Noticing and thinking about small things

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

CuriousKitten
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Jun 2012, 12:31 am

I tend to notice small details that NTs don't notice.

Once at an office birthday party, someone was trying to get the birthday boy to reveal his age. When I got tired of hearing it, I correctly calculated his age. The other parties were amazed. When I pointed out that he had verified that someone else had turned 50 just earlier that year, before announcing that he was the eldest, so he must be 51, my coworker commented "she does that".

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2012, 3:33 pm

I sometimes intentionally look for small things on things, just for fun really, but I don't notice things when I'm not thinking about it. About 6 months ago I brought a new DVD player, and just last week my cousin (who is NT) got the remote control to control the DVD player and suddenly noticed a button with a picture of a heart on it, and laughed because it was an unusual symbol to be seen on a remote control to a DVD player, but I hadn't noticed the heart on a button for all the 6 months I had the DVD player, considering I used it so many times.

Also I was in Tesco with my friends the other day, and we brought some sandwiches, then one of my friends started laughing, so I asked what was the matter and she pointed to a typo on the box the sandwich was in and said, ''look how they mis-spelt 'mayonnaise', they put 'mayonnasie','' and I never noticed until she pointed it out.

So I seem to miss small things, if anything.