Do people laugh at you when you get angry?

Page 3 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

b9
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 11:19 am

i react in a very panicked way when i hear the sound of a fart.
i must exit the situation immediately before my nostrils are desecrated by the ravages of a molecular coating borne of alien colonic generation.

people go the toilet in private, and they dump their debris outside of general sight.

farts, on the other hand are trespassers on my olfactory property, and i am very unhappy if i sniff another persons anal exhaust events.

the air is free and it should not be polluted by a single molecule that i find unacceptable.

i get angry and unsure of what do do other than go home rapidly if some dill just presses out a flatulent expression.

people have noted that i have a weakness with respect to flatulence, and i have experiened social episodes where people have "saved up" their abdominal gas with the express desire to liberate them loudly in my presence, and then "watch the show".
i would almost run off a cliff to escape inhaling another persons anal gas. it is a terrifying concept in my mind to imagine having to breath a persons fart gas (methyl mercaptan is a very odious stench)

people just laugh like untethered buffoons at my reactions to their calculated actions designed to incite my displeasure while they are in front of my face (during occasions that i am being ridiculed) but i could not care less because i can just tell them to go away and i can proceed with being alone.

i like being alone because i do not give myself the s**ts.

tchek
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Jun 2012, 6:52 pm

slave wrote:

Based on what you're saying I'm inclined to view this as NSSI as it is spontaneous, accompanied by dissociation, etc... I'm not getting the impression that this behaviour is secondary to regular, sustained obsession. OCD usually involves regular cognitive obsessions resulting in a compulsion to do something in order to get relief.

I live with both. I know that you are suffering. It saddens me to learn of your pain.

Do you have PTSD?

I'm undiagnosized, so I can't really say where it is coming from, or if I have Post-traumatic syndrome... Maybe I have.

When I bite my finger, I have briefly very dark extreme thoughts. My inability to cope with the situation and respond to an abuse or an offense makes me "repress" it, only to express them in an extreme way in my head, if you know what I mean. It's very embarassing when I'm caught doing that, I come off as a psycho :? . The few people who saw me "self injurying" myself say that I seriously look like I'm going to murder someone. As spontaneous and automatic as it is, I tend to self-injury when alone.

Recently, I don't only bite my hand, I do a very low, throaty "grunt" when I feel anger. I do this subconsciously and when alone, and eventually people next room storm in and ask me "hey what was that noise?". I basically sound like i'm lifting something very heavy.

Maybe I have post traumatic syndrome, but I don't know how I would know.

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2012, 12:12 pm

My dad laughs at me sometimes when I get angry...once when he was giving me a driving lesson, I was screwing up worse and worse, and he kept saying "pretty soon we can stop the Car and I'll change seats with you," but it didn't happen until a lot later...the Cars behind me and in front of me were really freaking me out (we were driving in a relatively quiet neighborhood, but it still triggered my anxiety) and I was getting SO freakin' mad that I was ready to flip off the next person who went up my tailpipe or pull over, grab one of the streetsigns out of the ground and beat the driver behind me to death with it (not the Car, tho, I LIKE Cars). Like legit. And when we finally did stop, and he saw for himself how angry I was at both myself and the drivers, he just seemed to think it was funny.

I bet no one would have said anything if it was my stepmom who wanted to beat someone to death with a streetsign...It's AAAALLLLLWWWWAAAAYYYSSSS okay for HER to get angry and be mean to everyone around her, but it's never okay when I do it. :evil:

Maybe I'm just a bad person. In fact, I'm sure I am. :cry:

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2012, 1:15 pm

I thought it said somewhere that people are not supposed to laugh at someone who is angry? How come it's socially acceptable for NTs to break social rules, but if an Aspie done exactly that (laughing at an NT who is angry), the Aspie will be hated and considered rude, inconsiderate and unempathetic?

DrPenguin
Toucan
Toucan

18 Jul 2012, 1:35 pm

iceveela wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
I thought NTs would know better than to laugh at someone who is angry.

NTs have empathy = BS

I believe NT's have the actual disorder. I mean, what other people would purposefully wear high heels if they are not trying to engage in coitus with a attractive member of the opposite/same sex? What other people would make fun of, and get upset if someone else is wearing an 'out of style' outfit, or wears unfashionable clothing? The more I live in a world covered in NT's the more weird, and unexplainable, repetitive, seemingly useless, rituals that are apparently a symptom of aspergers and considered abnormal, I see in them.

I find it funny that an NT can have a mountain of shoes and be considered normal, yet my interest of raccoons and collection of raccoon stuffed animals, figurines, and books, etc, is considered abnormal.

Gets my vote. In 33 years living in and around NT's and trying to be one I still fail to understand why they do half the stuff they do. They might not obsess over microbes but ask them who won big brother and you get a 10 min lecture (even worse watching them freak when they realise there missing it) and these are intelligent rational people who are normal?

