like bad mouthing my family. I don't want to do that! This movie on the other hand is like the red headed stepchild of not only Batman and superhero flicks, but one of the worse movies I've ever seen. Luckily George Clooney and Uma Thurman still have their careers in check after this *beep* bomb while I can't say the same for the majority of the cast members. Eight years later, Batman Begins was released, and all is well in the world :-)

Nippled armor.

crmoore
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2012, 12:58 pm

I've yet to see some of the REAL stinkers of the superhero genre (Supergirl, Steel, Captain America '90, etc.), but here's what I've got based on what I have seen.

5. Hulk
4. Catwoman
3. Batman & Robin
2. Superman III
1. Superman IV: The Quest For Peace

Dishonorable Mentions: Hulk, Punisher '04, The Spirit

Starscream
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 May 2012, 1:57 am

1: Green Lantern
2: Batman And Robin
3: Spider-Man 3
4: Hulk 2003
5: Batman: The Dark Knight

Dishonorable Mentions the X- Men Trilogy, Fantastic 4/Rise Of The Sliver Surfer, Electra and Daredevil

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 12:06 pm

Starscream wrote:
1: Green Lantern
2: Batman And Robin
3: Spider-Man 3
4: Hulk 2003
5: Batman: The Dark Knight

Dishonorable Mentions the X- Men Trilogy, Fantastic 4/Rise Of The Sliver Surfer, Electra and Daredevil

The Dark Knight?!?! Different strokes for different folks and all that....

1. Batman and Robin - Joel Schumacher, you are hereby damned for all eternity.

2. Spider-Man 3 - A case of too many cooks spoiling the broth, with a wanky emo-jazz scene.....

3. Daredevil - Not even Colin Farrell's Bullseye can save this crap.

4. Catwoman - Halle Berry's worst performance to date, nuff said

5. Batman Forever - Out goes the darkness, the brooding and the fantasy, in comes neon-lighting, homoerotic tendencies, and 2 phoned-in performances from Tommy Lee Jones and Jim Carrey.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

Starscream
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 May 2012, 2:18 pm

LexingtonDeville sorry dude i just don't like Ledger as the Joker simply cause it's NOT the Joker, just watch footage of Batman TAS or 1989 Batman and you'll see why i don't like Ledger

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 2:51 pm

Starscream wrote:
LexingtonDeville sorry dude i just don't like Ledger as the Joker simply cause it's NOT the Joker, just watch footage of Batman TAS or 1989 Batman and you'll see why i don't like Ledger

That's understandable, but you can't compare Jack Nicholson, Mark Hamill or Heath Ledger at all. All 3 are completely different Jokers, albeit in different settings. Hamill is the best voice, but it's Ledger that is the best on-screen portrayal IMO. Don't get me wrong, Nicholson's role is still legendary, but now it's just a shallow, OTT and hammy performance.

Ledger gets under the skin and the mask, he's literally terrifying and practically steals the show.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty