Page 1 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Alien100
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 May 2012, 11:37 pm

Today I read some news on yahoo.......Please visit the link and let me know your thoughts.

http://news.yahoo.com/scientist-evoluti ... 52505.html

After reading this it really made me think, not sure if thinking all the time is an AS trait but I wanted to see if any other people shared this same interest. These are my theories, and just theories, but they seem very logical to me.

Race to me is the result of climate, the hotter your area, the darker you are. Black people for instance have rougher hair texture, is that not some traces of evolution? If evolution didn't exist, there wouldn't be any need for different races, different breeds of animals, we evolve at a rate based off that current environment.

We all know this conflicts directly with religion, if any definitive truth is ever found, religions will most definitely kill themselves off, resulting in human extinction after we nuke the heck out of each other. I believe the natural emotion of human beings will not allow them to see things clearly, in a way they need religion to feel some kind worth.

My other question, if an order of God exist, why do Aspies exist, what is the percentage of Aspies that believe in God, and what or the percentages of the ones that are Atheist, if the ones that are Atheist are found to be wrong, will they be punished in the end for having highly logical minds, what you see is what you get type of thinking?

At what point was the word religion created, and why. We all know the definition, what it means, but at what point did this word need to exist. My theory is that it came directly when humans had it's first disagreement, the proof of this will be when people read this thread and interpret differently from one another resulting in diversity, which ultimately leads to wars.
When people read the bible, the information received might be interpreted in many different ways, which gives birth to a whole new religion afterwards. I was raised as a Christian, but even as a child my mind wondered, reading a big yellow book called my book of bible stories, and noticed that every one in that book looked white, like white Americans, no offense. But how did they know this, I gave them the benefit of the doubt since I was so young and assumed that there was some kind of Christian archaeologist out in the field sharing this information directly with us, but that belief did not last long. To me that was proof that they made the religion to what they felt it necessary to be, not off of any hard found evidence, which is something I can't go off of. I wonder if any one of the people in my religion actually knew that Charles Taze Russell was the founder, I wonder if they know who this man had ties with. Religion to me seems like muliple choice, fill in the circle type deal, if you don't you fail the test. I do believe in something, but a logical way, maybe scientist will run into a point to were science can't advance any further. The only they know as to right now is the Big Bang, and possible a singularity of energy, but what before that, if the universe is indeed expanding, what the heck is it expanding into.

Please let me know your feedback, is this normal for Aspies, do you guys think about these things, I believe maybe I have my own personal problem and I don't believe the crap that comes from humans, maybe we are natural truth seekers, anyway, your thoughts are appreciated, play nice.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2012, 12:42 am

While I still hold to my Lutheranism I was raised with, I am not about to deny the validity of evolution, as there is too much evidence for it's existence. I guess you can put me down as believing in a divinely guided evolution.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2012, 7:30 am

The OP is stringing together a large number of issues here.

Each one worthy of a long (and acrimonius) ppr thread in itsself.

So its hard to know where to begin.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2012, 10:01 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
While I still hold to my Lutheranism I was raised with, I am not about to deny the validity of evolution, as there is too much evidence for it's existence. I guess you can put me down as believing in a divinely guided evolution.

If God could not stop the Holocaust, what makes you think He could guide evolution?

ruveyn

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2012, 11:38 am

ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

If God could not stop the Holocaust, what makes you think He could guide evolution?

ruveyn

You have to bring that up with him.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2012, 12:24 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

ruveyn

God only watches over us but bad things happen regardless.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2012, 4:46 pm

Evolution by natural selection doesn't need guiding.

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2012, 6:41 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

ruveyn

Kraich's stance seems akin to the idea that God, by creating the universe, created evolution. Because God knows everything, he indirectly "guided" evolution by knowingly creating a universe in which events occurred in such a way that we have the universe as it is now.

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2012, 7:15 pm

Anyone else think this thread was going to be about the evolution of religion?

some atheist to stick: "You're like me!"

Alien100
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 May 2012, 9:10 pm

Snapcap: Anyone else think this thread was going to be about the evolution of religion?

Regarding your reply, even the the whole post was not about the Origin/Evolution of religion, but I would like to hear your thoughts if you have any theories, do you think at some point it will disappear. Remember there was no need for such a word before we started killing each other, before we had disagreements.

At what point was the word religion created, and why. but at what point did this word need to exist. My theory is that it came directly when humans had it's first disagreement.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2012, 10:44 pm

roronoa79 wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

ruveyn

Kraich's stance seems akin to the idea that God, by creating the universe, created evolution. Because God knows everything, he indirectly "guided" evolution by knowingly creating a universe in which events occurred in such a way that we have the universe as it is now.

Yes, but I like to imagine the Almighty had taken a personal hand in human evolution.

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2012, 10:58 pm

snapcap wrote:
Anyone else think this thread was going to be about the evolution of religion?

Yup, I thought the Golden Bough would surely come up.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2012, 1:23 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

I hope you're aware that that is "christian evolutionism" which is a heresy ( worse even than straight-no-chaser materiastic evolution).

I got no problem with it myself- that god set out to create the universe and took his sweet time - billions of years- and did it in a way that outwardly appears to be evolution through natural selection. And that Genisis never really ends. He is still creating.
Why not?

But it violates the doctrine of original sin- so its odds with conventional Christianity.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2012, 1:32 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I hope you're aware that that is "christian evolutionism" which is a heresy ( worse even than straight-no-chaser materiastic evolution).

I got no problem with it myself- that god set out to create the universe and took his sweet time - billions of years- and did it in a way that outwardly appears to be evolution through natural selection. And that Genisis never really ends. He is still creating.
Why not?

But it violates the doctrine of original sin- so its odds with conventional Christianity.

Trust me, there are plenty of Christians who believe in divinely guided evolution, particularly among mainline denominations.
As for original sin - - well, I think human history bears it's existence out, even if it didn't come about literally by eating the forbidden fruit. Just don't expect me to explain how it got there.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2012, 3:13 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Trust me, there are plenty of Christians who believe in divinely guided evolution, particularly among mainline denominations.

I believe that when I let go of a brick, God divinely inspires it to leap to the ground otherwise it would just hover in mid space. :wink:

Rocky
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2012, 4:47 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

Its hard for me to think up any conceivable reason why an all powerful god would bother with such a long, complicated process.