Sherrif Arpaio and his Publically-Funded Hijinks

Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 1:32 pm

But Arpaio isn't the first person to suggest that the president's birth certificate is not real.

And illegals aren't all Hispanic. Plenty come from other countries. And if he's so racist why hasn't he arrested my dad yet? Although he's a citizen, my dad definitely looks Hispanic and he drives a pretty old car.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 1:52 pm

persian85033 wrote:
But Arpaio isn't the first person to suggest that the president's birth certificate is not real.

And illegals aren't all Hispanic. Plenty come from other countries. And if he's so racist why hasn't he arrested my dad yet? Although he's a citizen, my dad definitely looks Hispanic and he drives a pretty old car.

Does your Dad speak English as his first language? If so, Arpaio I imagine sees him as okay.
No, not all illegals are Latinos, but they do make up the majority in the Southwest.
And I could care less if Arpaio isn't the first to question the President's birth certificate; the fact is, in any case it's all racially motivated.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 4:40 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Does your Dad speak English as his first language? If so, Arpaio I imagine sees him as okay.
No, not all illegals are Latinos, but they do make up the majority in the Southwest.
And I could care less if Arpaio isn't the first to question the President's birth certificate; the fact is, in any case it's all racially motivated.

No. His first language is Spanish. He speaks good English, but with an accent.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 4:54 pm

persian85033 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Well, I'd suggest to him he ought to speak English from now on, so he doesn't get arrested and roughed up.
And no, I'm not saying that's right, but neither is targeting Latinos in general.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 6:18 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
persian85033 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Well, I'd suggest to him he ought to speak English from now on, so he doesn't get arrested and roughed up.
And no, I'm not saying that's right, but neither is targeting Latinos in general.

:roll:
He doesn't target Latinos just to be targeting Latinos otherwise a lot of his own cops would be targets.
Whats with this hatred you have of curbing illegal immigration?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 7:51 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
persian85033 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

He doesn't target Latinos just to be targeting Latinos otherwise a lot of his own cops would be targets.

No hatred. I just tend to see a lot of racial motivation in this.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 8:21 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
persian85033 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

No hatred. I just tend to see a lot of racial motivation in this.

Arizona is a border state so it's a real problem there. If it comes off as racist then oh well, we can't sit by and let the country be swarmed with illegals just out of fear of being called racist.
I've lived in a border state so I would have some idea.....

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 9:14 pm

If the truth be known, I do understand the need for immigration control. But the fact of the matter is, the "Papers Please" law was written by a former state representative - and now Arizona Republican head - who has very disturbing associations with white nationalist groups. That, and the fact that Arpaio showed little interest in enforcing protection for Latino Americans in his jurisdiction - on top of his racist birther nonsense - leads me to believe that racial prejudice plays a role in this.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 9:50 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
If the truth be known, I do understand the need for immigration control. But the fact of the matter is, the "Papers Please" law was written by a former state representative - and now Arizona Republican head - who has very disturbing associations with white nationalist groups. That, and the fact that Arpaio showed little interest in enforcing protection for Latino Americans in his jurisdiction - on top of his racist birther nonsense - leads me to believe that racial prejudice plays a role in this.

You're saying that this Arizona republican is (or was) a member of the klan, Aryan Nation, or whatever?
According to you aren't we all white supremacists?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 11:09 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

You're saying that this Arizona republican is (or was) a member of the klan, Aryan Nation, or whatever?
According to you aren't we all white supremacists?

I never said all people in Arizona are racists, but there has been a bad element that has taken hold of the political end of things.
And I don't recall which group this character had been associated with, but as I recall, they try to pass themselves off as a more intellectual element of the white nationalist movement - if there is such a thing. Essentially, their main theme seems to be: stop immigration from non-white populations to stop the "browning" of America.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 11:34 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

Strange, the Democrats made the same claims about George Romney in 1968 and that wasn't considered racial. :roll:
Quite frankly, I'm not sure if George Romney would have been eligible either.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2012, 12:38 am

John_Browning wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Strange, the Democrats made the same claims about George Romney in 1968 and that wasn't considered racial. :roll:
Quite frankly, I'm not sure if George Romney would have been eligible either.

Mitt's dad? As I recall, he had actually been born in Mexico. We know this because Mitt had released his own birth certificate just the other day, on which it states his father's birth place was south of the border.
And no, when the Democrats had brought that up in in '68, it wasn't racial, because George Romney was clearly white. With Obama, he has a legitimate birth certificate, but idiots keep harping about it - trying to make non-existent connections to Kenya - to the point that no white President would have to endure. The fact that race baiting plays into this makes the racist association impossible to ignore.

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2012, 1:47 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
persian85033 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

He does speak English when he's with people who don't understand Spanish. As for getting arrested, even if he does, he has nothing to fear. If they want him to prove he is a citizen, he can prove it because he is. Not too long ago, he was stopped because he'd forgotten to renew the license plates on the car. The officer asked to see his license, which he showed, and he was told that he should do it as soon as possible.

Both of my parents worked very hard, spent a lot of time and money to cross legally and then to get their citizenship, and get citizenship for my brother and me. It's not fair that illegals get free citizenship or amnesty or whatever. What about us who did things the right way?

PM
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2012, 4:06 pm

Conduct unbecoming and waste of resources.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2012, 4:53 pm

persian85033 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
persian85033 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

He does speak English when he's with people who don't understand Spanish. As for getting arrested, even if he does, he has nothing to fear. If they want him to prove he is a citizen, he can prove it because he is. Not too long ago, he was stopped because he'd forgotten to renew the license plates on the car. The officer asked to see his license, which he showed, and he was told that he should do it as soon as possible.

Both of my parents worked very hard, spent a lot of time and money to cross legally and then to get their citizenship, and get citizenship for my brother and me. It's not fair that illegals get free citizenship or amnesty or whatever. What about us who did things the right way?

I'm glad your Dad never got hassled. But why does he ever have to prove his citizenship, if the situation arises? I personally would find that insulting.

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2012, 7:23 pm

I think that if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear. If it's your immigration status that they are questioning, you simply prove them wrong. I would be pretty upset if mine was questioned because it's probably take up some of my time that could be invested in something else, but I try to remember that these people are simply trying to do their jobs. As long as I have done nothing wrong, I have nothing to fear from them.