Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

omega26
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Jun 2012, 8:16 pm

It seems that I am never the person to be invited to anywhere, and Is something wrong? and along with not what I call true friends, it seems I have never had a girlfriend. Is it maybe that I haven't found the right set of friends or something else?

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2012, 8:28 pm

I was ALWAYS glossed over in my HS gym classes when it came to choosing members for a team. Odd man out. That's me. Mr. Ignore in the flesh. Stayed with me my entire life. Have I gotten used to it? I place myself in positions where the choice wouldn't matter, that is to say, in no position at all.

AS_Citizen_43275-B
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Jun 2012, 8:30 pm

Welcome to the wrong planet! We are 'Aliens' here... A few natives are tolerant or accepting of us, do not fret my friend, but be patient and steadfast in finding true friends.

questor
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2012, 10:09 pm

Life doesn't always come knocking on your door. At least some of the time you have to open the door and head out in search of life without waiting for it to come calling. Here are some ideas on meeting people.

- Take courses, either in person, or online. Some of the online ones are free. The in person ones are a good way to meet people.

- Volunteer. There are people worse off than we are, who would really appreciate the help. It's also a good way to meet people, and boost your self image and mood.

- Take up a hobby or join a club. These are good ways to meet people who share your interests.

- Get involved in community activities. Attend town meetings, events at local libraries and other local organizations. Attend local sporting events, fairs, and art shows. Attend and/or participate in local theater groups. These are all great ways to meet people and boost your self image and mood.

- Employment/or self employment. Great way to meet people, boost self image, put money in your wallet, gain experience. Since you have been having trouble finding work as an employee, perhaps you should consider self employment. There are many types to choose from.

Now, go out there and live!

omega26
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Jun 2012, 12:28 am

Thank you As citizen, and redrobin I can relate

and questor I am active I am currently going to college, I am active in 2 clubs, as for the community sadly they really don't care to be active, I try to do stuff but there isn't alot of opinons for that but I don't really care for the community to begin since I am moving, and as for a job I have a part position but I really do not care for the people at my work, I want do more for my life but they just don't, sadly I hear about stuff but seem like I am never invite, For once I like for someone to said "hey want to come to this thing blah blah blah" but the only time I ever get call is "hey I need something" and I do try to plan stuff but it always oh I sorry I busy when they really not, I want find friends who like me for me, and who want to hang but I think it where I live at to, which is why i am a little happy that I am moving, but I fear that it be the same for the rest of my life, and I never find this basic happiness I am searching for.