Sherrif Arpaio and his Publically-Funded Hijinks

Page 3 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2012, 8:31 pm

persian85033 wrote:
I think that if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear. If it's your immigration status that they are questioning, you simply prove them wrong. I would be pretty upset if mine was questioned because it's probably take up some of my time that could be invested in something else, but I try to remember that these people are simply trying to do their jobs. As long as I have done nothing wrong, I have nothing to fear from them.

Let me put it this way, then: if I were convinced that this interrogation to determine my citizenship was racial motivated, I for one would feel threatened.
On that not, how many White, Anglo-Saxons are asked to produce proof of citizenship?

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2012, 8:57 am

It's a situation we should not have to be in. "If you've got nothing to hide" is not an American mentality.

But we have a real problem with illegal immigration. In Maryland we are fighting to keep illegal immigrants from getting in-state tuition. Basically, the law allows them to pay the same price people who live in MD pay, even though they pay no taxes to support the schools. Unfortunately no one is proposing a real solution to the problem. Democrats want to give everyone amnesty (and boom, a few million new D votes) and Republicans want to kick everyone out.

Like him or not, Newt Gingrich had a real workable plan for solving the problem. It created a guest worker program, made requirements for Visa's easier and laid out a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants who were living in the country but contributing to the community.

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2012, 9:02 am

I don't know how many people who look white and anglo saxon are asked for their citizen. People don't really talk about that. But I'm thinking there's at least some. I knew a girl who had blond hair, fair skin, and well, not blue, but green eyes who was from South Africa. She was asked for her papers once. Which she produced with no problem. The Staples guy who delivers supplies here is also an immigrant. I don't know where he's from, but he has no fear of the sherriff. He was very happy a few months back, telling us he had finally gotten his citizenship. So obtaining citizenship isn't impossible, as people sometimes believe. And no, he is not white. I don't know where he's from, but he has olive skin, brown eyes, and black hair, and he speaks with an accent.

thewhitrbbit wrote:
Unfortunately no one is proposing a real solution to the problem. Democrats want to give everyone amnesty (and boom, a few million new D votes).

That's not fair! If they get free amnesty just like that, there better be some recompensation for all the time and money(especially the time)I and other spent waiting for our citizenship! If they did give free amnesty, then isn't it just convenient for more people to come over illegally? After all, you just get amnesty. It's like rewarding people for having broken the law.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain