Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Roxy1989
Raven
Raven

11 Jun 2012, 12:27 pm

just interested......what are people's attitudes to facebook?
many people with AS i know spend thier entire lives on it ....many others cant stand it due to the axitey cyptic staues updates and bitching provokes

presnolly i cant stand it, went "cold turky" with it a while ago,it made very feel on edge.

fb is good in someways ,for finding old mates and staying in touch but fb dating and such can be a downside if it goes wrong. plus the whole debate about weather to unfriend exs when they get with someone else isnt nice

i likw WP much more cos everyone's awesome and its a save haven for so many :)

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2012, 12:29 pm

I used to be addicted to Facebook in college. I still check my Facebook everyday but I don't spend as much time on it as I used to. Yes, Facebook did contribute to ending my previous relationship.

Aelfwine
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Jun 2012, 12:45 pm

I dislike Facebook.
I don't want to join facebook but nearly everybody is at facebook.

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2012, 2:23 pm

I don't particularly like facebook and have no plans to join at all.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2012, 3:02 pm

lostgirl1986 wrote:
I used to be addicted to Facebook in college. I still check my Facebook everyday but I don't spend as much time on it as I used to. Yes, Facebook did contribute to ending my previous relationship.

I think facebook has the tendency to destroy relationships rather than to build them.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2012, 3:56 pm

I'm on Facebook and I wish that I never joined.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2012, 4:07 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I'm on Facebook and I wish that I never joined.

Fakebook is one harsh place.

I'd say erase all data, defriend everyone, set everything to private and de-activate that account.

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2012, 6:31 pm

Has anybody ever had a random person try to befriend you and you don't recognize who they are only to remember a bit later that they are friends with one of your friends and you add them and then they delete you after a day or two?

That's another thing that makes me mad, people who just want you to add them so they can spy on you.

TheHouseholdCat
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2012, 7:14 pm

I don't really use Facebook to share what I do during the day. And I could never become addicted to it. It's quite boring, actually. I mainly use Facebook to post random things every now and then and communicate with friends.

I thought about getting off Facebook, but I'm undecided about that.

"It's how they see things. It's a way of bringing class to an environment, and I say that pejoratively because, obviously, good music is good music however it's created, however it's motivated." - Thomas Newman

TheTigress
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Jun 2012, 11:44 pm

I quit using it cold turkey a few months ago after being on it for nearly 3 years. I don't even miss it so I guess that says something right there. It's better that I don't have one for both my job purposes (freelance artist) and for reasons having to do with my AS over thinking issues. All it really was was cyber narcissism/melodrama anyways if you really think about it. (I was guilty of it too).

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2012, 11:46 pm

I use facebook to communicate with my family, and a couple of my friends. It's pretty OK but it's nothing compared to WP. :wink:

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2012, 11:59 pm

It's kinda boring, honestly. I'm only on their for social interaction with several people because I don't talk to them any other way. I never see these people in person. I barely talk to anyone on there. If anything, I spend the majority of my time on here, playing games, or watching shows.

brickmack
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Jun 2012, 10:29 pm

I hate it. Full of stupid people, and the government (in pretty much all countries) is almost certainly using it to spy on people. Only time I ever used it was for a series of experiments to try and track the spread of misinformation across a system. Didnt work.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2012, 10:54 pm

I'm no longer on FB but I do understand its importance in bringing knowlege and freedom to the rest of the world. (Are you listening No. Korea & Africa?)

Fudo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2012, 2:22 am

I use facebook a lot now, only really talk to wp people and a few others including family. Kinda hoping my old school friends unfriend me, too bloody britishly pathetic to do it myself. I fond people talk more there than here and about more things.. And no restrictions, though I don't tend to get moderated. Will probably keep checking in here but unless I get a PC, will remain mostly there. As for public details n all, mine are all set to public. Don't really see the harm. Naive fudo, more than unafraid though. Lol

Nim
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2012, 2:30 am

I sit here alone, in my house - the slight smell of vegetables in the air from making salsa. Two monitors - one open to facebook, and one open to WP. I think - no ones online, no one to talk to. I look at my phone - and this fact remains true. I see my cat subtly looking towards the back listening to a sound he heard as he straddles my monitors just to annoy me - as he sleeps he pushes the buttons on my monitors, adjusting my contrast for me.

This is my life, it is not amazing - there is a picture of cookie monster wrestling over a cookie on my other screen. There are 2 people online, both I never speak to - one I don't even know.

Dr. Who is my only companion in this cruel world, of unemployment and lack-luster relationships. Captain Picard was entertaining but only made so many episodes of TNG, and is a bit of a jerk in real life I suppose.... So I default to facebook, my window to presumed happiness - almost perfect in its way of sharing, telling "friends" (strangers) things I didn't even want them to know. I am a hermit, sitting on top of a hill - sharing secrets about myself through a means of social networking, which can only be explained as unifying, addicting, and mind numbingly stupid. Never visiting anyone, never traveling anywhere... because I get my social high through a means of self-destructive entertainment.