Veteran

11 Jun 2012, 1:13 pm

You had me at, "Limbaugh."

TM
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2012, 10:14 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Someone just needs to tell Rush right about now that he's only allowed to criticize the ideas of white Anglo-saxon men from now on; anyone else is in the moral infallibility cart.

To be honest, someone needs to tell most of the Limbaugh related media (including Fox news) that you are supposed to criticize someone's work, not their personal life. I could write a 3 hour critique of Rush Limbaugh's work, without even touching on the fact that he's a whore mongering, draft dodging, drug addict. I mean, can we take away many of John Forbes Nash scientific contributions based on him being schizophrenic?

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2012, 12:30 pm

TM wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Someone just needs to tell Rush right about now that he's only allowed to criticize the ideas of white Anglo-saxon men from now on; anyone else is in the moral infallibility cart.

To be honest, someone needs to tell most of the Limbaugh related media (including Fox news) that you are supposed to criticize someone's work, not their personal life. I could write a 3 hour critique of Rush Limbaugh's work, without even touching on the fact that he's a whore mongering, draft dodging, drug addict. I mean, can we take away many of John Forbes Nash scientific contributions based on him being schizophrenic?

Well, that's apples and oranges though. Being schizophrenic isn't something you choose, and it doesn't reflect your ethics. Whore mongering, draft dodging etc are all choices and say things about the moral competence of the individual. There's also something very different about the work involved; Nash's work had nothing to do with ethics or how people relate to one another in society. That is what Limbaugh pontificates about, he pretends to be a moral authority. His credibility in his line of work, then, does actually depend on his moral choices in his private life.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2012, 8:14 pm

I wouldn't ever pay attention to an idiot who calls people "Overeducated". As in ever.

EVER.

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2012, 8:28 pm

Vexcalibur wrote:
I wouldn't ever pay attention to an idiot who calls people "Overeducated". As in ever.

EVER.

im writing this to my list of nifty personal rules, :lol:
so true

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.