Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

ForEverAutistic
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 May 2012, 3:57 pm

yeah they need to have more programs serivces for US autistic adults there far and few or to far to drive to where i live there isnt crap for us here closees one is like 2 hours away it really sucks when theres none around to help US autistic adults sure theres lots for chidlren but once u become adult theres crap for us they really need to add more programs serices for us autistic adults IT PISS ME RIGHT OFF ABOUT THAT :evil:

Longshanks
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2012, 11:59 am

ForEverAutistic wrote:
yeah they need to have more programs serivces for US autistic adults there far and few or to far to drive to where i live there isnt crap for us here closees one is like 2 hours away it really sucks when theres none around to help US autistic adults sure theres lots for chidlren but once u become adult theres crap for us they really need to add more programs serices for us autistic adults IT PISS ME RIGHT OFF ABOUT THAT :evil:

I concur. But they are making progress. It all depends on the state you live in. In Wisconsin we have made some progress, but have a way to go yet. Gov. Walker has signed some legislation allowing more voacational rehab opportunities for spectrum people. Like anything else, the wheels of government turn slowly.

Longshanks

Supporter of the Brian Terry Foundation @ www.honorbrianterry.com. Special Agent Brian Terry (1970-2010) was murdered as a direct result of Operation Fast & Furious - which Barry O won't discuss - wonder why?

Rainy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 May 2012, 2:37 am

Blame your fellow autists for campaigning against the idea that autism is a problem.

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2012, 7:10 am

Rainy wrote:
Blame your fellow autists for campaigning against the idea that autism is a problem.

now where is that ?

most people i see campaign not be treated like inherently less worthy despite their difficulties, not because they dont have them.

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.

Rainy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 May 2012, 3:53 am

Try every thread that complains about the idea that autism or aspergers is a disorder.

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2012, 3:59 am

Rainy wrote:
Try every thread that complains about the idea that autism or aspergers is a disorder.

Pfffft, have you actually read any of those threads? They're filled with people correcting the poster and it's pretty obvious that the people who post those threads aren't really involved in any sort of campaigning. It's the internet. Anything anyone ever thought is here. Some people can't deal with the fact they have a disorder and say so. Means very, very little in the grand scheme of things and certainly has absolutely nothing to do with government supports or lack thereof.