how do i open ports for a game need to open 6112-6119

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

cursedforever
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 May 2012, 5:53 am

what is a router? well i did open on router. but still dosent work. i did enable game mode and still dosent work! i tried a program that opens portal simple portforwarding but its bugged. dir-100 (public) and private port are seperate.

my operate system is windows 7 :) vista :) i did try to open manually ports but still dosent work for me, i maybe did with misstake block port :S:)

help please-.-.

i rememer before i could turn of firewall and host :S and now it dosent work what i did do:)

Species5618

31 May 2012, 7:37 am

First, you need to find out what IP address you have on your computer. Open a command prompt and type "ipconfig". Note the IP address it gives you.

Then, open a browser to go to the configuration page of your router or modem (= the box that sits between your computer and the internet). On the configuration page, find an option called "port forwarding". Input your IP address as the address to forward to as well as the ports you want to forward. Unfortunately, configuration pages look very different for different routers, so I can't give you an accurate description of where to find the relevant options, you'll just have to search a bit.

Shorttail
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 May 2012, 8:07 am

http://portforward.com/

Really good guides, for nearly all routers and games. I used it a lot.