For guys who are having zero replies on okcupid....

Page 28 of 29 [ 460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2012, 9:22 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
blue_bean wrote:
Can females not admire the bodies of their fellow gender without their sexuality being called into question? Lots of straight girls do it oddly enough, it's not necessarily sexual in nature (it's usually out of desire to possess the other females physical attributes, admiring them as an ideal). I do it.

I've also known lesbians who liked admiring male beefcake.

Not when a female claims that the female body is a lot more aesthetically pleasing than the male body (making it sounds as a universal fact), that's why i questioned her sexuality.

It's probably just down to preference I guess, much in the same way some people prefer blue over red. Everyone has their own sense of visual appeal. Though I do think the female body tends to be a bit more "polished" (ie. shaved, evenly tanned, softer skin, makeup) which might come into play in people's preferences towards admiring females.
I find the female body easier to look at in some respects. I'm more inclined to gaze at the pics of women and skip over the pics of men. For a while now and including now, I've found pictures of unclothed/semi-clothed guys a little perturbing (must be some sort of past trauma related thing, I dunno).

DogsWithoutHorses
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2012, 10:09 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
blue_bean wrote:
Can females not admire the bodies of their fellow gender without their sexuality being called into question? Lots of straight girls do it oddly enough, it's not necessarily sexual in nature (it's usually out of desire to possess the other females physical attributes, admiring them as an ideal). I do it.

Not when a female claims that the female body is a lot more aesthetically pleasing than the male body (making it sounds as a universal fact), that's why i questioned her sexuality.

It can't be that we're more used to seeing objectified and sexualized female bodies can it :roll:

If your success is defined as being well adjusted to injustice and well adapted to indifference, then we don?t want successful leaders. We want great leaders- who are unbought, unbound, unafraid, and unintimidated to tell the truth.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2012, 10:31 am

DogsWithoutHorses wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
blue_bean wrote:

It can't be that we're more used to seeing objectified and sexualized female bodies can it :roll:

I don't think it has that much effect on heterosexual women's preferences, besides aren't you bisexual? (because you said you do sleep with women in the other thread and you do date a guy in another - so that makes you bi).

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 01 Jul 2012, 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2012, 10:35 am

DogsWithoutHorses wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
blue_bean wrote:

you skipped the last 2 pages didnt you :roll:
then again, id much rather be objectified and sexualized than being displayed as some easily manipulated idiot who cant do anything without the help of his wife (which is how social media depicts men to try and make women seem stronger)

Obres
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2012, 5:53 pm

I knew putting up pictures from good angles/lighting etc. made all the difference on OKC but I always thought putting up a shirtless pic would be tacky. I think I may need to get into summer shape asap and get back on OKC. It's a little disheartening that with all the questions they make you answer and all the s**t they make you write, in the end it comes down to your pecs and abs, but I guess whatever works. And I'm glad to hear it's working for you, this made my day. But just one thing... do we get to see the picture that's getting you all these messages?

bizboy1
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2012, 6:02 pm

Obres wrote:
I knew putting up pictures from good angles/lighting etc. made all the difference on OKC but I always thought putting up a shirtless pic would be tacky. I think I may need to get into summer shape asap and get back on OKC. It's a little disheartening that with all the questions they make you answer and all the sh** they make you write, in the end it comes down to your pecs and abs, but I guess whatever works. And I'm glad to hear it's working for you, this made my day. But just one thing... do we get to see the picture that's getting you all these messages?

Yes, just shows you that behind all the fluff and mumbo jumbo women are sexual beasts and all that other stuff is games.

Yes, would be nice to see this legendary and mythical picture.

bizboy1
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2012, 6:08 pm

Wolfheart wrote:
Interesting how the feminist members try to discredit the method, what's wrong with accepting that a nice body is something that is attractive or eye catching? It's not going to make you shallow.

Reminds me of this picture:

bizboy1
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2012, 6:11 pm

DogsWithoutHorses wrote:
Wolfheart wrote:
Interesting how the feminist members try to discredit the method, what's wrong with accepting that a nice body is something that is attractive or eye catching? It's not going to make you shallow.

That doesn't make you shallow at all.
Elevating a nice body over all other factors, does.
Also, who on this thread has identified as a feminist? I don't because the mainstream feminist movement has deep issues with women of color and trans* women. (there are tons of individual feminists that don't, right now rad fems are just ruining it for me)

Whaat?

bizboy1
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2012, 6:11 pm

yellowtamarin wrote:
I am not a feminist.

