Page 2 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

roccoslife
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jun 2012, 11:58 am

smudge wrote:
DanRaccoon wrote:
0, I'm as cold as a damn stone.

Doo doo doo, do do do, doo doo doo, do do do...I can't get that out of my head everytime I see you post! If you have no idea what I'm talking about...I mean that exercise video edit you did.

As for me on the scale, I have no idea. I think sometimes I come across as too much, and yet at other times...nope, can't figure it out. Would someone rate me?

a bit confusing, but pretty nice all in all :)

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 107 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

Aspie_SE10
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Jun 2012, 12:11 pm

Probably a 4, normally; I can scratch up to a 6 if I put effort into it.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2012, 12:54 pm

====

Last edited by smudge on 08 Jun 2012, 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Almajo88
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jun 2012, 1:15 pm

While there are qualities which are generally considered attractive I think personality is subjective enough that trying to give it a quantitative value is silly.

I'm quite a quiet person and people often think I'm cold but once I get to know somebody I'm very loving and caring. I suspect I'm a little bit weird from lack of experience but people don't notice I have Asperger's. I think most women would prefer a guy who's more outgoing but there are plenty who seem to like my qualities.

1401b
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2012, 1:22 pm

I'm sure I'm not 'that' cute, but I've been hit on by nearly every woman I've spent any time around. Whether they were married or not. And even most of the men.

Granted I don't get out enough. (so 'nearly every' might not be the hordes of ppl compared to average NT's number of acquaintances.)

But still it's pretty weird.

I turn down 99% of them (gently, I hope) probably because if it turned out good I'd just ruin it eventually. Not out of any superior character traits. Loss is worse than absence.

So perhaps it is an emotional attractiveness.

There's a newly wed sitting beside me right now as i type in pressing, full body-contact - from ankle to her breast (she moved her arm out of the way) up against me, in a room not nearly too full of ppl.

Talk about socially uncomfortable!
It's not even flattering.

Last edited by 1401b on 03 Jun 2012, 1:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Aviator
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Jun 2012, 1:33 pm

I think around 4 to 6.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2012, 1:41 pm

Don't you just hate it when people start posts but never follow up with it? Arrgghh!

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2012, 1:50 pm

Thats a pretty tough one. I would guess a 5. It really depends on the person and the connection. I'm very good one on one with having deep conversations, I'm a good listener and I can be very supportive if I want to. But I'm not going to readily take a persons sympathy or empatheize if I feel I cant. I dont get pulled in easily by someones whining and complaining.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2012, 2:12 pm

Kurgan wrote:
Depends on the culture, on whether the girl wants a relationship or just wants casual sex etc.

Yep, culture is huge.

For the girls looking for a provider, strong unemotional type who just sorta gets stuff done, and isn't in touch with his feelings or whatever, I'd be reasonably attractive. But, if she's looking for someone she can get emotional support from, probably not so much. So culturally, I'd probably be attractive by like...1950s movie standards. I'm pretty alexithymic, too, so that probably brings my emotional attractiveness down to like 2/10 or something.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2012, 2:54 am

redrobin62 wrote:
Don't you just hate it when people start posts but never follow up with it? Arrgghh!

Hehehe :P

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2012, 3:31 am

I personally would rate myself a 4. I'm pretty cold when I meet new people and tend not to have any attachment to them until one day, CAPPOW!! Obsession. I also see to have an unusual view of how a relationship should be emotionally.

Maybe how you innately are emotionally is probably more of a personality trait than anything. Emotional attractiveness isn't only influenced by personality but also by experiences (past relationship baggage, self worth, things that shaped your general feelings towards the opposite sex). Things like maturity and emotional stability come into play as well.

I see so many posts around here fixating on the notion that looks is the sole thing people pay attention to when looking for a date. In my own case it's simply not true, I pay attention to how they are personality wise, mentally and emotionally over everything.

DanRaccoon
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2012, 6:03 am

Kurgan wrote:
Depends on the culture, on whether the girl wants a relationship or just wants casual sex etc.

There's a third thing women want :p

Smudge wrote:
Doo doo doo, do do do, doo doo doo, do do do...I can't get that out of my head everytime I see you post! If you have no idea what I'm talking about...I mean that exercise video edit you did.

As for me on the scale, I have no idea. I think sometimes I come across as too much, and yet at other times...nope, can't figure it out. Would someone rate me?

That was when I had a shred of a personality left.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DanRaccoon

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2012, 9:32 am

====

Last edited by smudge on 08 Jun 2012, 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

mv
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2012, 9:52 am

Probably not very. I have a hard time doing the reciprocal emotional thing (I have so much trouble navigating my own emotions that I spend too much time on that and forget about the other person) and I hide a lot of my anxiety through humor.

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2012, 9:56 am

mv wrote:
I hide a lot of my anxiety through humor.

That's a good thing though. I think. Not the anxiety but handling it.

mv
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2012, 9:58 am

edgewaters wrote:
mv wrote:
I hide a lot of my anxiety through humor.

That's a good thing though. I think. Not the anxiety but handling it.

Thank you, that's really wonderful to hear! Sometimes I can be a little inappropriate with my humor, but it's a coping thing. Humor is really important to me.