For guys who are having zero replies on okcupid....

Page 27 of 29 [ 460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2012, 3:39 pm

yellowtamarin wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
yellowtamarin wrote:
Wolfheart wrote:
I was reading this which I found rather interesting and relevant to the thread.

Quote:
Desmond Morris identifies 12 steps which Western couples pass
through on the way to sexual intimacy. Occasionally a step may be
missed out, but they almost always occur in this order:
- eye to body
- eye to eye
- voice to voice
- hand to hand
- arm to shoulder
- arm to waist
- mouth to mouth
- hand to head
- hand to body
- mouth to breast
- hand to genitals
- genitals to genitals.

But remember in the first half of those, the major body parts are not usually NAKED. Unless you are at the beach.

but how a girl determines whether this guy x is attractive or not? The first thing she would do is imagining him naked and see if he's shaggable enough for her.

Really? I thought most girls preferred to think of guys with their clothes ON. This is in contrast to guys thinking about girls because we all know one is a lot more aesthetically pleasing than the other.

lol wut? This is a total BS.

According to who? are you a closet lesbian?

Quote:
How do I determine if guy x is attractive or not? For the most part, I look at his face. His general physique is taken into account but this is all clothes-on observation and I would rarely do any imagining.

It's because you don't really to see him naked to determine whether he would be visually repulsive to you or not (same for men), but a shirtless pic does give a better idea (like the exposed clothes/bikini for women).

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2012, 3:53 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

How often is the female body portrayed in art, compared to the male? Why might that be?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2012, 3:56 pm

yellowtamarin wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

How often is the female body portrayed in art, compared to the male? Why might that be?

because most european medieval artists were.....men??

Also, the Ancient Greek art focused more on the athletic male body, and so other ancient civs.

A heterosexual man would usually find women more aesthetically pleasing than men.

A heterosexual woman would usually find men more aesthetically pleasing than women.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2012, 4:09 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
yellowtamarin wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Also, the Ancient Greek art focused more on the athletic male body, and so other ancient civs.

A heterosexual man would usually find women more aesthetically pleasing than men.

A heterosexual woman would usually find men more aesthetically pleasing than women.

I'm talking about right now, not medieval times. But it is true more artists who paint/photograph/etc the human form are probably male. That did occur to me. I would guess though that female artists would also more often portray the female figure in their work.

I'm not sure about your claim at the end. I've considered myself heterosexual for most of my life, and have always considered the female form more aesthetically pleasing.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2012, 4:12 pm

We are getting way off topic though and I thought I had left this thread because my views are not typical. Why am I here?? :P

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2012, 4:21 pm

yellowtamarin wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
yellowtamarin wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I'm talking about right now, not medieval times. But it is true more artists who paint/photograph/etc the human form are probably male. That did occur to me. I would guess though that female artists would also more often portray the female figure in their work.

The modern female artists are influenced by their instructors (whom most of them are males) and the mainstream art/media which focuses more on the female body (while it was the opposite in Ancient Greece for instance, this is due to complicated cultural/social reasons and are not the same across the human civ's timeline).

No gender is universally more aesthetically than the other - it's not that objective.

Quote:
I'm not sure about your claim at the end. I've considered myself heterosexual for most of my life, and have always considered the female form more aesthetically pleasing

This is the not typical heterosexual, no it is not.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2012, 4:34 pm

yellowtamarin wrote:
We are getting way off topic though and I thought I had left this thread because my views are not typical. Why am I here?? :P

because you find me aesthetically pleasing.
;p

Zinia
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Jun 2012, 4:48 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

The modern female artists are influenced by their instructors (whom most of them are males) and the mainstream art/media which focuses more on the female body (while it was the opposite in Ancient Greece for instance, this is due to complicated cultural/social reasons and are not the same across the human civ's timeline).

No gender is universally more aesthetically than the other - it's not that objective.

Quote:
I'm not sure about your claim at the end. I've considered myself heterosexual for most of my life, and have always considered the female form more aesthetically pleasing

I agree that beauty is subjective. Personally, I've drawn female bodies, and also male bodies--and I think that the female body is a bit easier to draw (maybe, because I'm more familiar--being female), but also, men tend to have more defined muscles and more angular bodies, and women have more rounded bodies (typically).

But I knew a girl who felt that women were more aesthetically pleasing than men, and she also had a fetish with shoes. She really disliked human feet--thought they were ugly, but she loved seeing them with shoes on. But that's neither here nor there.

But I think that it is normal for a heterosexual woman to find the female body more aesthetically pleasing. It is more commonly seen in the media, associated with beauty and sex. It is commonly seen as less threatening, and there have been lots of works of art featuring the female body. I don't think that says anything about a woman's sexual orientation. A lot of the master artists, especially during the Renaissance, favored male bodies. Michelangelo, who created the beautiful statue of David, was possibly homosexual, but that doesn't mean that any man who finds male bodies aesthetically pleasing is homosexual.

