Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2012, 7:28 am

Forgive me if this is another link in the chain of my apparently poor social judgements for the week, however, I thought this was quite clever.

I'll explain. This is triple meaning "de-motivational" poster in a "de-motivational poster". The inner poster represents an attempt to be clever by someone who likely does not have AS. And indeed, mis-spelling aside, it is clever. Notice that the focus, however, is on the social short comings of those with AS, which happen to be of a subject very important to those without AS. The outer poster represents the person who actually has AS being clever, by correcting the creator of the inner poster on his or her spelling, and at the same time, expresses the focus of the individual with AS, not on social issues, but on spelling.
Yes, very clever indeed.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2012, 8:29 am

You are clever, Chronos.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2012, 8:46 am

First thing i noticed was the dirty window with TRAKE written on it

Nexus
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2012, 9:37 am

Lol, I thought the outer demotivator was actually pointing out the fact the AS person totally failed to realize that the sign meant the other woman.

iggy64
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 May 2012, 10:42 am

First thing I noticed was the big 6 sign, and the arm you can't see the owner of....

Go spell correcting :)

Evinceo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 May 2012, 12:35 pm

That actually got me 100%, I didn't notice the girl on the right, and was trying to figure out what the inner joke meant before I noticed the girl on the left. "Is that a joke because she's actually asleep? Oh. Oh...."

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2012, 2:08 pm

Chronos wrote:
Forgive me if this is another link in the chain of my apparently poor social judgements for the week, however, I thought this was quite clever.

I'll explain. This is triple meaning "de-motivational" poster in a "de-motivational poster". The inner poster represents an attempt to be clever by someone who likely does not have AS. And indeed, mis-spelling aside, it is clever. Notice that the focus, however, is on the social short comings of those with AS, which happen to be of a subject very important to those without AS. The outer poster represents the person who actually has AS being clever, by correcting the creator of the inner poster on his or her spelling, and at the same time, expresses the focus of the individual with AS, not on social issues, but on spelling.
Yes, very clever indeed.

It took a while before I got this. :P Except for the typo, the flirting girl was the last thing I noticed.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2012, 3:11 pm

um, i did notice the flirting girl, she's too obvious.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2012, 3:13 pm

I want 30 seconds of my life back. :hmph:

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

metaldanielle
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2012, 3:26 pm

I got it instantly. If only I could tell when guys are flirting w/ me as easily.

Chipshorter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Location: The Georgian Quarter of The Pool of Life, The Centre of The Creative Universe

23 May 2012, 3:38 pm

Chronos wrote:
And indeed, mis-spelling aside

Look up the word aisle, its correctly spelt! :wink:

I get the triple meaning of that picture. Tho BTY the girl touching her face, might be pointing out to someone across her that they have something on there face or stuck in there teeth. Don't assume its flirting as we can only go on what the picture is communicating to us now!