Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

axelkat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2005, 8:07 pm

I have noticed that iam paranoid about people hating me and even accused some people of wanting me dead. It turns out that it is nothing like that and make a fool out of myself. Does anybody else here experience such paranoia? Im wondering if it is part of AS
A

merien_took
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Mar 2005, 8:13 pm

I'm paranoid all the time. I worry that the people in my class think I'm weird or insane. I'm paranoid that any friend I make is going to hurt me and then abandon me. I'm paranoid that I'm going to say something on these boards that'll make someone yell at me and I won't understand why.

I don't know if it's part of AS. Maybe because we have so many relationships fail so frequently and we don't understand what went wrong. It seems like there are no rules to the game and we're always on our guard for the slightest thing to go wrong.

axelkat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2005, 8:21 pm

that is exactly what im talkin about. Now to be able to get past it...
A

merien_took
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Mar 2005, 8:27 pm

Yeah, I wish I could offer real advice here. I mean, we know the paranoia is unfounded, but most of reality seems to tell us we should be paranoid (well, it tells me, anyway. I've had a bad couple of months). Beyond telling yourself that how you're reading things is wrong and that you shouldn't be paranoid, I don't really know. :?

serine
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Mar 2005, 10:21 pm

i have been very paranoid in the past because of this &*$¤% naiveté then i have tryed to find something more accurate: prudence

it do not works as it should anyway :wink:

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2005, 10:54 pm

I'm paranoid that people say mean things about me behind my back. It's happened for so long that I just think all people are like that now.

I'm paranoid that people will think i'm a dick, also.

tear
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Mar 2005, 10:55 pm

I never nnoticed it until my friend pointed it to me a couple months. She said that I seemed kind of paranoid when it came to trusting people. If only she knew why.

Oh well.

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2005, 12:28 am

Yeah, I'm a little paranoid, admittedly. I have to remind myself sometimes that some of the suspicious ideas that come into my head are improbable.

+ When people are laughing, they're laughing about me (ideas of reference).

+ Some people on a message board or IRC channel might be people I know in real life. For example, I sometimes get the silly notion that a person or two on WrongPlanet.net might be a friend of the psychopathic woman I met last year, here to mock me through imitation.

+ That psychopathic woman has been spreading rumors about me that I'm crazy and obsessive, and they've affected people's opinion of me (persecutory ideation). Some people around here might know her, and she has talked about me to other people; I know that as fact.

+ When some men are talking to me, I wonder if they're trying to flirt with me (erotomanic ideation). Likewise, I get the idea that I am in competition with other men to get women. That is, other men who are merely talking to a woman I'm interested in are competing with me for her affection.

I sometimes wonder if I have paranoid schizophrenia instead of Asperger's syndrome (or maybe both). I have had brief illusory experiences but nothing that I would say constitutes psychotic hallucination.

ghotistix
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2005, 5:01 am

I've become super-paranoid since my unofficial diagnosis, but I wasn't really that paranoid before. Every time someone laughs, I'm sure they're laughing at me for some reason, and I always convince myself that my friends really hate me and wish I would go away. It sucks :(

Minus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Mar 2005, 6:23 am

Not paranoid. :)

Last edited by Minus on 22 Oct 2005, 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

berta
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Mar 2005, 6:26 am

i agree with all of you, i am paradoid all the time. i always have the feeling that someone is watching me, or "out to get me", and that people are talking about me. and that people will yell at me or violate me in some other way.
the worst part of it is that i am afraid of beeing on my own in a town or a city, (but i love beeing alone in the forest(where i live) and i am totally nervous to drive to the shop to get food. even though it only takes 15 minutes to drive there, and i know all the different people behind the counter(its a very small town)
im really paranoid about that, and i always have to visualise the drive and everything before i go, and think about possible people i could meet, and the most terrible thing i think about is meeting former class-mates, who usually ignores me:(

CatGuy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Mar 2005, 6:58 am

I'm paranoid about people thinking I'm stupid, and about my friends not actually caring about me and just taking advantage of me.

Civet
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2005, 9:02 am

I am always worried that people are mad at me, or that they think I am stupid.

It especially happens with teachers, probably because I always screw up around them. I sometimes end up having to email them to apologize or explain my behavior.

Since I never know how to read people unless I know them well, it's hard for me to tell if they are really upset with me or if they are just having a less than happy day.

I'm a bit concerned about one of my teachers right now, actually. I made the mistake of going to class to hand in my assignment, and leaving because I had to go hang my senior show. She seemed really angry, but the alarms were also going off, so that might have been part of the reason. I went back and I spoke to her again after class ended, she seemed less than thrilled, but not as irritated as before.

Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Mar 2005, 9:30 am

I'm ALWAYS paranoid that people are staring at me or giving me dirty looks when in public even though I have no proof they are because I pay no attention.

unique
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Mar 2005, 9:32 am

I get paranoid about lots of different things. When people laugh I am convinced I have done something stupid or that they are talking about me.

When I am out in the street I become convinced that people are watching me all the time. Staring becuase I am behaving oddly or because they think I am strange.

I also convince myself that people only talk to me out of some notion of obligation. That they are pleasant to me to be polite not because they really like me and want to speak to me. I am convinced they make comments to each other about me as soon as I am out of earshot. That my relatives only spend time with me because they feel duty-bound. That it is a necessary chore.

I could go but I won't. The more I think about this the more examples I come up with.

axelkat
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2005, 10:17 am

Heres something funny i heard:
"Just because your paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you."(lol)
A