Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

JoeRose
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 May 2012, 1:27 pm

I am of the opinion that it is wrong to speculate about whether people have AS or not. But I simply can't help myself here. I first became aware of her during an interview on a TV show in England. Immediately I sensed something was a little different about her compared to other celebrities. I watched the interview and noticed her leg was constantly jittering about and that her mannerisms, expressions and way of talking was extremely similar to mine. I was kinda shocked really because usually I expect celebrities to be full of themselves, constantly up-beat and wanting to always talk about themselves. From the get-go I realised she really wasn't one of those types of celebrities.
and then I read an interview in the paper today (the guardian) and seen this online and I was without doubt in my mind that she has AS.
http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2011 ... nterviews/

What really gets me annoyed though is the way people treat her online. And the way the person who wrote that post is speaking about her in a kind of disrespectful manner. The fact that post even exists at all annoys me. It seems to me (whether she has AS or not) that if celebrities and other people in life don't fit the standard mould they are immediately hated upon and ridiculed. There's even a youtube video piss-take which a woman takes off the way she talks and stuff. I think it's just plain wrong.

Personally I don't buy into all twilight and all that franchise ( I don't think it's very good if I'm honest) but I have great respect for her. Whether she has AS or not she seems to be a person struggling with her own introversion and being cast in the limelight. And I think all the people ripping on her need to cut her some slack man. It's hard enough when you have social difficulties - nevermind when millions of fans are hooked into your every move.

anyway I was unsure about making this post as I don't like speculating whether people have AS or not. But I definitely think she has some traits. Whether or not she has it she obviously deserves the utmost privacy about it (I know that more than anyone). But I wanted to see what you guys think...

kBillingsley
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 May 2012, 3:24 pm

Yeah, I suspected the same thing myself. I later watched one of her earlier interviews from when she was a little girl, and that dispelled my suspicions. I suppose that she either suffers from an recently acquired mental illness (such as bi-polar disorder, depression, or anxiety) that has her act the way she does (on-edge, timid), or she has taken on a reserverd persona to promote her career as an actress.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

18 May 2012, 3:25 pm

[Moved from General Autism Discussion to Television, Film, and Video]

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 3:28 pm

She has social anxiety.

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 3:55 pm

People hate on her because she's a terrible actress. If somebody doesn't deserve to be in movies because of their lack of talent then we should be allowed to voice that.

whitemissacacia
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 May 2012, 3:25 am

Xenu wrote:
People hate on her because she's a terrible actress. If somebody doesn't deserve to be in movies because of their lack of talent then we should be allowed to voice that.

Agree. She got the role of Bella Swan because her father was one of the film producers. She doesn't even LOOK like Bella Swan. Bella Swan's supposed to have very full lips, VERY BIG chocolate brown eyes, and natural warmth. Kristen is so cold she stinks.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2012, 3:27 am

She is a okay actress but not a good one.

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2012, 1:08 pm

Joker wrote:

Dude, she's a female Keanu Reeves.

TheFormalOne
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 May 2012, 11:48 pm

Xenu wrote:
Joker wrote:

Dude, she's a female Keanu Reeves.

No:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsxRTZLNReg[/youtube]

@ 0:23

THAT'S a female Keanu Reeves.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2012, 5:35 pm

Joker wrote:

Seconded.