I don't decide whether or not I'm attracted to someone by imagining them with their clothes off--I've done that out of curiosity, and usually it's a ridiculous image that does nothing for attraction.

I usually notice when I'm attracted to someone by the way they make me feel--interested. And I think it actually has a lot more to do with body language and facial expressions (especially eye contact) then their physical body (especially naked, that's too much information at first). It is a lot more attractive and comfortable to imagine talking to someone I don't know, then being naked with someone I don't know.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2012, 3:46 am

Zinia wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Quote:

I agree that beauty is subjective. Personally, I've drawn female bodies, and also male bodies--and I think that the female body is a bit easier to draw (maybe, because I'm more familiar--being female), but also, men tend to have more defined muscles and more angular bodies, and women have more rounded bodies (typically).

But I knew a girl who felt that women were more aesthetically pleasing than men, and she also had a fetish with shoes. She really disliked human feet--thought they were ugly, but she loved seeing them with shoes on. But that's neither here nor there.

But I think that it is normal for a heterosexual woman to find the female body more aesthetically pleasing. It is more commonly seen in the media, associated with beauty and sex. It is commonly seen as less threatening, and there have been lots of works of art featuring the female body. I don't think that says anything about a woman's sexual orientation. A lot of the master artists, especially during the Renaissance, favored male bodies. Michelangelo, who created the beautiful statue of David, was possibly homosexual, but that doesn't mean that any man who finds male bodies aesthetically pleasing is homosexual.

I don't decide whether or not I'm attracted to someone by imagining them with their clothes off--I've done that out of curiosity, and usually it's a ridiculous image that does nothing for attraction.

I usually notice when I'm attracted to someone by the way they make me feel--interested. And I think it actually has a lot more to do with body language and facial expressions (especially eye contact) then their physical body (especially naked, that's too much information at first). It is a lot more attractive and comfortable to imagine talking to someone I don't know, then being naked with someone I don't know.

I didn't deny she's hetero but i just said it isn't really a typical hetero thing.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2012, 7:02 am

Funny...

Some of the girls there and other dating site criticized my pic and called it shallow and superficial and then they ask me abt my name, work, location....etc

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2012, 7:38 am

Can females not admire the bodies of their fellow gender without their sexuality being called into question? Lots of straight girls do it oddly enough, it's not necessarily sexual in nature (it's usually out of desire to possess the other females physical attributes, admiring them as an ideal). I do it.

I've also known lesbians who liked admiring male beefcake.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2012, 8:53 am

blue_bean wrote:
Can females not admire the bodies of their fellow gender without their sexuality being called into question? Lots of straight girls do it oddly enough, it's not necessarily sexual in nature (it's usually out of desire to possess the other females physical attributes, admiring them as an ideal). I do it.

Not when a female claims that the female body is a lot more aesthetically pleasing than the male body (making it sounds as a universal fact), that's why i questioned her sexuality.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2012, 9:22 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
blue_bean wrote:

Not when a female claims that the female body is a lot more aesthetically pleasing than the male body (making it sounds as a universal fact), that's why i questioned her sexuality.

It's probably just down to preference I guess, much in the same way some people prefer blue over red. Everyone has their own sense of visual appeal. Though I do think the female body tends to be a bit more "polished" (ie. shaved, evenly tanned, softer skin, makeup) which might come into play in people's preferences towards admiring females.
I find the female body easier to look at in some respects. I'm more inclined to gaze at the pics of women and skip over the pics of men. For a while now and including now, I've found pictures of unclothed/semi-clothed guys a little perturbing (must be some sort of past trauma related thing, I dunno).

DogsWithoutHorses
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2012, 10:09 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
blue_bean wrote:

It can't be that we're more used to seeing objectified and sexualized female bodies can it :roll:

If your success is defined as being well adjusted to injustice and well adapted to indifference, then we don?t want successful leaders. We want great leaders- who are unbought, unbound, unafraid, and unintimidated to tell the truth.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2012, 10:31 am

DogsWithoutHorses wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
blue_bean wrote:

It can't be that we're more used to seeing objectified and sexualized female bodies can it :roll:

I don't think it has that much effect on heterosexual women's preferences, besides aren't you bisexual? (because you said you do sleep with women in the other thread and you do date a guy in another - so that makes you bi).

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 01 Jul 2012, 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2012, 10:35 am

DogsWithoutHorses wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
blue_bean wrote:

you skipped the last 2 pages didnt you :roll:
then again, id much rather be objectified and sexualized than being displayed as some easily manipulated idiot who cant do anything without the help of his wife (which is how social media depicts men to try and make women seem stronger)