Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 2:29 pm

OK, I live in a very, very small backwoods, country town. My mother lives across the main road from me. I walk over there several times a day now that my washer is broken. I go the back way, around and down this small road by the trucking company and the failed Christmas Tree Farm (long story, they planted the wrong kind of pines). My mother lives in these apartments for elderly and handicapped people.

Today when I was walking back home, I was going up the same back way. Too many logging trucks slinging up stuff on the road to walk up the main road today. So I walked up the hill and around the gate to go up that small road. There was this young boy handing around on the gate, talking on his cell phone. Now, nobody hangs around that gate. It's in the middle of nowhere. This was a black guy, about 16 or 17, I didn't recognize him so he doesn't hang out with my kids. He was trying so hard to look all "hard" and all. Had his red hat on pushed back, a wife beater on, big necklace, pants about to fall off, underwear sticking out all over the place. Trying to look intimidating and stuff. Obviously he wasn't looking intimidating but he was giving it his all.

So, as I walked around the gate, I looked up and smiled and nodded and said "hey" and went on walking down the road. He hangs up his phone, turns around and jogs over by me. He said "Hey, hey, hey you!" Well I turned around and gave him a LOOK because teenagers don't address adults with "hey you!" around here. I said "YES???! !! !" and he asked me if I wanted to buy a $10 rock! ROFLMAO!! !! !! !! I couldn't help it. I started laughing. When I stopped laughing I put my hand on his arm and said "Oh sweetie, no I don't want any crack. Did you know those are the old people apartments? I don't think you are posted up in a very good spot and you really shouldn't be asking people's moms and grandmothers either." and walked off.

WTF?????????

That was my laugh for the day. When I walked back over with my younger daughter he was gone. I had told her about it. She said "I probably know him from school".

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

HisDivineMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 2:38 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
he asked me if I wanted to buy a $10 rock!

Perhaps he collects natural minerals, and was visiting the town for that. :P

Ynnep
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 May 2012, 2:51 pm

That's hilarious. Plus I didn't know crack was only $10.00, that's cheaper than cigarettes here in Canada. I may have to switch.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 3:01 pm

Ynnep wrote:
That's hilarious. Plus I didn't know crack was only $10.00, that's cheaper than cigarettes here in Canada. I may have to switch.

Holy crap cigs are that much there? Cigs are $3.54 including tax here.

But yeah, they sell crack in individual rocks and in sacks here. $10 is the cheapest. However, a pack of cigs will last you most of the day. A $10 rock will last you about 30 minutes. At least that's what I'm told. ;-)

Plus, considering that kid had no idea what to do, where to go, nor who to approach or how, I figure it was probably just baking soda anyway.

Ynnep
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 May 2012, 3:07 pm

I bought a 20 pack of cigs here last night for $11.35. But yeah, I think I'll give the crack a miss. Or the baking soda or whatever he was selling. Poor kid, it ain't easy being a lone gangster in a small town.

HisDivineMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 3:37 pm

He's probably the only one with his pants down so low and his underwear up so high. Must feel lonely.
I tried to sell a friend of mine 'cocaine' once for a video we made. Shame we forgot to put away the powdered sugar.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 4:06 pm

Where are you folks that cigs cost that much? The most expensive brand that is sold here, Newport, are only $5.75 and that's way too much for me, plus I don't smoke menthols. I can't imagine cigs being $10 and over a pack. That's ridiculous. Mine are $3.54 a pack and Marlboros are $4.30 something a pack, which is why I switched from Marlboros.

Ynnep
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 May 2012, 4:18 pm

Wow, if you think the smokes are expensive you should see how much liquor costs here! I live in Alberta, Canada. Everything is taxed pretty highly here but we do have universal health care and pretty good social programs.

When I travel to the U.S. I always load up on cigarettes and as much booze as they'll let me take acreoss the boarder. I love coming down there to shop!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 4:21 pm

That made me LOL. :lol:

thedaywalker
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 5:44 pm

wel you know what they say never to old to learn something new :P

2wheels4ever
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 10:56 pm

OMG that was friggin' funny. Should have posted it up on Youtube. I wonder what his homies said when he told them what happened

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 11:00 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
Where are you folks that cigs cost that much? The most expensive brand that is sold here, Newport, are only $5.75 and that's way too much for me, plus I don't smoke menthols. I can't imagine cigs being $10 and over a pack. That's ridiculous. Mine are $3.54 a pack and Marlboros are $4.30 something a pack, which is why I switched from Marlboros.

Canada. The anti-smoking lobby up here has basically gone insane. They don't even allow the sale of light or extra-light cigarrettes anymore, because some genius decided that people might think it was healthy to smoke if there were light cigarrettes. So now you smoke the stronger cigarrettes that will kill you faster, by order of the anti-smoking lobby.

One way to get rid of us smokers, I suppose.

Also that was hilarious story OOM ... you should have offered your services to him as protector/bodyguard, pretty dangerous in the old folks ghetto

Last edited by edgewaters on 31 May 2012, 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 11:01 pm

hahaha, that's hilarious. $10? I wonder if it was real, that's pretty good.

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 11:03 pm

Ynnep wrote:
Wow, if you think the smokes are expensive you should see how much liquor costs here! I live in Alberta, Canada. Everything is taxed pretty highly here but we do have universal health care and pretty good social programs.

When I travel to the U.S. I always load up on cigarettes and as much booze as they'll let me take acreoss the boarder. I love coming down there to shop!

Everything is double the price in Alberta even compared to Ontario but I like how the liquor stores are all independent and they close later than the LCBO's.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 11:48 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:

I've heard menthalated cigs can make your lungs bleed because of the fiberglass. Is this true?

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2012, 11:26 am

cubedemon6073 wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:

I've heard menthalated cigs can make your lungs bleed because of the fiberglass. Is this true?

I have no idea. I hate smoking menthols. It's like smoking an ice cube. If a menthol is all that's available, I will take the filter off and smoke it like a Camel Nonfilter. However, I'm pretty much about to be done with smoking. The Welbutrin has made it all but impossible to enjoy a cigarette. I'm very glad of that because I want to quit (in my head) but I'm also sad because I'll miss it (out of habit).