who do you trust the most to get advise about aspie life?

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Katatonia
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Jun 2012, 10:47 am

No one, I get treated like I'm brain damaged and that I don't know anything most of the time. Earlier this week, I was sent to the learning center because the teacher thought I wasn't smart enough to finish it. Anyway, when I got there I sat down, got my work out, etc. Then a support teacher came up to me and gave me instructions on how to write the date regardless of telling her that I knew it.

Really, I only have/been diagnosed with minor HFA. Nothing serve.

I also think a teacher or someone told a bunch of students of my disorder, because people have recently started calling me ret*d, etc. And I was hanging out with a few "friends" of mine in painting last year, after doing a weird painting and one of the people commenting on it. My "friend" whispered to the other person: "Oi, he has autism.". He whispered as if I wouldn't hear it, things like that really annoy me.

MindWithoutWalls
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2012, 7:39 pm

Katatonia wrote:
Then a support teacher came up to me and gave me instructions on how to write the date regardless of telling her that I knew it.

This really annoys me. I hate when I can't get help when I need it, and yet I get help pushed at me when I don't need it. Why can't people just find out what's going on and then respond accordingly? Is that really so hard???

Loitering is encouraged at The Wayshelter: http://wayshelter.com