Does walking around in non-fitting or ugly clothes...

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 7:50 am

...give you more chance to be attacked/harassed by randoms in public?

I used to wear these ugly-as-hell short sweatpants one day that I hadn't worn in years because I was too lazy to wash the rest of my clothes and I actually almost got driven over by a group of aggressors that day that demanded me to step in their car as quickly as possible, I just ignored them and they raged, screamed and tried to follow me but eventually just left. I was quite lucky I got rid of them that day, they were about to do some nasty stuff to me. This usually never happens.

Moonhawk
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 8:15 am

Don't worry, its happened to me too sometimes while i was just wearing the exact same clothes as usual, i think its all about the circumstances and chance, they probably just happened to drive by :o Oh i have a good example i think, a long time ago a guy in a blue renault or something told me to cover my arms, i was wearing short sleeves, but the next time i walked there around the same time *and the same day of the week* it didn't happen again, and so far it hasn't happened again when i wore short sleeved shirt when i went on that walk, stuff like that is probably just coincidence i think, that man who told me to cover my arms was also quite aggressive and he yelled really loud, i think people like that are just not in their right state of mind when they do that o_o

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 10:35 am

Depends on your attitude and if you can pull it off or not.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

roccoslife
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 May 2012, 12:31 pm

Some people are just ass holes, who look for anything that sets someone apart from the herd so that they can then make themselves feel good by ridiculing them. Theyre usually not very smart people.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 107 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 12:44 pm

roccoslife wrote:
Some people are just ass holes, who look for anything that sets someone apart from the herd so that they can then make themselves feel good by ridiculing them. Theyre usually not very smart people.

Ridiculing wasn't actually their primal goal when they harassed me. They actually weren't ridiculing me at all to be honest, they just wanted to seriously f**k me up. Luckily I was such a stubborn ass that I actually pissed the hell out of them by ignoring them totally with a real pretentious grin on my face and walking into a direction they couldn't head to using their car. Not to mention people were actually horning and screaming at them for blocking the road and causing traffic jams haha.

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 2:38 pm

Do you think it might've just been random chance rather than connected to the sweat pants?

Or maybe they figured that if they beat up a guy in an expensive suit the cops would take it more seriously and they'd be more likely to get in trouble for it. e.g. sort of like how homeless people get targeted by teenagers because they know that cops & people in general care less if some 'bum' gets beaten up.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 2:55 pm

Apple_in_my_Eye wrote:
Do you think it might've just been random chance rather than connected to the sweat pants?

Or maybe they figured that if they beat up a guy in an expensive suit the cops would take it more seriously and they'd be more likely to get in trouble for it. e.g. sort of like how homeless people get targeted by teenagers because they know that cops & people in general care less if some 'bum' gets beaten up.

Nah, I think it really was because they couldn't stand the sight of me, I hadn't worn these pants in like what 5 years and I had a really awful haircut during that time + a beyond horrible physique with it.

Also forgot to mention the sweatpants just came a bit further than my knees and stopped there, really horrible sight, especially if you have very hairy legs and large socks on.

SilkySifaka
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 6:10 pm

It shouldn't matter what you are wearing, nobody should harass you in the street like that. I think some people are just nasty people and they just look for reasons to pick on people.

For me it is the opposite, if I wear loose ugly clothes I get left alone. It is probably different for a woman though.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 6:37 pm

I never knew there was such a thing as ugly clothes.