Page 45 of 45 [ 715 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2014, 9:56 pm

I had a meltdown tonight that lasted for about a little over an hour....I was hyperventilating, rocking and whimpering, and couldn't stop crying, and now I just feel completely hollow and exhausted. My body feels so heavy and I can't focus. I just want to sleep, but I can't because I have sh!t to do. :?

Skibum, I do hope you're feeling better now. :heart: *HUGS*

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

Last edited by LtlPinkCoupe on 08 Oct 2014, 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2014, 10:43 pm

I had started some preparations for dinner yesterday afternoon and was just going to get the box containing the bags of powdered soup from the kitchen cabinet. Somehow I failed to notice the plastic bottle of ketchup near it. When I pulled out the box the huge, near full bottle fell to the floor, broke and spread ketchup all over the floor. I?m such a klutz! :(

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

LokiofSassgard
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2014, 10:54 pm

I think mine was either wringing my wrists around or being flappy. I haven't had a meltdown in a long time not since the incident at our hotel for my anime convention.

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2014, 12:31 am

I spent the evening at a social skills group surrounded by other autistics, and was stimming and staring at the floor or the ceiling the entire time.

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

09 Oct 2014, 8:06 am

I am currently in a shut down mode. I would be satisfied to simply stare at the wall and let the work day pass.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2014, 9:53 am

Yesterday morning while getting ready to go out to work. I was agitated because my work situation is unpredictable these days, and I now feel stress just in anticipation of arriving there. I was trying to get ready but I wound up late to work because I spent a lot of time at home pacing around, talking out loud to myself, wringing my hands, stressed out, and this is always a thing I do when I'm in a high state of agitation. When I'm not, I don't, I just get ready calmly "like a normal person." Fortunately I didn't have a panic attack in addition -- sometimes I also have a panic attack, sometimes it's just the extreme agitation. I wish I could find a work-from-home thing instead. :cry:

emandeli
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Oct 2014, 10:27 am

glider18 wrote:
I am currently in a shut down mode. I would be satisfied to simply stare at the wall and let the work day pass.

I'm fairly new here and not yet diagnosed but completed my assessment and waiting for the report...anyhow, is "shut down mode" something that people refer to here? I refer to this (to my husband) to understand where I am at that moment, if I can't talk, or muster answers...like powered off...haha.

Last edited by emandeli on 09 Oct 2014, 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2014, 12:27 pm

I acted "crazy" over my dad using the radio in my car because the antenna is busted and I didn't want it more busted. I was already stressed out that morning with kids and I just couldn't handle another thing of someone not listening to me. The glass was full. I also felt like throwing things and slamming things. I did slam the door and was screaming. I haven't felt this upset in a long time and I used to get these moments all the time as a child whenever someone messed up my dollhouse or my playhouse or the train set I built or took something from my room or made a mess in there and when I couldn't control a situation. And I always had to be the bad guy for my emotions and I would get back at my brothers.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2014, 2:52 pm

emandeli wrote:
glider18 wrote:

I'm fairly new here and not yet diagnosed but completely my assessment and waiting for report...anyhow, is "shut down mode" something that people refer to here? I refer to this to my husband to understand where I am at that moment, if I can't talk, or muster answers...like powered off...haha.

Yeah pretty much; it's like your brain is still whirring, but there's too much input for it to make sense of it and you can't speak or interact or function properly, like when you have too much going on at once on a computer desktop and it slows way down and takes forever to do what you asked it to, and sometimes it just freezes up and requires rebooting. Welcome to WP by the way :)

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

PerfectlyDarkTails
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2014, 9:42 pm

being unable to speak fluidly at all, requiring the need to consciously think of every singly wore for a sentence is exhausting. on word every 3 to 5 seconds :(

AS 168/200, NT: 20/ 200, AQ=45 EQ=15, SQ=78, IQ=135

emandeli

09 Oct 2014, 11:06 pm

StarTrekker wrote:

Yeah pretty much; it's like your brain is still whirring, but there's too much input for it to make sense of it and you can't speak or interact or function properly, like when you have too much going on at once on a computer desktop and it slows way down and takes forever to do what you asked it to, and sometimes it just freezes up and requires rebooting. Welcome to WP by the way :)

Exactly how I view it in my head. Thank you. I am happy I found this place. I finally feel a bit at home haha.