Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Keniichi
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2012, 5:11 pm

I mean the ones that werent owned by Disney(very few ofthem I liked(mainly Ninja Storm and Mystic Force). I have loved most of the ones made by Saban( I say most only because I had to sneak watch em because my parents didn't approve until I was older and I was too little to watch and remember all of em).

I like Turbo, TimeForce, WildForce, the original Power rangers(including the movie), Ninja Storm(love Ninjas and Martial Arts), Dino Thunder(it had Tommy in it!), Mystic Force, and currently LOVE the one reclaimed by Saban: POWER RANGERS SUPER SAMURAI!!(is a major fan of martial arts and samurai's)

What are all your favorite seasons of Power Rangers and why?

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2012, 5:54 pm

I was heavily into the MMPR since I was at the right age when the first season came out here. I still remember how shocked I was when this badass and scary dude named Lord Zedd came in and destroyed the dinozords, I was like.."Whoa..holy s**t...I can't believe this"/ I was 7. Every season after 2 (which was great as well) never gripped me as much and I slowly started to grow out of the show.

About 5 or 6 years ago an old friend and I discovered the source show for the MMPR, Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger and needles to say, we were hooked. MMPR will always have a place in my heart because of the effect it had on my childhood and all the toys, so I can't really say it sucks..but KSZ is so much better objectively. I watched the entire series on youtube and was just wow'ed, great fight scenes (they were recycled into the MMPR for ground/zord stuff until season 2), enjoyable story and great characters. It got me on a bit of a sentai kick for awhile.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US6DJnk4z6Q[/youtube]
Also Burai beats Tommy any day of the week
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsjSLYxM_Cs[/youtube]

Keniichi
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2012, 6:46 pm

NeueZiel wrote:
I was heavily into the MMPR since I was at the right age when the first season came out here. I still remember how shocked I was when this badass and scary dude named Lord Zedd came in and destroyed the dinozords, I was like.."Whoa..holy sh**...I can't believe this"/ I was 7. Every season after 2 (which was great as well) never gripped me as much and I slowly started to grow out of the show.

About 5 or 6 years ago an old friend and I discovered the source show for the MMPR, Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger and needles to say, we were hooked. MMPR will always have a place in my heart because of the effect it had on my childhood and all the toys, so I can't really say it sucks..but KSZ is so much better objectively. I watched the entire series on youtube and was just wow'ed, great fight scenes (they were recycled into the MMPR for ground/zord stuff until season 2), enjoyable story and great characters. It got me on a bit of a sentai kick for awhile.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US6DJnk4z6Q[/youtube]
Also Burai beats Tommy any day of the week
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsjSLYxM_Cs[/youtube]

Yes I know Sentai series is alot older then MMPR is in general. I think its nearly twice as old. Unfortuneately Iv only seen afew of the Sentai Series(dont remember what their called either) due to them having subtitles.(I learn languages through subtitles). Thanks for links!

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2012, 7:05 pm

I think I still prefer the original.......it used to be my favorite show when I was a kid. Unfortunately I got made fun of for it by some kids when I was a kid. I don't really know why I guess pokemon or whatever was cooler or something or it was just something they could get a reaction out of me if they dissed on it.

Another favorite of mine was the original Ninja Turtles and the original live action movies......to me the new crap isn't even worth seeing.

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2012, 8:08 pm

I grew up with Power Rangers and it has a lot of nostalgic value for me. I watched from the original series all the way up until Time Force (which ended when I was 8) after then I just kind of grew out of the series. I still love watching all the ones I used to watch though on Netflix for a blast of nostalgia.

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2012, 4:01 am

Re-watching old MMPR rangers can be fun but I can't help but realize how useless pink is. She completely sucks and is unlikeable and annoying, her Japanese counterpart in Zyuranger is really awesome and part french I think. She's a cute but ass kicking awesome chick while Kimberly..I don't quite get how she even manages to be a ranger, she's so lame.

Another thing pointed out to me was that after season 2 when you watch the green ranger take note of how awful his armor looks in comparison to the fight scenes in season 1. It looks like a toy from walmart, this is because they ran out of Zyuranger footage but its very daunting to notice.

Thuderzords were still awesome and so was Lord Zedd and his cronies. I loved how he transformed inanimate objects into monsters, though Rita's clay monster factory was always my favorite. Did anyone else wish they had something like that as a kid?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2012, 2:32 pm

NeueZiel wrote:
Re-watching old MMPR rangers can be fun but I can't help but realize how useless pink is. She completely sucks and is unlikeable and annoying, her Japanese counterpart in Zyuranger is really awesome and part french I think. She's a cute but ass kicking awesome chick while Kimberly..I don't quite get how she even manages to be a ranger, she's so lame.

For some reason I liked her and interestingly enough I've never liked the color pink, I guess maybe part of it was when we played my sister always wanted to be the yellow ranger so I was stuck with being the pink one, so maybe I just grew to like her don't really know.

Another thing pointed out to me was that after season 2 when you watch the green ranger take note of how awful his armor looks in comparison to the fight scenes in season 1. It looks like a toy from walmart, this is because they ran out of Zyuranger footage but its very daunting to notice.

Thuderzords were still awesome and so was Lord Zedd and his cronies. I loved how he transformed inanimate objects into monsters, though Rita's clay monster factory was always my favorite. Did anyone else wish they had something like that as a kid?