I also love a nice body, I just don't respond to people on online dating sites who show off their body which I would otherwise have not seen yet if I met them at a bar.

Seems as if you are limiting your pool of applicants.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2012, 6:24 pm

bizboy1 wrote:
DogsWithoutHorses wrote:
Wolfheart wrote:

That doesn't make you shallow at all.
Elevating a nice body over all other factors, does.
Also, who on this thread has identified as a feminist? I don't because the mainstream feminist movement has deep issues with women of color and trans* women. (there are tons of individual feminists that don't, right now rad fems are just ruining it for me)

Whaat?

The mainstream feminist movement is junk. And most feminist movements are to be honest. Example, the current feminist movement does not want to clasify cheerleading as a sport because it would "degrade the views of women". But by it not being a sport cheerleaders are not mandated to have safety gear and many have serious injuries. Simply stopping to bother over an agenda and doing something to actually help women is too much to ask to someone blowing hot air.

But enough about that. I have noticed that many in this forum make it out to be as if men are terrible creatures yet women are perfect and dont do any of these things (this is said by members of both genders). When the reality is the only thing we do different is men pee standing up (unless drunk) and what society has placed us in the dating game (which is upheld by the female section of society, I dont blame them as having an edge andpeople coming for you sounds fun). Thats it. In our abilities, our actions, our thoughts, our ups and our downs we are equal.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2012, 9:31 pm

bizboy1 wrote:
yellowtamarin wrote:
I am not a feminist.

I also love a nice body, I just don't respond to people on online dating sites who show off their body which I would otherwise have not seen yet if I met them at a bar.

I sure am! Of course! I do judge them by it, and don't bother spending the time getting to know them JUST IN CASE they are the rare type of shirtless top guy who isn't egotistical, or otherwise not my type. Chances are very slim that he would be a guy experimenting with a shirtless to see what happens. So many times in the past I have decided to "give this guy a go" even though I think I know what type of guy he will turn out to be, but I think that I could be wrong (not just guys with shirtless pics, all sorts of "types"). I've never been wrong yet. So most of the time, I filter. Yep.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2012, 9:48 pm

yellowtamarin wrote:
bizboy1 wrote:
yellowtamarin wrote:
I am not a feminist.

I sure am! Of course! I do judge them by it, and don't bother spending the time getting to know them JUST IN CASE they are the rare type of shirtless top guy who isn't egotistical, or otherwise not my type. Chances are very slim that he would be a guy experimenting with a shirtless to see what happens. So many times in the past I have decided to "give this guy a go" even though I think I know what type of guy he will turn out to be, but I think that I could be wrong (not just guys with shirtless pics, all sorts of "types"). I've never been wrong yet. So most of the time, I filter. Yep.

just like i filter out girls making duck faces or myspace angles/poses and that sort of thing.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2012, 10:36 pm

MXH wrote:
just like i filter out girls making duck faces or myspace angles/poses and that sort of thing.

GRRRAAHH!! ! Duckface rage!! :twisted:

stupiddumbrottenduckfacezargbargfargadingdonggrumblemutter

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2012, 10:39 pm

BlueMax wrote:
MXH wrote:

yea, except guys that show off their bodies usually do it because they have something worth showing off. Duckfaces and angles and poses are usually those who dont have trying to look better

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2012, 11:02 pm

MXH wrote:
BlueMax wrote:
MXH wrote:

yea, except guys that show off their bodies usually do it because they have something worth showing off. Duckfaces and angles and poses are usually those who dont have trying to look better

Hehehe. I would filter out females with pics deliberately showing off their cleavage as well, or their abs, though it is rare to see that. What would be the equivalent to a topless pic, for a female? Whatever it is, I'm sure I'd filter it as well.

But then I'm happy being as picky as I am.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2012, 11:07 pm

yellowtamarin wrote:
MXH wrote:
BlueMax wrote:
MXH wrote:

Hehehe. I would filter out females with pics deliberately showing off their cleavage as well, or their abs, though it is rare to see that. What would be the equivalent to a topless pic, for a female? Whatever it is, I'm sure I'd filter it as well.

But then I'm happy being as picky as I am.

deoends on what means equivalent. Many, and by many id say a majority, of females i have seen on dating sites have atleast 1 pictures where their boobs are the focus point of the picture. But you cant compare that to a guys shirtless pic as the guy is showing everything off, not just distracting with focus. Im guessing bikini/underwear shot is the female version of shirtless guy.

i generally avoid duckfaces, weird angles/poses, etc. They portray a personality which disgusts me, so its not even worth opening their profiles.