Page 4 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jul 2010
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,072
Location: Here i stand and face the rain

21 Jun 2012, 3:12 pm

ObamaGoesPostal wrote:
It's all about genes, if you have good genes for it (good charisma & confidence genes) then you're set. I don't have those genes.


genes are overplayed. Its all about development.



PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2011
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,735

21 Jun 2012, 3:14 pm

MXH wrote:
PastFixations wrote:
Not in the case of control freaks.

one small group. In general dominance is seen as a way of showing confidence. End of story.

Yeah... a small group which is still thousands of people.
I do see how it shows confidence so I'm not disagreeing... it's just that it can also be used in the sense of one saying jump and the other saying how high?


_________________
www.wrongplanet.net/postp5013377.html&h ... t=#5013377

Sora: "My friends are my power."

Ventus: "I'm asking you as a friend. Just... put an end to me."


deltafunction
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Jun 2012
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,094
Location: Lost

21 Jun 2012, 3:14 pm

MXH wrote:
deltafunction wrote:
PastFixations wrote:
MXH wrote:
PastFixations wrote:
MXH wrote:
PastFixations wrote:
No... It's about confidence and preference rather than physical dominance.


dominance shows confidence though

Dominance shows that you can give orders and make all the decisions and belittle others.


Which shows that you have confidence and leadership skills.

Not in the case of control freaks.


Oh let me tell you stories about these physically "dominent" men...

Oh man they can have the worst temper, and be the crankiest biatches who need special treatment in order to be happy. Then they also get fickle and get upset at the smallest stuff. Instead of dealing with problems, they will whine and blame it on someone else. Then they need pampering to get back into their original mood.

Also, I am a tiny woman, but some will use their physical dominance and not take me seriously, even though I am doing my job. Like seriously, he's not man enough to deal with a woman?

I laugh at the idea that a physically big, muscular man naturally has confidence and leadership skills.


I never said they do, but they look like they do.


Some look like they will beat up anyone who will disagree with them. They always look unhappy, grumpy, won't smile or say hello, walk quickly past you, and will disregard anyone else.

Others though do look like they are confident. They have good posture, have a confident walk, will greet people, smile, won't get in people's personal space, and are polite to others. And generally, when I talk to them, I end up guessing right.


_________________
Your Aspie score: 93 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 109 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits


BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Aug 2007
Age: 45
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,285

21 Jun 2012, 3:54 pm

rabbittss wrote:
BlueMax wrote:
McAnulty wrote:
Pessimism isn't seeing the world as it is, it is seeing everything with a negative tint.

And it's not just women who find this outlook very unappealing! Negativity is a very unattractive trait! People want to have a good time with you - to laugh, enjoy life and just feel happy. If you can't provide that, you won't garner much interest.


Then they should give me a reason to be happy and enjoy life. I'm not going to just wander around like a blithering idiot pretending to be having a good time when I'm not.


Holy entitlement complex, Batman. Nobody owes you anything. If you can't offer it you won't GET it.



ObamaGoesPostal
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Posts: 32
Location: Sweden

21 Jun 2012, 3:57 pm

MXH wrote:
ObamaGoesPostal wrote:
It's all about genes, if you have good genes for it (good charisma & confidence genes) then you're set. I don't have those genes.


genes are overplayed. Its all about development.

That as well.



McAnulty
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 8 May 2012
Age: 34
Gender: Female
Posts: 258
Location: Montreal

21 Jun 2012, 4:12 pm

rabbittss wrote:
What you believe to be true isn't the same as what is actually true.

Beliefs /= facts.


You are negating your argument. Just because you feel your life isn't good and you aren't happy doesn't mean ALL people's lives are like that. Whether life is good or not is a matter of perception. Many people are very happy. If you aren't, it isn't because life sucks, it's because you feel your particular life sucks. We make our own reality. You will never be happy if you're waiting for someone else to give you a reason to be, and if you're convinced that life is 90% bad then you will never be happy. This is called a self-fulfilling prophecy. You believe life sucks, so it does.



rabbittss
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 29 Dec 2011
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,348

21 Jun 2012, 5:11 pm

PastFixations wrote:
rabbittss wrote:
No, I simply believe some people are born to be happy, and the rest of us are born to be miserable, and that deluding ourselves into thinking otherwise is not constructive.

Someone told me that what you believe to be true isn't the same as what is actually true. =P


And it absolutely holds true. I believe this to be the case, but it doesn't mean it is. It definitely is from my experience however.