Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Corvus
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2006, 3:14 pm

Is very important in life. Humour tells the truth. It can even use "lies" to tell the truth.

I watched a Dave Chapelle where they interviewed audience members and one ignorant lady stated how humour wasn't the best way to convey messages about race.

I think she is horribly wrong! If you cannot laugh at yourself and your differences then you'll be eaten alive by them.

I've been through a few things, I can't socialize, I'm 1034% bald (Blessed with Alopecia), pale skin, you know, I was basically designed to be the pinnacle loner of Planet Earth.. :? 8)

So anyways, I love humour. I love making fun of my "issues" I've had and have found that when others try to attack me, they are years behind me (in other words, I've already conjured up any jokes people can throw at me)

I know a lot of people here often present themselves as depressed. So, I'm going to try and conjure up some humour threads in the near future that exploit us, tell a truth, but cover any pain we may experience from those truths with good old laughter.

I've found my most favourite people, especially in terms of humour, have been on the aspie side of life. If anyone here is big into humour (my mind knows no limits so I'll tone it down a bit because some of it is disgusting :) ) let me know, perhaps we could help each other out and exploit life for all its worth.

My goal is get some people to see that life isn't about fitting in, it isnt about how many notches are on your bed post, or how you forget to eat (I've been hungry for 2 hours but I was cleaning - now I just have no excuse). Ok, maybe it is how you forgot about to eat, thats not the point. I just know that when people are laughing they aren't feeling upset.

As well, for those who may be bullied, humour is a great way to divert it. No one wants to hit someone they just laughed at (because you made them, not because they are stupid dicks).

I dont consider myself an expert, but I've read tips on creating humour. Anyways, this post is basically worthless, I'm just bored and in a little bit of a good mood. I've just seen one too many threads about depression. I've been through it. I think I went mentally downhill in grade 9 (14 years old?) and only recently dug myself out of it (23 years of age, took the loss of hair to gain my mind back)

Anyways, if you're not aloud to watch Dave Chappelle, dont click on this link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnmIBLWO ... ed&search=

If you want to laugh at life, there is a great bit 8)

squier
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2006, 3:36 pm

Corvus wrote:
Is very important in life. Humour tells the truth. It can even use "lies" to tell the truth.

I watched a Dave Chapelle where they interviewed audience members and one ignorant lady stated how humour wasn't the best way to convey messages about race.

I think she is horribly wrong! If you cannot laugh at yourself and your differences then you'll be eaten alive by them.

I've been through a few things, I can't socialize, I'm 1034% bald (Blessed with Alopecia), pale skin, you know, I was basically designed to be the pinnacle loner of Planet Earth.. :? 8)

So anyways, I love humour. I love making fun of my "issues" I've had and have found that when others try to attack me, they are years behind me (in other words, I've already conjured up any jokes people can throw at me)

I know a lot of people here often present themselves as depressed. So, I'm going to try and conjure up some humour threads in the near future that exploit us, tell a truth, but cover any pain we may experience from those truths with good old laughter.

I've found my most favourite people, especially in terms of humour, have been on the aspie side of life. If anyone here is big into humour (my mind knows no limits so I'll tone it down a bit because some of it is disgusting :) ) let me know, perhaps we could help each other out and exploit life for all its worth.

My goal is get some people to see that life isn't about fitting in, it isnt about how many notches are on your bed post, or how you forget to eat (I've been hungry for 2 hours but I was cleaning - now I just have no excuse). Ok, maybe it is how you forgot about to eat, thats not the point. I just know that when people are laughing they aren't feeling upset.

As well, for those who may be bullied, humour is a great way to divert it. No one wants to hit someone they just laughed at (because you made them, not because they are stupid dicks).

I dont consider myself an expert, but I've read tips on creating humour. Anyways, this post is basically worthless, I'm just bored and in a little bit of a good mood. I've just seen one too many threads about depression. I've been through it. I think I went mentally downhill in grade 9 (14 years old?) and only recently dug myself out of it (23 years of age, took the loss of hair to gain my mind back)

Anyways, if you're not aloud to watch Dave Chappelle, dont click on this link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnmIBLWO ... ed&search=

If you want to laugh at life, there is a great bit 8)

you make a very good point here, corvus.

my book:
http://www.lulu.com/content/710903

Enigmatic
Toucan
Toucan

19 Nov 2006, 4:41 pm

I did that all through my twenties: basically saying things about myself before others could, or just making fun of myself in general (e.g. jokes about how many times I'd accidently sat on my glasses), and I'd get lots of laughs from people.

But then I began to notice that no matter how often I succeeded at making people laugh (this was during my college years), nothing seemed to ever change between me and them; as soon as their laughter ended, everything would go right back to the way they had been, as though it had never happened.

It would have nil effect on my level of popularity (which was extremely low for a start); girls certainly didn't like me any better, even though humor is supposed to be such a great aphrodisiac.

Then I began to seriously wonder whether they were laughing with me, or just at me (huge difference); I began to sense so strongly that it was really the latter that I finally abandoned the whole self-deprecation routine, and just started keeping quiet again.

In short: it didn't seem to really work for me. (Sorry for the downer.)

Corvus
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2006, 5:01 pm

"Sorry for the downer"

Ya no kidding.. 8O :wink:

Maybe I should be more specific, I don't sit there calling myself "socially ret*d" for 20 minutes as they laugh at me, what I do is make fun of myself but make fun of them at the same time. Generally, whether you're "aspie" or "nt," we do make similar mistakes. For me, I notice these "mistakes" and exploit them: "Did you ever notice this" type stuff.

Now, I do make fun of MYSELF where its only me as the punch line but thats just proof that you can take it. If they laugh, fine, I am different from them in "such and such" way but I could shoot something back at them that makes them different. Everyone is different, they just mask behind others.

blackcat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2006, 5:51 pm

aaah, ur so funny!! ill totally exploit thw wordl with u!! ! as for sick senses of humor(dirty mind)im the sickest of the sick!

Corvus
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2006, 9:04 pm

blackcat wrote:
aaah, ur so funny!! ill totally exploit thw wordl with u!! ! as for sick senses of humor(dirty mind)im the sickest of the sick!

haah thats what I like to hear