Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Anarbaculardrop
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2012, 11:56 pm

(Yes, this is a fight between two androids)

Here is the Categories:
1) Who would win in a fist fight on the moon?
2)Who is cooler?

Alright, I haven't seen Alien, but I have a feeling Data will rip him apart. And that he's a bit more popular.

Last edited by Anarbaculardrop on 09 Jun 2012, 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2012, 12:01 am

Uhhh...don't you mean Ash? The android in the original 1979 is named Ash and the one in the sequel, Aliens, is Bishop who is played by Lance Henriksen. I don't know who the hell Bruce is, the only Alien movies I care about are the first 3 and to a (much) lesser extent, Resurrection.

I don't know Star Trek very well, they both come from very different universes in terms of tech. Data can probably do more fancy, extravagant things but from what little I've seen(in the one movie with the borg queen) of him I prefer Bishop, though its important to note that androids in the Alien universe are more close to humans than whatever Data is.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suA2Hy-0mxI[/youtube]

Bishop is cooler, is what I'm trying to say.

Anarbaculardrop
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2012, 12:13 am

Yes, but supposedly, his fist blows are still human, while Data is way stronger than Ripley, who I heard beat Ash. Data also is capable of breaking bones. Sure, Androids from Alien can survive many things, but in a fist fight with something that can easily lift a girder(or anvil), I don't know what Ash can do but take the hits until he is reduced to a slimy pile of gel(ick).

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2012, 12:27 am

Anarbaculardrop wrote:
Yes, but supposedly, his fist blows are still human, while Data is way stronger than Ripley, who I heard beat Ash. Data also is capable of breaking bones. Sure, Androids from Alien can survive many things, but in a fist fight with something that can easily lift a girder(or anvil), I don't know what Ash can do but take the hits until he is reduced to a slimy pile of gel(ick).

I kind of said this in my own post. I'm sure Data can do more amazing things and technically would win a fight. The androids in Alien are basically synthetic humans that can calculate and process information like a machine and they even lack certain human drives, such as harming humans, depending on the model. Of course this varies depending on the synthetic's mission and model, Ash was directly carrying out the will of Weyland Yutani, to preserve and research the xenomorph, bringing back any samples at whatever cost is necessary. They are tools of the company, up until Resurrection, since Winona Rider's character is an android but she seems more autonomous than her predecessors.

Synthetic humans in the Alien universe do not posses any outstanding physical abilities that I'm aware of, outside of being able to survive in worlds with inhospitable atmospheres, according to Prometheus, a movie that takes place in the Alien universe.

Ripley beats Ash pretty simply in fact. Whack his head off (he's still functional) then blowtorches his head with a flamethrower. No contest, Data would win, but its really like pitting Superman or Goku against someone like Batman.

So there's your answer. Data would win. This is assuming that he can survive decapitation, since this doesn't kill androids in the Alien universe.

Last edited by NeueZiel on 09 Jun 2012, 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greb
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2012, 10:23 am

PROMETHEUS SPOILERS!! !

NeueZiel wrote:
[EDITED]

Damn! Please edit that, it's a big spoiler (and I haven't been watching Prometheus trailers to avoid them!! !)

Last edited by Greb on 09 Jun 2012, 11:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

pete1061
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2012, 4:02 pm

Data by a long shot on all fronts, hands down.
It's like comparing apples & oranges. Data is built on technology SIGNIFICANTLY more advanced.

Data would have a device engineered that would fry all of Ash's circuits before Ash could even lay a finger on him.

Not even a contest.

Diagnosed in 2005

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2012, 5:45 pm

Greb wrote:
PROMETHEUS SPOILERS!! !

Damn! Please edit that, it's a big spoiler (and I haven't been watching Prometheus trailers to avoid them!! !)

Don't worry, I removed it. Not like I said how it happens, hardly ruins the movie for you so don't fret.