Repetition of thoughts that won't go away?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Ryginar
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Jun 2012, 9:12 am

Back in January, I got into a big fight with somebody, and he brought up my family members arguing with me, and he said some extremely personal and offensive things. Ever since then, it's pretty much been on my mind everyday, and it really bothers me. Are these repetitive thoughts normal, and what can I do about them?

Scatmaster
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Jun 2012, 9:52 am

Ooh, I dunno if I can help you there, because I tend to be in the same boat. When I get in a stressful situation, or situations, my mind goes in circles looking for an answer. But there never is a clear-cut answer. Most of the time, these situations involve other people who I cannot understand their thoughts or actions. It is usually where my version of justice is broken, or my vision is clouded because I cannot understand the logic of someone's actions.

I'm sure everyone has been in a less-than-perfect situation. I guess NTs realize that those kinds of situations require just the best solution you can do, instead of looking for a perfect answer. But I need to always do the right thing, and can't make a mistake, so blame my black-and-white thinking.

Also, I look for the truth and justice where there is none. I think the world should work the way my ideology predicts, when most of the time, it does not. Instead of looking for an answer I am happy with, I look for the "right" answer. I don't tend to put my personality in decisions and do something that makes me happy, like I presume NTs do.