Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Reindeer
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Jun 2012, 9:52 am

I began to teach myself ruby a month ago but I haven't really had the time because it was the last weeks of this year ;)

But first time I tried it I was really surprised how powerful it felt compared to python which I couldn't get into though >.<
But I sat down for like 8 hours and I began to make a program that could calculate second degree equations and it only took me like one and a half hour to make :O
And I really haven't programmed anything else before than hello worlds in different languages and on an Arduino(r).

I really don't know what draws me so much into ruby instead of python since I have a friend who can make some pretty awesome command line programs with python but still doesn't seem to draw me into it :)

amboxer21
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Jun 2012, 12:53 am

I dabble in a ton of languages to see if it would be worth my time learning. I program as a hobby so the language has to be fun!

I tried ruby once on an internet site and I love its power and ease! It seems like an awesome language. Well worth learning. I would if it weren't for me being on my Final Fantasy 7 kick. I love that game. Once I start playing I cant stop. I forget all about programming lol

Once I finish FFVII again, I am going back to Assembly(NASM).

Python is cool but I seem to be drawn to ruby more too.

What have you done with ruby so far? Anything cool? I think Metasploit modules are written in ruby too.