Page 7 of 9 [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

neobluex
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2013, 8:49 am

I don't know what exactly does "popular" mean. My school isn't big. When I go out for recess, I hear guys I never met/speak to talking about me. They know my name and my face, what I do, what I don't do.
I think somebody is making rumours about me.
But, actually, I don't care. They are "la chusma".

QuietYardy39
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Jun 2013, 10:22 pm

im not popular at all, dont think i can be ingnored anymore

MLG4Ever
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Jun 2015, 2:18 pm

I am quite popular in a fandom for a very colorful Cartoon Horse Show
In high school, not so much

boredome
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2015, 1:31 am

Not popular.

That's how I am. In the background.

WAautisticguy
Toucan
Toucan

16 Jun 2015, 12:51 am

I will be a senior (finally!!) in high school in late August. I think I'm just a little bit past the halfway point for popularity. I do have a few friends, but only one that I hang out with regularly (well, occasionally) outside of school. I am good friends with the newly-elected junior class president at my school, plus the newly-elected ASB vice president. However, I only see them at school and not at other functions as they are very busy.
Had I been the most popular person at school, I would have had to play football, and basketball, and baseball all in one year; be the ASB president; be a 100% NT with no sign of Asperger's stimming; and enjoy the assembly line rap and pop music that comes into the libraries of FM stations that play "Today's Hottest Music!" Oh, and have a girlfriend.

Unlike most other AS people on this website, I enjoy pep rallies. I think my popularity shot up to 100% last December when I got to do the "roll call" - where you call the different classes and see who screams the loudest. I had always been one of the loudest in my section and I told myself "maybe I can lead this school to one massive rally." I'll just say: LOUDEST I have EVER heard the sophomore class. Students at my school still remember that rally!

I was also popular in 7th grade when I won "Student of the Month." That was awesome. Was always kind to people and knew 99% of the 7th grade class. Too bad I had to leave that junior high due to a foreclosure on our house. That was a great school and everyone there knew me and was always kind to me.

I have not tried dating. I am a little scared of it, because the girls will think I'm weird. My room for example is littered with OLD stuff. I don't have any video games, iPads, iPhones, Androids, or Beats by Dr. Dre. I'm still enjoying the VHS format even though it's been obsolete for many years now...and still have a working VCR.
I don't listen to rap music and I'd rather listen to 1970s, 80s and 90s music. Girls will think I'm weird!

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2015, 6:17 am

I'm a ghost.

SunFosgerau
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Jun 2015, 7:35 am

I'm not very popular. I prefer being alone. I don't get bullied and I do have friends, but I wont consider myself as popular.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2015, 7:54 am

WAutistic Guy: I don't think girls would find you that weird for listening to "old" music. Many girls like it, too.

I was very unpopular in high school. The older I got, the more popular I became.

I'm not the center-of-attention social butterfly type. I keep to myself. But I'm not really "unpopular."

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2015, 3:25 pm

Why Nerds are Unpopular

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

zchong
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 Dec 2015, 12:44 am

I was somewhat under the radar but I had friends in every group and they would explain what's going on to me.

[url]https://tvbookfilmreviewers.wordpress.com/
[/url]
https://writersrandomideas.wordpress.com/
https://justanotherstupidblogsite.wordpress.com/

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2015, 3:16 pm

in middle school and earlier on in high school i jumped from group to group, interacting and trying to make some relationships. as i was awkward, they were pretty basic and shallow and rudimentary, but in the process i became rather well known, as in the "saying hi in the hallways" well known and "people knew my name" known, not necessarily liked, i think. i think even now i'd be surprised at how many people were irritated with me and didn't bother to tell. (though i tend to assume the worst regarding those things)

later on i became more secure with how many friends i did legitimately have and stopped being such a butterfly. i no longer speak to anyone from those earlier days, barring one person. about whom the situation is complex and twinkly.

i did tend to go under the radar. people seemed to be surprised at my presence if they noticed it.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Aspie202
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Jan 2016, 7:13 pm

I'm on the sorta am, sorta not. Some people know my name.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2016, 10:11 am

When I was in high school, I was an outcast even amongst outcasts.

Right now, at age 55, it's really a mixed bag. People tend to be ambivalent about me. It might even depend on the day--they might like me one day, and dislike me the next.

StaticWorld
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Feb 2016, 12:57 pm

Some of my teachers really like me and despite me having issues with many students I also have a few I can talk to who are quite nice. A few years ago it was terrible since I couldn't connect to others as good as of today. Somehow many people know me although I've never met them before. I'm not as social as it may sound but it got better. I still prefer to be alone since it costs much energy.

FriendlyHougen

19 Mar 2016, 3:35 pm

Some people that I don't even know know my name, plus I have over 100 watchers on both deviantART and YouTube, so I'd say I'm not that popular, but quite a few people know who I am.

apolo234
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Mar 2016, 8:27 am

I think that I am in the Average-Well Liked but I'm not sure, specially for a moment that happened a month ago that made me rethink my real popularity (I don't want to boast)

I've got close friends and I seem to get well along with everyone, I thought that because of this moment:

I'd lost my agenda in the class of before so I went there for taking it, there was another class going on and basically this happened:

-Me: Hello... I've left my agenda here, Could you give it to me, plea...

-The Class: ¡¡¡¡APOLO!! !!

-Me: Oh... Hello guys and girls... (waves hand and smiles)

-Some people of the class: ¡LITTLE APOLO! (They said something that is a bit hard to translate back, but it's a diminutive.)

-Me: Yesss... hahah, thanks... (I didn't know what to do)

I've even seen a figure waving his hand to me, but I couldn't recognize who was because I went out, I'm sure it was a boy. I waved my hand a little more and went back to class.

So I think I am... More well liked that anything else.