Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

soutthpaw
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 May 2012, 4:39 pm

I cannot stand that show, my 3 year old son loves it. unfortunately the acting skill, costuming and special effects also look to be done by a 3 year old....

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2012, 5:02 pm

Never liked Power Rangers, the likes of SWAT Kats were 10 times better in the 90's :P

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2012, 5:09 pm

Keniichi wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
NeueZiel wrote:
Re-watching old MMPR rangers can be fun but I can't help but realize how useless pink is. She completely sucks and is unlikeable and annoying, her Japanese counterpart in Zyuranger is really awesome and part french I think. She's a cute but ass kicking awesome chick while Kimberly..I don't quite get how she even manages to be a ranger, she's so lame.

For some reason I liked her and interestingly enough I've never liked the color pink, I guess maybe part of it was when we played my sister always wanted to be the yellow ranger so I was stuck with being the pink one, so maybe I just grew to like her don't really know.

Another thing pointed out to me was that after season 2 when you watch the green ranger take note of how awful his armor looks in comparison to the fight scenes in season 1. It looks like a toy from walmart, this is because they ran out of Zyuranger footage but its very daunting to notice.

Thuderzords were still awesome and so was Lord Zedd and his cronies. I loved how he transformed inanimate objects into monsters, though Rita's clay monster factory was always my favorite. Did anyone else wish they had something like that as a kid?

If I remember right it kinda did slowly go down hill after a while......I don't even know if I ever saw the entire series.

I think the reason for that is is this Disney took over the rights of the Power rangers mid season of Wild Force. Then finally Saban got their rights back and brought up PR SAMURAI!! HECK YAAA!! !!

Why did Disney every have any say? screw Disney.......but wait if Saban got their rights back does that mean they'll kill all the crappy versions of the show that Disney created? seriously though the last one I remember actually watching was the Power Rangers Lost Galaxy...I've glanced at some of the ones since then but never really cared for them. If they had the older better ones I probably would have told my youngest brother he should watch it.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2012, 5:16 pm

tb86 wrote:
comicbookmovie.com asks people if they want to see a PG-13 Power Rangers movie which means 12A over here in the UK. Personally I would. Now I'm not saying I wanna see sex, foul language, drugs etc but it should be more mature and less comical like your typical superhero movie. It should have humor but the type of humor you would see in The Avengers or Spider-man. Things that didn't make sense on the show should be explained more.

If it was a good movie Id watch it....funny though I think I'd find the old Ninja Turtles movies quite entertaining even now(I think I remember watching part of one recently even), and not sure what they were rated but the there wasn't really stupid comedy some funny parts though that are actually funny and plenty of actual violent action. So I guess what I am saying is if the power rangers movie was that quality I would watch it regardless of the rating.

angelofdarkness
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 May 2012, 7:53 pm

you have no idea how obsessed i used to be even know i am a girl

Keniichi
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2012, 10:26 pm

NeueZiel wrote:
Keniichi wrote:
Can someone please tell me why Kimberly the Pink Ranger was and is so popular though amongst people(especially boys)? I find her slightly annoying at times...

People like her because she was the white female character and got more attention than the yellow ranger (who tragically died in a car accident some years back) and of course the prime demographic
for MMPR were young pre-pubescent boys. So for many she was like a first celebrity crush and for the girls who did watch she was a "strong" female character to look up to but she really wasn't that great. All I can remember is her getting in trouble, being boring and acting like a stereotypical girl.

Her Japanese counterpart in Zyuranger is MUCH more badass and cuter to boot. A big weakness of MMPR is that aside from Tommy and Jason everyone else kinda sucks, Zack is the black guy, Billy is the shy yet genius geek, Trini is the asian girl, and Kimberly is the white chick who worries about her nail polish and hair. They are all cardboard cutout characters met to fill token slots while I found myself liking all of the Zyurangers. They had more individuality as characters. Its funny how different the tone of the shows are given that they were marketed to the same age group, speaks more for the cultures I guess. In Zyuranger people died, one of the rangers was a pervert who would try glancing up pink's skirt (and he would get smacked by her) and Bandora(Rita) was a mourning mother who wanted revenge for her dead son. MMPR was cheesy as hell in comparison, even if I did love the show as a 7 year old.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibltpj_AdyQ[/youtube]

Thanks. I do like the Japanese versions of MMPR better however I have yetto find subtitles for everyone of them!!!T.T

Keniichi
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2012, 10:44 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
tb86 wrote:
comicbookmovie.com asks people if they want to see a PG-13 Power Rangers movie which means 12A over here in the UK. Personally I would. Now I'm not saying I wanna see sex, foul language, drugs etc but it should be more mature and less comical like your typical superhero movie. It should have humor but the type of humor you would see in The Avengers or Spider-man. Things that didn't make sense on the show should be explained more.

If it was a good movie Id watch it....funny though I think I'd find the old Ninja Turtles movies quite entertaining even now(I think I remember watching part of one recently even), and not sure what they were rated but the there wasn't really stupid comedy some funny parts though that are actually funny and plenty of actual violent action. So I guess what I am saying is if the power rangers movie was that quality I would watch it regardless of the rating.

you might like Sabans Power Rangers Samurai I findit to be just as goodas the Sentai version of it. (I havent seen many episodes either).

mbard
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Aug 2018, 11:33 am

angelofdarkness wrote:
you have no idea how obsessed i used to be even know i am a girl

Ohhhhhh, me too. I still am. Ha ha. You read the new power rangers comic books? They are great. :-)

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

29 Aug 2018, 4:12 am

I watched them from when they 1st came out till they went into space. I quit watching it then because I got home from skewl too late & then I didn't see them on for many years until some time after Nickelodeon started showing them. I have no interest in watching the newer 1s but I wouldn't mind watching the older 1s that I used to watch.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition