Five men face dissident republican charges

Page 4 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2012, 9:40 am

ruveyn wrote:
Joker wrote:

Yes the scots and the irish have always be viewed poorly by the english britch french german italian ect. In America the irish are treated the same as african americans.

Bejayzus! 'tis because of all the foightin' and drinkin'

In Boston the Irish end up running the show, begod and begorrah.

Erin go bragh!

ruveyn
Ruveyn

Am I right in assuming this was supposed to be tongue in cheek? Please remember, as it's based on an old, inaccurate and offensive stereotype, it plays into the hands of those who think it's OK to discriminate against a group of people.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2012, 12:40 pm

I admit I do drink to much some times but. Just about everyone in Europe likes to drink the water is not so good over their.

ZX_SpectrumDisorder
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2012, 1:47 pm

ahaha. People are generally more chilled out here. There's no stigma in going to a bar for a drink. We used to go for a drink after work and we kind of got treated like we had an alcohol problem. We're talking maybe 2 beers.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2012, 1:49 pm

ZX_SpectrumDisorder wrote:
ahaha. People are generally more chilled out here. There's no stigma in going to a bar for a drink. We used to go for a drink after work and we kind of got treated like we had an alcohol problem. We're talking maybe 2 beers.

Yeah in America when they know your Irish even having a sip of beer makes you have a alcohol problem.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2012, 1:53 pm

Mummy_of_Peanut wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Joker wrote:

Yes the scots and the irish have always be viewed poorly by the english britch french german italian ect. In America the irish are treated the same as african americans.

Erin go bragh!

ruveyn
Ruveyn

Am I right in assuming this was supposed to be tongue in cheek? Please remember, as it's based on an old, inaccurate and offensive stereotype, it plays into the hands of those who think it's OK to discriminate against a group of people.

Yes. Kidding. Relax.

ruveyn

ZX_SpectrumDisorder
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2012, 2:27 pm

Potato potato

potato

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2012, 2:28 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Mummy_of_Peanut wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Joker wrote:

Erin go bragh!

ruveyn
Ruveyn

Yes. Kidding. Relax.

ruveyn
It can sometimes be hard to tell in PPR. I was called (a few posts up). Just doing my job. :D

ZX_SpectrumDisorder
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2012, 5:01 pm

Joker wrote:
ZX_SpectrumDisorder wrote:

Yeah in America when they know your Irish even having a sip of beer makes you have a alcohol problem.

Very Puritan.

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2012, 8:52 am

Quote:

Because of racism.

When I was dating my husband, we attended a wedding in the States. After watching us go up to the bar, my mom asked him if he was drinking alcohol (in a "shame on you" kind of way, you'd have to know my mom to fully understand).
He said, "No, but your daughter is." :lol: It was true, too.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2012, 1:34 pm

Americans of English and British descent often cause problems for the Irish American communites.