Whats included in your major interests?

Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

KyleClark
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Jun 2012, 9:10 pm

I am unbelievably addicted to politics and history, I checked out all 5 history textbooks my freshman year and finished them all within a weak. I constantly get into arguments on the internet and in person with my close friends about the smallest political/historical detail. What is your major interest?

mntn13
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 10:01 pm

I like, no, I love to draw.
I also like to write, but haven't worked hard enoug on it for a long time.

That's neat you know history really well. Someone asked me about what is the difference or the contrast between the Dark Ages and the Rennaissance just the other day, and I was not able to put it into words. :roll: :oops:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 10:54 pm

Music, computers and special sporting events.

Atomsk
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 10:58 pm

My biggest one and most long lasting one is music - mainly creating it, but also its history, history and information about certain artists, etc. In some areas of musical history (like jazz history) I have extensive knowledge; in others, like modern pop music, I have almost no knowledge.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

17 Jun 2012, 11:01 pm

My #1 right now is my doodling and sketching. What used to be #1 but #2 now would be my Ratchet and Clank obsession. I also have an equal obsession with Jak and Daxter, as well as Skyrim. I am also waaaay into rugby. :D

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 11:05 pm

My biggest and longest running special interest is The Kinks. :D :P

2wheels4ever
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2012, 11:07 pm

With my motorbike interest I have a nearly unstoppable urge to smooth every weld on the frame, every casting seam on the aluminum parts, brainstorm ways to lighten and strengthen each part and fastener. Some day I will have a machine with every nook and cranny gone through by me in such a fashion, and knowing my fortunes it will probably be stolen and mistaken for one of its more generic cousins

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2012, 12:41 am

I'm writing a short story about Mozart. It keeps me busy.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2012, 1:38 am

Johnny Depp movies, Tim Burton movies and animated shows/movies are my special interests. Quite a few of them overlap with each other. Sometimes I go through periods of time when I feel like I'm not as passionate about them as I once was, but even though I tend to get very upset when that happens, my interests never really disappear.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2012, 2:32 am

2wheels4ever wrote:
With my motorbike interest I have a nearly unstoppable urge to smooth every weld on the frame, every casting seam on the aluminum parts, brainstorm ways to lighten and strengthen each part and fastener. Some day I will have a machine with every nook and cranny gone through by me in such a fashion, and knowing my fortunes it will probably be stolen and mistaken for one of its more generic cousins

I do something similar, but to guns instead of bikes.

Do you TIG weld, and have you ever heard of Scandium? If no, then forget I said anything, for your wallet's sake... :lol:

Moonhawk
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2012, 4:37 am

My interests are quite varied really :x But my all time favorite interest has been pokemon ever since i was little. And i don't want to bore everyone with talking about all my interests :o

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2012, 6:03 am

My major interests include going on the computer, reading, psychology and techno music.

Fudo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2012, 7:44 am

Music and films never really go away. Fudo, rather fittingly, has stuck around. I have had a love of languages since I first started school, though still fail to learn one, even my English is not nearly as complete as i'd like... Others are a bit more general, quite a lot of social sciences for want of a better term, especially human interaction what might loosely be described as psychology but really is more an overall fascination with people. Amazing creatures. Natural science too can often be pretty exciting, though harder to grasp intuitively. Not the best reader really.. I'm hyperlexic but struggle to focus. Lately, comedy in all it's forms.. I've always loved to laugh,like my Dad but I really am quite obsessed now.. This relates a lot to human interaction for me in the way a performer presents material the way a crowd reacts and much much more.. And also the wordy side of things, the material itself. Could probably go on all day and night so I'll leave it there.. One final idea though, pertaining to a well known interest of mine and it is this : anything can be quite interesting if looked at the right way. :)

That'll do

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2012, 9:23 am

Not really a major interest, but I'm into hockey right now. With a strange obsession with Cacti. 8O

HisDivineMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2012, 10:34 am

History, politics, ships, military history, culture, some architecture, law.

joannaaleksandra
Toucan
Toucan

18 Jun 2012, 1:40 pm

Neurodegenerative disorders with first symptoms appearing in the childhood.