Page 4 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2012, 3:54 pm

rabbittss wrote:
BlueMax wrote:
McAnulty wrote:
Pessimism isn't seeing the world as it is, it is seeing everything with a negative tint.

And it's not just women who find this outlook very unappealing! Negativity is a very unattractive trait! People want to have a good time with you - to laugh, enjoy life and just feel happy. If you can't provide that, you won't garner much interest.

Then they should give me a reason to be happy and enjoy life. I'm not going to just wander around like a blithering idiot pretending to be having a good time when I'm not.

Holy entitlement complex, Batman. Nobody owes you anything. If you can't offer it you won't GET it.

ObamaGoesPostal
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Jun 2012, 3:57 pm

MXH wrote:
ObamaGoesPostal wrote:
It's all about genes, if you have good genes for it (good charisma & confidence genes) then you're set. I don't have those genes.

genes are overplayed. Its all about development.

That as well.

McAnulty
Toucan
Toucan

21 Jun 2012, 4:12 pm

rabbittss wrote:
What you believe to be true isn't the same as what is actually true.

Beliefs /= facts.

You are negating your argument. Just because you feel your life isn't good and you aren't happy doesn't mean ALL people's lives are like that. Whether life is good or not is a matter of perception. Many people are very happy. If you aren't, it isn't because life sucks, it's because you feel your particular life sucks. We make our own reality. You will never be happy if you're waiting for someone else to give you a reason to be, and if you're convinced that life is 90% bad then you will never be happy. This is called a self-fulfilling prophecy. You believe life sucks, so it does.

rabbittss
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2012, 5:11 pm

PastFixations wrote:
rabbittss wrote:
No, I simply believe some people are born to be happy, and the rest of us are born to be miserable, and that deluding ourselves into thinking otherwise is not constructive.

Someone told me that what you believe to be true isn't the same as what is actually true. =P

And it absolutely holds true. I believe this to be the case, but it doesn't mean it is. It definitely is from my experience however.