Does your Asperger's make you look stoned?

Page 3 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

bizboy1
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 11:05 am

Mootoo wrote:
I think a better question would be... have you ever been nearly prosecuted for looking stoned? (Just an illustration of all the prejudice in the world, not that they'd prosecute someone who looks like they're about to murder...)

I personally don't seem to look stoned even when I actually am! (Heck, once I even succeeded in looking and acting normal when I was dissociated.)

Me too. When I was really dissociated I ended up eating at a sushi restaurant. It was pretty crazy.

DerStadtschutz
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 11:53 am

Yeah I don't know why people think I look stoned, but when I was in highschool, I got accused of being high or being a pothead all the time, long before I ever touched the stuff.

bizboy1
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 11:55 am

DerStadtschutz wrote:
Yeah I don't know why people think I look stoned, but when I was in highschool, I got accused of being high or being a pothead all the time, long before I ever touched the stuff.

Me too. And I ended up just pretending to be a pot head to be "cool". So it just exacerbated it.

Mdyar
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 1:16 pm

Yes, in my late teens, and at around 21, I remember a break truck pulled up, and the lady driver was dispensing change asking if I was alright - OK. It was a struggle to shift attention to do something as simple as paying - (it was break time - time to eat).

Cultus_Diabolus
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 5:31 pm

im not sure if aspergers makes me look stone, but im sure the pot i smoke does.

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 6:03 pm

bizboy1 wrote:
Throughout high school people have said I looked stoned. I still think about this and kind of believe it. I think it's my anxiety and sensitivity to light. I also think I talk slower sometimes because I'm analyzing the conversation and thinking really deep. Now that I'm in college, no one has said I look stoned but people have said I'm laid back.

Can anyone relate?

It's great to know I'm not the only one here! I've been accused of using drugs (something I am utterly opposed to - I refuse to even take a Tylenol) by teachers, (and even a few professors)principals, and other students. Every yearbook picture of me makes me look like I'm stoned as well. It's just the way my eyes look. The fact that I look like I'm in my own little world, lost in thought, adds to the problems.

Cultus_Diabolus
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 7:14 pm

CyborgUprising wrote:
bizboy1 wrote:
Throughout high school people have said I looked stoned. I still think about this and kind of believe it. I think it's my anxiety and sensitivity to light. I also think I talk slower sometimes because I'm analyzing the conversation and thinking really deep. Now that I'm in college, no one has said I look stoned but people have said I'm laid back.

Can anyone relate?

It's great to know I'm not the only one here! I've been accused of using drugs (something I am utterly opposed to - I refuse to even take a Tylenol) by teachers, (and even a few professors)principals, and other students. Every yearbook picture of me makes me look like I'm stoned as well. It's just the way my eyes look. The fact that I look like I'm in my own little world, lost in thought, adds to the problems.

if you hate drugs, stop listening to good music, cause most good musicians do alot of drugs. drugs = better music.

nerdymama
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Jun 2012, 7:26 pm

I've had a lot of comments from others saying I look stoned even though I've certainly never been stoned

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 8:03 pm

Cultus_Diabolus wrote:
if you hate drugs, stop listening to good music, cause most good musicians do alot of drugs. drugs = better music.

Are you on crack?

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 8:56 pm

when I was in my early 20s one of the kids that went to school with my youngest brother INSISTED I had to be high on weed.

I've NEVER touched the stuff.

Cultus_Diabolus
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 10:19 pm

Rascal77s wrote:
Cultus_Diabolus wrote:

Are you on crack?

no i am not, pink floyd lots of lsd, beatles, lots of lsd, the doors lsd and coke, rolling stones, lsd and coke, pretty much any great band all did drugs. nirvana, heroin, any metal band from the 80s, coke and or meth and or heroin, bob dylan, lots of lsd and pot, willie nelson, lots of pot and probably dabble in other stuff,

(they all pretty much did pot up there im sure)

justin bieber, sober. hana montana, sober in tell recently,

the facts speak for it self drugs = better music.

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 10:46 pm

Cultus_Diabolus wrote:
Rascal77s wrote:
Cultus_Diabolus wrote:

Are you on crack?

no i am not, pink floyd lots of lsd, beatles, lots of lsd, the doors lsd and coke, rolling stones, lsd and coke, pretty much any great band all did drugs. nirvana, heroin, any metal band from the 80s, coke and or meth and or heroin, bob dylan, lots of lsd and pot, willie nelson, lots of pot and probably dabble in other stuff,

Pffft look at the mortality rate in the people you name. Drugs killed them. Kinda hard to be a good musician and dead at the same time. Many musicians use(d) drugs to cope with the lifestyle, not because drugs enhance their music. On top of that not everyone shares your taste in music. There are, and always have been, good musicians that didn't touch drugs.

