Do people laugh at you when you get angry?

Page 1 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2012, 3:33 pm

It happened once. That dude never laughed at me again.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2012, 8:55 am

My brother does. He likes to make me angry because he says that I'm amusing when I'm angry. Only I usually don't find it amusing.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

lostmyself
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Jun 2012, 9:07 am

Yeah, because I never get angry people dont take me seriously when I actually get angry. But once they realize I am not kidding they take me seriously.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2012, 5:46 pm

iceveela wrote:
Actually, I am not allowed to become angry. Anger, or at least the expression of it, is forbidden in my household. The last time I showed anger I was almost banished from my house forever.

So I guess that means no, no one laughs when I become angry.

That is a form of abuse.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2012, 5:48 pm

tchek wrote:
Yes

especially when I was a teenager. It evolved into extreme OCD (self mutilation, biting my hand)

This is extremely disrespectful, now I make a point of showing (calmly) that things could turn ugly if I'm making fun of at those moments (if my anger is justified of course).
Now, something important is to deal with our natural frustration intolerance.

:!:

How is self-mutilation a form of OCD?

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2012, 6:24 pm

Happened once when I was having a meltdown, I punched him in the face he never laughed again.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2012, 9:12 pm

Probably because you're so dramatic and expressive when you're angry. I know that's more than likely why for me- people don't take my anger seriously. They always think I'm joking around when I'm completely serious. Maybe the wrong tone of voice, facial expressions, posture. I'm not 100% positive why.

conan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2012, 9:38 pm

iceveela wrote:
Actually, I am not allowed to become angry. Anger, or at least the expression of it, is forbidden in my household. The last time I showed anger I was almost banished from my house forever.

that seems a very naive policy! passive aggression is not really something most people have control over

iceveela
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Jun 2012, 11:47 pm

conan wrote:
iceveela wrote:

that seems a very naive policy! passive aggression is not really something most people have control over

I know, but I let my anger out via the medium of writing, and talking to myself. The same way I get all of my thoughts out of my head so I don't explode or have a meltdown via thought over-load. But yelling, punching, having a tantrum, calling people names, calling people out, etc, to show any anger at all, even putting my writings online is considered a terrible offense. :roll:

Of course, these are the people who accuse me of manipulating a situation to my benefit and saying/doing things that (apparently) make people upset that I either don't know I do (act like I own the place?), or is hard for me to control (correcting people if they are wrong), or basically impossible for me (showing more emotion and knowing when someone needs something without them telling me they need something, or how my words/actions affect others without them telling me that it does.) But they think I do all these things on purpose.

But hey, that's apparently life. -_-

AQ: 36

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2012, 11:56 pm

My parents never have but my sister would mock me and I've been taunted before by other relatives when I was a teenager and had a melt down around them.

conan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2012, 4:22 am

yeh i think i've had this before but not in a long time. i guess atleast that you can say they are not scared of you which in my mind is good if they are people you care about. i think i'd scare most people if i got angry. i'm rarely in any heated confrontation, actually, i think it's been years. maybe i'm too intimidating??

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2012, 5:36 am

I thought NTs would know better than to laugh at someone who is angry.

NTs have empathy = BS

iceveela
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Jun 2012, 9:25 am

Joe90 wrote:
I thought NTs would know better than to laugh at someone who is angry.

NTs have empathy = BS

I believe NT's have the actual disorder. I mean, what other people would purposefully wear high heels if they are not trying to engage in coitus with a attractive member of the opposite/same sex? What other people would make fun of, and get upset if someone else is wearing an 'out of style' outfit, or wears unfashionable clothing? The more I live in a world covered in NT's the more weird, and unexplainable, repetitive, seemingly useless, rituals that are apparently a symptom of aspergers and considered abnormal, I see in them.

I find it funny that an NT can have a mountain of shoes and be considered normal, yet my interest of raccoons and collection of raccoon stuffed animals, figurines, and books, etc, is considered abnormal.

AQ: 36

Question
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Jun 2012, 12:06 pm

No, they just run away before I even get really angry..

b9
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2012, 12:22 pm

Quote:
Do people laugh at you when you get angry?

yes they do. i become irate at things that people in my company find amusing when they realize i am genuinely annoyed due to circumstances they find innocuous.

i become irritated by small things (that some people laugh at once they perceive what i am disgruntled about).

children like to see me in a grumpy mood because i seem to say things that make them laugh. who knows ?
it is all quite mysterious really.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2012, 1:18 pm

OK, well, if NTs do it then it must be socially acceptable. The next time somebody gets angry, I will laugh at them, instead of doing what I normally do (which is considering how they're feeling).