If I remember right it kinda did slowly go down hill after a while......I don't even know if I ever saw the entire series.

Keniichi
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2012, 3:31 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
NeueZiel wrote:

For some reason I liked her and interestingly enough I've never liked the color pink, I guess maybe part of it was when we played my sister always wanted to be the yellow ranger so I was stuck with being the pink one, so maybe I just grew to like her don't really know.

If I remember right it kinda did slowly go down hill after a while......I don't even know if I ever saw the entire series.

I think the reason for that is is this Disney took over the rights of the Power rangers mid season of Wild Force. Then finally Saban got their rights back and brought up PR SAMURAI!! HECK YAAA!! !!

TheFormalOne
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 May 2012, 6:12 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-5i0g7whzY[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCJ8cixpa5s[/youtube]

Anyways, I haven't seen Super Sentai yet, but I heard it was better than Power Rangers. But no matter what, I will always love Power Rangers. My favorite season would be In Space.

Also, I'd suggest watching Linkara on thatguywiththeglasses.com

He reviews all of the seasons of Power Rangers, reviews the comics, and more.

POWER RANGERS FOREVER!! !! !! !

Keniichi
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2012, 12:48 am

TheFormalOne wrote:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-5i0g7whzY[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCJ8cixpa5s[/youtube]

Anyways, I haven't seen Super Sentai yet, but I heard it was better than Power Rangers. But no matter what, I will always love Power Rangers. My favorite season would be In Space.

Also, I'd suggest watching Linkara on thatguywiththeglasses.com

He reviews all of the seasons of Power Rangers, reviews the comics, and more.

POWER RANGERS FOREVER!! !! !! !

Heck ya!

Keniichi
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2012, 12:50 am

Can someone please tell me why Kimberly the Pink Ranger was and is so popular though amongst people(especially boys)? I find her slightly annoying at times...

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2012, 8:13 am

I never watched a whole one, but my oldest son LOVED them. We have a whole set of VCR tapes around here with some of the old shows on them. 95 or therabouts was when we bought those.

I remember he was the black ranger for Halloween one year and I made him an awesome costume. Sewed it myself. He wore it to play in for months afterwards.

He was about 6 when he watched it. I can't imagine someone not letting their kids watch Power Rangers!

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

Keniichi
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2012, 2:33 am

OliveOilMom wrote:
I never watched a whole one, but my oldest son LOVED them. We have a whole set of VCR tapes around here with some of the old shows on them. 95 or therabouts was when we bought those.

I remember he was the black ranger for Halloween one year and I made him an awesome costume. Sewed it myself. He wore it to play in for months afterwards.

He was about 6 when he watched it. I can't imagine someone not letting their kids watch Power Rangers!

My mother had her reasons about not letting me watch Power Rangers or anything like that. I had trouble telling the difference between fantasy and reality back then, hwoever now that Im much older(and still have some schizophrenic trouble with this) Im able to tell the difference between reality and fantasy and can thus get obsessed with MMPR!

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2012, 1:43 pm

I liked the original. My brother and I watched it as kids. It was one of my favorites. I haven't watched in ages. The first season will be coming out in August, but I'm still not too sure whether or not I'll buy it. I'm kind of leaning towards buying it. If for nothing more than to watch it again and remembering.

Sweetleaf wrote:
Another favorite of mine was the original Ninja Turtles and the original live action movies......to me the new crap isn't even worth seeing.

I agree with you 100%.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2012, 2:25 pm

Keniichi wrote:
Can someone please tell me why Kimberly the Pink Ranger was and is so popular though amongst people(especially boys)? I find her slightly annoying at times...

People like her because she was the white female character and got more attention than the yellow ranger (who tragically died in a car accident some years back) and of course the prime demographic
for MMPR were young pre-pubescent boys. So for many she was like a first celebrity crush and for the girls who did watch she was a "strong" female character to look up to but she really wasn't that great. All I can remember is her getting in trouble, being boring and acting like a stereotypical girl.

Her Japanese counterpart in Zyuranger is MUCH more badass and cuter to boot. A big weakness of MMPR is that aside from Tommy and Jason everyone else kinda sucks, Zack is the black guy, Billy is the shy yet genius geek, Trini is the asian girl, and Kimberly is the white chick who worries about her nail polish and hair. They are all cardboard cutout characters met to fill token slots while I found myself liking all of the Zyurangers. They had more individuality as characters. Its funny how different the tone of the shows are given that they were marketed to the same age group, speaks more for the cultures I guess. In Zyuranger people died, one of the rangers was a pervert who would try glancing up pink's skirt (and he would get smacked by her) and Bandora(Rita) was a mourning mother who wanted revenge for her dead son. MMPR was cheesy as hell in comparison, even if I did love the show as a 7 year old.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibltpj_AdyQ[/youtube]

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2012, 4:36 pm

comicbookmovie.com asks people if they want to see a PG-13 Power Rangers movie which means 12A over here in the UK. Personally I would. Now I'm not saying I wanna see sex, foul language, drugs etc but it should be more mature and less comical like your typical superhero movie. It should have humor but the type of humor you would see in The Avengers or Spider-man. Things that didn't make sense on the show should be explained more.