Post something that made you LAUGH today!

Page 37 of 47 [ 739 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 47  Next

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 2:05 am

Just a self-inflicted stab wound to a hand because I'm not all that smart. Quite an unlucky one, as it hit that million dollar nerve in the thenar eminence, so ape hand, and I couldn't be bothered getting that one repaired because functionally alone (that'd be three trips into the city; I'll take the ape hand). Most of my hand wasn't working all that well for several months. The friendly neighbor drove me to the hospital for that one, but I bled over her front porch as blood vessels got hit too (made me feel bad there, but I limited the amount. Just a few large drops by painting a white shirt red). Can't really use my thumb and the thenar eminence isn't all that useful. Drop things more than usual. Nerve pain is the biggest issue, but I got used to it and medication helps when I remember to take it. Any touch hurts.

Non-dominant hand.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 2:07 am

^^^GOSH! you DESERVE to GET THAT FIXED! that is serious.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 2:59 am

+ 1. ^^^

where ever you go ,there you are

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 3:00 am

Sleep typing …….. :roll:

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 3:13 am

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 3:20 am

It'll be too late now for it to be fixed now. It was harder for me to go through with all of that compared to the loss of function of a hand, which is that hard choice disability puts on you, especially when there's no one else. I couldn't ask the neighbor to do that one for me, as it feels wrong. I took the stitches out by myself there. I would have stitched it myself, but blood vessel damage.

<--- hand after 2 1/2 weeks.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 3:24 am

That does not look particularly good, but it seems to be healing . Very sorry that happened to you .
Glad you at least got it initially addressed. :)

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 3:57 am

Thanks. It was three years ago, and it healed fine externally [and somewhat internally] without issues. I washed it out quickly with water then heavily diluted Betadine (which basically stops any infection from taking hold from my experience, so a good tip there), and was going to fix it (learned skills), but I saw blood vessels were struck as the bleeding didn't look like it'd stop. My hand looks a little different now, with muscle wasting/atrophy in that area. I have a strap for the hand to improve functioning, but I don't use it much. I should.

It makes me laugh that one of my more severe physical wounds was self-inflicted via stupidity.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 5:13 am

i still wish you'd at least see a physical therapist about it.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 6:10 am

Thanks, dude. The nerve pain medication helps as the nerve pain is the biggest issue in the end as the other four fingers work and 1/2 of my palm works; my doctor has been cool with telephone appointments for several years now, and the chemist is close to me, so I'm alright. Without the medication, it's fairly painful for normal things if those areas touch anything, but I get by. I just have to be careful when holding, grasping and lifting things since the thumb is effectively of no use there. They'd probably try to improve grip strength, but I haven't run into much issues there yet.

I kinda neglect myself, or put up with things more than most probably would. I've always been like this though, and it's come in handy in the past. Or maybe I'm just stubbornly independent, and if I can't do something myself, I likely won't do it unless it's an absolute emergency (such as hitting the artery in this case).

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 7:15 am

it pains me to know a brother aspie is suffering and that he was not able to get it properly taken care of in the beginning. if i had done that with my elbow chances are i'd have lost my dominant [left] arm after a bad road accident in 2012.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 8:05 am

I guess that's how it goes for those like us. Sorry for your accident there. Sometimes struggle can make us. Good things can come with the bad things, and this is one thing I've learnt.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 11:32 am

That maybe true but your hand is a situation that you should not have to deal with .. It could have be better repaired ,
Am also aware of many Aspies tendency to not want to interact with many strangers even medical personnel .
It nearly cost me my life as recently as Christmas, Had to go in with complete pneumonia, due to a MRSA infection
Complicated by Covid . Was a very close call I was informed by Doctors there, had symptoms a week before,and they where kinda serious , but I did not wish to interact medically with folks and felt my time was better spent elsewhere.
Ended up in a ambulance barely able to take in any air.
Have discovered in myself and apparently other Aspies a very high tolerance for discomfort and pain.
Am a disabled person physically but was not always. Sometimes relying on your own judgements based on assumptions about information you have received over the years. Can be mistaken, as rare as that is. But can result in bad consequences . Please can for yourself, regardless of your tolerance for discomfort, your health is the most important thing you own .

GadgetGuru
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 11:33 am

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2022, 1:08 pm

Loooolzzz… SuperDog !

txfz1