Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

thedaywalker
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2012, 4:41 am

they often say aspies lack empathy they also often say we have to think about everything we do. normal people don't have to think about everything they do and have empathy... atleast thats the story. now what i would like you to imagine is how it would be to not have to think about opening the door.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2012, 4:55 am

I would walk into it and not be able to get out. :?

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2012, 5:04 am

occasionally in my dreams i feel "normal."

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2012, 5:34 am

I am always offended when people call the 99 percent of the population ''normal people'' because it is a little overestimated. Shall we just say NTs, being there are neurotypes who aren't Aspie nor NT?

reecare
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Jun 2012, 5:59 am

Joe90 wrote:
I am always offended when people call the 99 percent of the population ''normal people'' because it is a little overestimated. Shall we just say NTs, being there are neurotypes who aren't Aspie nor NT?

I'd "like" that if I could. I have been thinking this for a while.

treblecake
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Jun 2012, 7:09 am

thedaywalker wrote:
they often say aspies lack empathy they also often say we have to think about everything we do. normal people don't have to think about everything they do and have empathy... atleast thats the story. now what i would like you to imagine is how it would be to not have to think about opening the door.

What do you mean normal people don't have to think about everything they do? How can you do stuff without thinking about it?

Senath
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jun 2012, 10:25 am

treblecake wrote:
thedaywalker wrote:

What do you mean normal people don't have to think about everything they do? How can you do stuff without thinking about it?

All you have to do is set Brain to Autopilot! 8)

If you do that, though, you may end up walking out the door with both sets of keys, leaving your fiance with no way to get to work or lock the door. Oh wait, that was just yesterday. :nerdy:

I have to at least attempt an autopilot on some things in order to function but I end up with many unexplained bruises/scratches/aches/pains. I screw things up even when I'm concentrating though. Thankfully I've only actually run into a door a few times.