Why do humans with testicles commit so much crime?

Page 2 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 5:18 am

If all the prisons were closed and the only punishment given for all crimes was the removal of said testicles then maybe crime would stop completely? :P

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 5:20 am

ArrantPariah wrote:
Maybe a lack of sex.
so there you have it case closed. :lol:

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 7:36 am

Because people with testicles are innately inferior, and it just goes to show that that group should not be trusted with responsabilities like running the country.

They shouldnt even be allowed to vote!

Last edited by naturalplastic on 19 Jun 2012, 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 8:28 am

Testosterone.

Reindeer
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Jun 2012, 9:41 am

Declension wrote:
My theory is that humans acquire testicles by theft, thus meaning that a human has committed at least as many crimes as the number of testicles it has.

I will submit my abstract to the upcoming Conference for Human Studies at the University of Mars.

I really don't want to cut my balls off >_>

TalksToCats
Toucan
Toucan

17 Jun 2012, 10:31 am

Short answer:
it's complicated and no-one is quite sure yet.

There are a number of competing theories and no-one has a definitively agreed a theory of why people commit crime at all yet.

Longer answer:

Not only do current research studies / statistics suggest humans with testicals commit more crimes than humans without, but they are more likely to be victims too, especially younger men.

To answer the OP question you really need to consider why any humans commit crime at all.

Current theories suggest there are 4 key things we need to understand to answer this (none of which we have definitive answers for yet).

1) Why do societies define some things as crimes and not others
(so for the OP question a key point is are more things made unlawful that a human with testicals is likely to want to do?)

2) What factors - biological, nerological, upbringing, education, homelife, self control etc - make someone commit crime (and possibly make humans with testicals more likely to commit crimes)?

3) What factors about the environment and situation that a human find themselves in - opportunity for crime, exitence or non-existence of guardians in the area, availability of achohol, levels / styles of policing etc etc - (and why do humans with testicles potentially end up in these criminogenic situations more often than those without)

4) Which of these factors, crime definition, person and environment, and the interaction between all 3, is most important?

(4) is currently hotly debated...but it appears that some combination of these factors currently leads to humans with testicles doing the more crime than those without, we just don't fully understand why yet.

(um, yes criminology is a special interest)

17 Jun 2012, 11:32 am

naturalplastic wrote:
people with testicles are innately superior

Fixed that for ya.

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 1:59 pm

I think because men have more testosterone they are more aggressive and impulsive. But also because society has constantly tried to tame the male by making him responsible, making him the bread winner. That is great where some men can achieve that but not all can or want to.

And there is pressure on males to be competitive. They feel they have to prove themselves and will therefor take big risks to do this. So in a society that has a competetive economic system, coupled with a natural tendency of males to compete, to be impulsive and aggressive, and couple that with a system that always has a lack of paid work for people (especially men) then it is no surprise men will commit crime.

17 Jun 2012, 2:03 pm

While there is no doubt that people with testes commit the vast majority of violent crimes, I honestly wonder if there is any statistical evidence that they commit the majority of non-violent crimes. I'd imagine that DUIs, drug possession, and petty theft are committed equally by women and men alike(thought I can't prove this).

WilliamWDelaney
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 2:30 pm

Men commit more crime simply because they have a stronger drive to acquire material essential for survival. It is as simple as that. The person who steals your lawnmower from out of your back yard is a guy because his instincts drive him to acquire as much valuable material as possible, so he can feed his tribe, whether or not he actually has a tribe that is in need of being fed. It is a necessary instinct. It is a good instinct.

Unfortunately, if it is not shaped correctly from a very early age, it manifests in inappropriate ways. We have these drives. They need proper direction in order to turn into something beneficial to society rather than harmful.

On the other hand, there are a lot of unethical "feminist" thinkers who try to chalk this up to men simply being immoral or something. We will always have bigotry as one of our social ills, and neither sex seems to be immune to it.

HisDivineMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 2:41 pm

AspieRogue wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Fixed that for ya.

Imagine someone projecting that on the other discussion about certain groups being involved in crime more often.
There'd be hell to pay, and warnings, and a locked thread.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 2:59 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQHLvgCWvcE[/youtube]

I'll take any excuse to post this video... :D

JNathanK
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 8:46 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsZfpBkgtjI[/youtube]

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2012, 3:30 pm

Girls get more pressure to conform than boys do, and boys are raised with the paradigmatic 'male hero' being someone who bucks the system and does his own thing, but is so strong/charismatic/smart that he can get away with it. A lot of teenage boys have a high enough regard for themselves that they think they can be that man; in addition, a lot of them have an immortality complex that they only overcome with an experience that scares the bejeezus out of them (in my brother's case, cutting off the tips of three fingers with a table saw).

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2012, 4:35 pm

AspieRogue wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Fixed that for ya.

Don't fool around with other people's quotes. It is sneaky and intellectually dishonest.

Moderator: take notice.

ruveyn

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2012, 5:22 pm

ruveyn wrote:
AspieRogue wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Fixed that for ya.

Don't fool around with other people's quotes. It is sneaky and intellectually dishonest.

Moderator: take notice.

ruveyn

I figured it was a joke. It's so stupid it has to be.