Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

13 Jun 2012, 2:09 pm

It's time to stand up for your rights!
Even if noise is not an issue for you, please sign this petition to help those of us for whom this menace is taking a toll!
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/no_booms/

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2012, 2:12 pm

My main sensory issue is bright lights. The main culprit? The sun.

iggy64
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Jun 2012, 2:35 pm

redrobin62 wrote:

I agree. Cloudy days = awesome!

Blownmind
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2012, 4:37 pm

iggy64 wrote:
redrobin62 wrote:

I agree. Cloudy days = awesome!

Cloudy days with sunglasses = awesome!

EstherJ
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2012, 4:53 pm

I understand the reasons behind signing this, and the reasons behind this petition, and I do agree, however, there are a few issues.
First, there are some grammatical errors that needlessly discredit the petition.
Furthermore, there are some logical errors that do the same. For instance, if a drug dealer blares loud music in neighborhoods to advertise, that is a prime way that law enforcement can locate the drug dealer and stop him. There are other errors, but that was an example.

Last, while I understand how annoying it is, some word choices are informal or exaggerate the issue, and this would lead to the petition being taken lightly and not considered.

I think this would be great to sign if these issues were resolved. :D

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

13 Jun 2012, 7:29 pm

EstherJ wrote:
I understand the reasons behind signing this, and the reasons behind this petition, and I do agree, however, there are a few issues.
First, there are some grammatical errors that needlessly discredit the petition.
Furthermore, there are some logical errors that do the same. For instance, if a drug dealer blares loud music in neighborhoods to advertise, that is a prime way that law enforcement can locate the drug dealer and stop him. There are other errors, but that was an example.

Last, while I understand how annoying it is, some word choices are informal or exaggerate the issue, and this would lead to the petition being taken lightly and not considered.

I think this would be great to sign if these issues were resolved. :D

Well, I didn't write the petition; I found it on a website that deals with noise issues. I wish I could fix it though.

EstherJ
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2012, 11:01 pm

Oh, I apologize. I thought you did. :oops:

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

14 Jun 2012, 11:43 am

EstherJ wrote:
Oh, I apologize. I thought you did. :oops:

No problem! I did send an email to the site, pointing out the errors, though.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2012, 12:06 pm

Most places already have noise ordinances. It's up to the cops to enforce them.

I personally like having my car stereo loud. I won't play it loud when I'm in a residential neighborhood though, or stopped in one place for long.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

14 Jun 2012, 1:32 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
Most places already have noise ordinances. It's up to the cops to enforce them.

I personally like having my car stereo loud. I won't play it loud when I'm in a residential neighborhood though, or stopped in one place for long.

I don't object to people playing their music loud, if they show respect for residential areas like you do. We live in a very quiet neighborhood with an occasional loud vehicle going by. Last week there was been a car going by that had music loud enough to rattle dishes. Worse, it kept making repeat trips, passing through our street for a total of six times! I melted down badly, and wanted to move somewhere else. :wall: :(

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

07 Jul 2012, 11:55 pm

I think base speakers powerful enough to make newer brick houses shake while passing by should be classified as military weapon technology instead of stereo equipment

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 Jul 2012, 12:38 pm

nick007 wrote:
I think base speakers powerful enough to make newer brick houses shake while passing by should be classified as military weapon technology instead of stereo equipment

I agree!

idratherbeatree
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Jul 2012, 1:38 pm

I worked for a soundsystem group for a while. (They did raves and such.)
I helped make the speakers, 18 inch folded subs and such. My issue with this petition is that there is little discrimination between "Car speakers" and "Soundsystem speakers" as it were. And I think (while I personally do not enjoy the loudness as I am very sensitive) that it should be fine for people to buy and use speakers like these in appropriate situations. I do not however think a car is not one of these situations.

aspie48
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2012, 1:58 pm

idratherbeatree wrote:
I worked for a soundsystem group for a while. (They did raves and such.)
I helped make the speakers, 18 inch folded subs and such. My issue with this petition is that there is little discrimination between "Car speakers" and "Soundsystem speakers" as it were. And I think (while I personally do not enjoy the loudness as I am very sensitive) that it should be fine for people to buy and use speakers like these in appropriate situations. I do not however think a car is not one of these situations.
i'd like this if there were a like button.

SpiritBlooms
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2012, 2:09 pm

Last edited by SpiritBlooms on 09 Jul 2012, 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 Jul 2012, 4:25 pm

For those who have responded to this post, please keep in mind that I didn't write the petition. I found it elsewhere and shared it here. So I have no control over the points you have mentioned.