The one thing I agree with you on is that facts speak for themselves. Start using them.

Dan_Undiagnosed
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 11:58 pm

Yeah I got called a 'smoker' a lot at my last job because of my behaviour and appearance I guess. If I was a smoker I would have told them but the fact that they thought I was lying about it pissed me off.

DerStadtschutz
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2012, 12:34 am

bizboy1 wrote:
DerStadtschutz wrote:

Me too. And I ended up just pretending to be a pot head to be "cool". So it just exacerbated it.

I never pretended to be a pothead, but I became one after highschool.

Cultus_Diabolus
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2012, 12:49 am

Rascal77s wrote:
Cultus_Diabolus wrote:
Rascal77s wrote:
Cultus_Diabolus wrote:

Are you on crack?

Pffft look at the mortality rate in the people you name. Drugs killed them. Kinda hard to be a good musician and dead at the same time. Many musicians use(d) drugs to cope with the lifestyle, not because drugs enhance their music. On top of that not everyone shares your taste in music. There are, and always have been, good musicians that didn't touch drugs.

The one thing I agree with you on is that facts speak for themselves. Start using them.

yes cause the life style of alot of money and all the sex you can get is horrible, and your doing the job you love, another pluss side all the drugs you can do. they did not do drugs to cope with life(im sure some did and found out being depressed on drugs is a great source of music, look at nirvana as a great example), they did drugs cause they liked it. thats right, people do drugs cause they like drugs ;p. pluss the lsd crowd is doing fine, its all the heroin addicts that died early, lesson do more lsd less heroin. i should note lsd is non addictive, and can not kill you, unless your one of the few you thought they could fly and decided to skip the test run on land and jump out of a building, but that's only happen a few times since lsd bin around. im not condoning drugs for the general population, im just saying if you want to be an artist, do more drugs. only drugs i do is pot, and only drugs i ever done is pot shrooms and alcohol, my parents were drug addicts, i know first hand the destructive force of heroin and meth. but not all drugs are bad, like pot shrooms and lsd. plus i like lsd inspired music alot more than herion coke and meth inspired music.

also people bin doing drugs since the beginning of recorded history, and prior to it, you have pot seeds in ancient burial so they can grow them selfs a crop in the next life. stay away from the artificial drugs, like alcohol meth heroin coke, and to a less extent lsd. and i bet any artist you thought was good who you think was sober wasn't sober, that or you have bad taste in music.

Last edited by Cultus_Diabolus on 18 Jun 2012, 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2012, 1:50 am

Cultus_Diabolus wrote:
Rascal77s wrote:
Cultus_Diabolus wrote:
Rascal77s wrote:
Cultus_Diabolus wrote:

Are you on crack?

yes cause the life style of alot of money and all the sex you can get is horrible, and your doing the job you love, another pluss side all the drugs you can do. they did not do drugs to cope with life(im sure some did and found out being depressed on drugs is a great source of music, look at nirvana as a great example), they did drugs cause they liked it. thats right, people do drugs cause they like drugs ;p. pluss the lsd crowd is doing fine, its all the heroin addicts that died early, lesson do more lsd less heroin. i should note lsd is non addictive, and can not kill you, unless your one of the few you thought they could fly and decided to skip the test run on land and jump out of a building, but that's only happen a few times since lsd bin around. im not condoning drugs for the general population, im just saying if you want to be an artist, do more drugs. only drugs i do is pot, and only drugs i ever done is pot showrooms and alcohol, my parents were drug addicts, i know first hand the destructive force of heroin and meth. but not all drugs are bad, like pot shrooms and lsd. plus i like lsd inspired music alot more than herion coke and meth inspired music.

also people bin doing drugs since the beginning of recorded history, and prior to it, you have pot seeds in ancient burial so they can grow them selfs a crop in the next life. stay away from the artificial drugs, like alcohol meth heroin coke, and to a less extent lsd. and i bet any artist you thought was good who you think was sober wasn't sober, that or you have bad taste in music.

OK. I think I'll just let you focus on getting back your grip on reality. Good luck :)