who do you trust the most to get advise about aspie life?

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2012, 10:26 am

blackcatz1 wrote:
i am really confused on who to turn to to get advise on my life...i have so many aching desires that i feel that i can never heal of obtain, like a partner, real friends, to feel cool and valued by others around me, to be understood, to be successful in life...to be taken seriously :lol: who do you trust to make things clear and to make you world understandable? there is no real support for any or us...do you listen to others aspies? your parents of the doctors and scientists?

It seems like there's not really anything that helps.

Katatonia
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Jun 2012, 10:47 am

No one, I get treated like I'm brain damaged and that I don't know anything most of the time. Earlier this week, I was sent to the learning center because the teacher thought I wasn't smart enough to finish it. Anyway, when I got there I sat down, got my work out, etc. Then a support teacher came up to me and gave me instructions on how to write the date regardless of telling her that I knew it.

Really, I only have/been diagnosed with minor HFA. Nothing serve.

I also think a teacher or someone told a bunch of students of my disorder, because people have recently started calling me retarded, etc. And I was hanging out with a few "friends" of mine in painting last year, after doing a weird painting and one of the people commenting on it. My "friend" whispered to the other person: "Oi, he has autism.". He whispered as if I wouldn't hear it, things like that really annoy me.

MindWithoutWalls
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2012, 7:39 pm

Katatonia wrote:
Then a support teacher came up to me and gave me instructions on how to write the date regardless of telling her that I knew it.

This really annoys me. I hate when I can't get help when I need it, and yet I get help pushed at me when I don't need it. Why can't people just find out what's going on and then respond accordingly? Is that really so hard???

Loitering is encouraged at The Wayshelter: http://wayshelter.com
Visit the Asperger's / Autism Toolbox: http://wayshelter.com/autasptoolbox.htm