Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

JNathanK
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2012, 10:44 pm

I saw the trailer for it and thought it was a joke from a sketch comedy show only to find out it was a real, feature length movie. Lets just f**k with history, why don't we? Let me guess, Boothe is the head Vampire, and in the sequel, Oswald will be a zombie or a pod person from the Martian subsurface. I hope it flops, because if it doesn't, it will be a really strong indicator that the American IQ is dropping. I'm interested to know how rednecks from the South will react to it too.

Delphiki
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2012, 11:13 pm

JNathanK wrote:
I saw the trailer for it and thought it was a joke from a sketch comedy show only to find out it was a real, feature length movie. Lets just f**k with history, why don't we? Let me guess, Boothe is the head Vampire, and in the sequel, Oswald will be a zombie or a pod person from the Martian subsurface. I hope it flops, because if it doesn't, it will be a really strong indicator that the American IQ is dropping. I'm interested to know how rednecks from the South will react to it too.
Inglorious bastards "f****d" with history

JNathanK
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2012, 11:40 pm

Delphiki wrote:
JNathanK wrote:
Inglorious bastards "f****" with history

Yah, I really resent it. Maybe I'm taking it too seriously, but I hate it when there's absolutely no attempt to be historically accurate about a historic subject. Maybe they'll make a movie in the next few years about George W Bush as a cowboy that uses his super human powers to fight the evil sorcerer Osama bin Laden that uses his dark wizard magic to fly away on his magic carpet to evade capture from Bush's magic lasso.

Zinia
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Jun 2012, 11:49 pm

I read the book and it was super funny, but somehow I doubt the movie will be as good.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2012, 12:48 am

Delphiki wrote:
JNathanK wrote:

I like Inglorious Bastards...but the movie described here looks terrible, I saw the preview and thought wtf? I just hope its meant as a comedy and not an actual horror movie or thriller of any sort.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2012, 12:56 am

JNathanK wrote:
Delphiki wrote:
JNathanK wrote:

Yah, I really resent it. Maybe I'm taking it too seriously, but I hate it when there's absolutely no attempt to be historically accurate about a historic subject. Maybe they'll make a movie in the next few years about George W Bush as a cowboy that uses his super human powers to fight the evil sorcerer Osama bin Laden that uses his dark wizard magic to fly away on his magic carpet to evade capture from Bush's magic lasso.
:lol: For some reason I pictured Osama Bin laden on the flying carpet as this guy [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwkKynbxqo[/youtube]

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2012, 2:13 am

JNathanK wrote:
Delphiki wrote:
JNathanK wrote:

That's not what happened?

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2012, 6:42 am

Didnt know they made it into a movie.

I read about the book when it came out a few years ago, and it sounded kind of interesting.
Its not a slasher movie, its meant to be surreal and comedic.

Its part of the trend.

Theyve been doing literary "mashups" for a while combining works of literature, or mixing history with literature for some years now- like the novel "Gilligan's Wake"( a hybrid of Joyce's "Finnegan's Wake" with the Sixties sitcom "Gilligan's Island").

Or was it "Finnegan's Island"?
Same idea anyway.

Sherlock Holmes, teamed up with Sigmund Freud to solve a murder in "the seven percent solution" decades ago.

If its frankly surreal there is nothing wrong with it.