Pro-Israeli 53%  53%  [ 30 ]
Pro-Palestinian 47%  47%  [ 27 ]
Total votes : 57

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 3:47 pm

ruveyn wrote:
I am pro reason and pro civilization. Which is why I tend to favor the Israelis over the Palestinians. Not that I approve of every decision and policy of the Israeli government, mind you.

The Palestinians, particular the people of Hamas are bat sh*t crazy.

ruveyn

Not that I would, but I could say that Americans, particularly the GOP are bat s**t crazy and you would be the one to be brand me judgemental.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 8:09 pm

thomas81 wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
I am pro reason and pro civilization. Which is why I tend to favor the Israelis over the Palestinians. Not that I approve of every decision and policy of the Israeli government, mind you.

The Palestinians, particular the people of Hamas are bat sh*t crazy.

ruveyn

Not that I would, but I could say that Americans, particularly the GOP are bat sh** crazy and you would be the one to be brand me judgemental.

The Republicans do stupid and unpleasant things but they are not out of touch with reality. The Hamas thugs are fanatics.

The Republicans on the whole are as sane as you are. They have different objectives and interests from yours.

ruveyn

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2012, 11:33 am

Still hoping they destroy each other already with as few side effects as possible.

Republicans as a whole are batshit insane.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2012, 11:36 am

Vexcalibur wrote:
Still hoping they destroy each other already with as few side effects as possible.

Republicans as a whole are batshit insane.

Word.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2012, 6:04 pm

ruveyn wrote:

The Republicans do stupid and unpleasant things but they are not out of touch with reality. The Hamas thugs are fanatics.

The Republicans on the whole are as sane as you are. They have different objectives and interests from yours.

ruveyn

Republicans do stupid and unpleasant things, and to many people, they ARE out of touch with reality.

Example: Dubya's shoddy handling of the Hurricane Katrina catastrophe.

The GOP and Hamas possibly have more in common than they'd like to admit, they say, do and condone crazy things out of religious zealotry.

To me they are both sides of the same rotten coin.

At least in the case of Hamas, they have something of a justifiable cause against their zionist atagonists. I don't see Hamas forcing its worldview down everyone elses throat the same way the United States likes to.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2012, 7:02 pm

thomas81 wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

Republicans do stupid and unpleasant things, and to many people, they ARE out of touch with reality.

Those many are just plain wrong. Many republicans get elected to office and run successful business. If success is a measure of "being in touch with reality" then many republicans (and many democrates too) are quite in touch with reality. Being sane is not the same as being pleasant or even being just.. Some of the nastiest people alive are quite sane.

ruveyn

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2012, 8:29 pm

ruveyn wrote:
The Hamas thugs are fanatics.

I don't see the difference, to be honest. One could say Republicans are fanatics - or that Hamas has different objectives and interests. Or vice-versa. Just depends on your perspective. Both of them seem to be very similar in some ways. Jingoistic, xenophobic, violent, authoritarian, power-hungry, conservative, reactionary, refusal to compromise, etc

The only real difference that I can see is that one has a position of great power, the other does not.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2012, 6:07 am

edgewaters wrote:

The only real difference that I can see is that one has a position of great power, the other does not.

That has always been true for the entire time humans have been on the planet.

However republicans do not fire katushka rockets into democrat settlements.

ruveyn