PS don't mention shoes, lived with a girl at uni she needed a spare room for her shoe collection, who needs 12 pairs of trainers and 7 types of boot (couldn't count the high heels etc too many). She had more shoes than I had books.

P.P.S. was told that a person laughed at me when I got angry was that I come across as over exaggerated like I was part joking and he didn't take me in as a threat, didn't trigger his (or my friends) natural subconscious threat responses. Even after knowing me for 5 years my mate was surprised that I was that angry (he's a veteran prison warden).

Your Aspie score: 139 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 68 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

Last edited by DrPenguin on 18 Jul 2012, 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2012, 1:47 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I thought it said somewhere that people are not supposed to laugh at someone who is angry? How come it's socially acceptable for NTs to break social rules, but if an Aspie done exactly that (laughing at an NT who is angry), the Aspie will be hated and considered rude, inconsiderate and unempathetic?

That's exactly what I'D like to know!

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

DrPenguin
Toucan
Toucan

18 Jul 2012, 2:05 pm

LtlPinkCoupe wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

That's exactly what I'D like to know!

An NT wouldn't think of it in such a rigid manner the rules change with the situation a friend laughing when I got mad over something daft is one thing, but the guy who laughed at me when I got angry at him hurting an animal had 270lb of the same NT friend grab him and told him that he should be more polite and demonstrated what he was doing to the animal hurt literally :twisted: (my mate stopped me punching him as he knows hurting anything even that prat would bother me later).

lady_katie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2012, 2:36 pm

I was actually just discussing the possibility that I might have AS with a lady in a chat room this morning, and she asked me to describe a trait that would lead me to believe this. I told her that one time I was trying to clean my living room and I was interrupted...so I had a melt down and broke my coffee table and fractured my wrist in the process. She LOL'd and told me that she was really laughing out loud. I soooo didn't get it, what's so funny about that? I had no idea how to respond because I'm so new to all of this, so I just said "well, I'm out of a table now"....but I felt like reaching through her computer screen and ringing her neck.Seriously, why would ANYONE think that something like that is funny?

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2012, 5:29 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I thought NTs would know better than to laugh at someone who is angry.

NTs have empathy = BS

Couldn't have said this better myself.

Michellen2008
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Jul 2012, 5:36 pm

Jupiter1234 wrote:
No ...but I've seen people laugh at other aspies and try to provoke them so they can make them angry

I definitely agree with this - some people just think its funny to get a reaction out of us and find it funny, but in reality it's cruel. Dont listen to that person if they upset you they ain't happy themselves, excuse my language but I been around and had his happen to me too and I have two children, and probably more experience than you (not trying to offend), but excuse my language "f**k them" they ain't worth your time and hang around more positive people that understand and accept you, care and that don't want to push your buttons that's what people have told me, it ain't worth your time. I'm 24, have aspergers, bipolar ADHD and anxiety and people use to get a reaction out of me a few years ago but not anymore I've learned to laugh at them and it really pees them off in return by standing up for myself and them knowing their words didn't hurt me anymore. (:

tcorrielus
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2012, 12:35 am

During my elementary and middle school years, I would publicly get angry whenever people teased me or whenever I made a mistake. In response to my anger, a bunch of would laugh at me. The laughter caused me to become much angrier and cry.

DJFester
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2012, 4:36 am

They used to do that when I was a kid, but not so much anymore. The only one who does that to me now is my mom. And she wonders why I get upset with her. :roll:

GreenShadow
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Jul 2012, 5:33 am

In my school years people run away when I got angry

Now, when I'm much, much older, it's not so bad, but still no one dares to laugh

KnarlyDUDE09
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2012, 6:30 am

Yes this happens to me very often. Although I'm not sure it's a spectrum thing, but maybe emotions not being taken seriously is.

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNjuB4 ... WnSA552Xjg

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2012, 6:36 am

I've been laughed at in the street because of being angry. I remember when I got on the bus one Saturday morning, all the seats were already filled up and it wasn't even out of the second town on the route yet, so I had to stand up, which I wasn't very happy about, and I showed that I wasn't happy by glaring at everyone who was sitting down and standing all stiffly, giving off an obvious expression that I was feeling angry about having to stand up. Then when I got off, I saw some of the people staring out of the windows at me and smirking, as though they thought me being angry about having to stand up was hilarious.

Also I remember another similar situation to this, when I got on the bus with my mum. It was hot, and there were loads of people on the bus again, and we both looked a bit annoyed as we stood up, then when we got off I heard a snigger from somebody, and I looked up to see a man with a grimace and was staring at me then at my mum. I felt like yelling, ''it's not that funny!''

Purplegalaxy117
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Jun 2021, 4:18 pm

My mom said this and she’s probably right. They laugh because they’re nervous, but still. They should just be quiet and try to be empathetic. Humans. They’re strange. :roll: :roll: :roll: