22 Jun 2012, 12:26 am

Kinme wrote:
DogsWithoutHorses wrote:
Kinme wrote:
DogsWithoutHorses wrote:
Kinme wrote:
DogsWithoutHorses wrote:
thewhitrbbit wrote:
Dating is a strategy game, let's not beat around the bush. The only difference between players and honest people is the end goal.

A player wants to sleep with the girl or use her.

A honest guy wants a relationship.

Both play the game.

As we get older, there are fewer pretty well balanced single girls. Which means more guys hitting on them. You've got to have a strategy to get to the front of the line.

I admit. I just don't see the appeal of the contortion and manipulation. There's putting your best foot forward, and there's making a paper mache foot covering it in glitter and waving it around.

...there are also less attractive guys...people partner up and the less "issues" a person has, the easier it's likely to be for them to do so
the funny thing about monogamy (even serial monogamy) is that excluding those who aren't straight, for every woman you get's laid/married whatever, a man does too.

But if we're including young in pretty, than yes, as you age there is going to be less availability because there are only so many girls with that kind of daddy issue.

@bizboy:
cool, you can be an ass but it's alright because as long as you can hide it long enough to entrench her she may not outright leave

why have a relationship built on mutual trust and respect when you can have all that

General question - Does getting laid justify unethical behavior? How far does this go...

Since I haven't gotten laid, and am waiting for marriage to do so, I'm not sure. The people I've seen on here and met in real life will seem to do almost anything. Why not just get a prostitute and get it over with?

as I understand it, because that doesn't validate ego

:roll: What if the prostitute is very attractive? Isn't that all that matters? Or is this some kind of chase and win type thing?

getting the 'hot' woman is about status, if you pay for it, you can't bag about it
yes it is a chase and win thing, it's also a 'peer validation' thing

I completely forgot about that. Is this the same for women? I'm really not sure.
Makes sense. Gotta keep up their image, after all.

I think it's similar for women, most people want to be validated that they made a good choice with their relationship, but there is less of a conquest culture in my experience

If your success is defined as being well adjusted to injustice and well adapted to indifference, then we don?t want successful leaders. We want great leaders- who are unbought, unbound, unafraid, and unintimidated to tell the truth.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2012, 2:48 am

bizboy1 wrote:
Kinme wrote:
bizboy1 wrote:
Kinme wrote:
bizboy1 wrote:
You could always make up one lol.

LOL! Good way to begin a relationship: lie about previous relationships. Hahahaha.

Hey if telling the truth gets you nowhere then why not? Sometimes being honest ends up hurting you more. Doesn't make sense to be honest then. If a guy puts a gun to your head and says he'll pull the trigger if you tell him that you're gay, and you're gay, would you tell the truth? I think not.

Good point, but it's still not a reason to lie.

Ya it is, if you're rational. Why would you tell the truth and be worse off? If telling the truth doesn't get you laid then why tell the truth, especially if it's minor and doesn't hurt anyone? You're only helping yourself. I was teased about being a virgin so I lied and said I wasn't and they stopped. I'm not talking about morality here. I'm talking about what's best for the individual. And I could get philosophical on you about truth but I don't want to digress any further.

I admit i did that before and it worked, but only with acquaintances/colleagues that I don't care much about.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2012, 2:54 am

Zinia wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Yes, I am meeting/ phoning/ skyping/ chatting with girls lately who were first contacted on okc, or them contacting me (most of them at least).

One of the first tings they're asking about is about ex-relationships (in the first chat or meetup!), and I have... none! When told there's none, they'd start asking why and how comes... leading the conversation to an awkward direction that it's too early to talk about and I really would like just to avoid it because of its negative connotations because let's face it, a 30 years old guy with no previous relationship is something extremely out of the norm, and anything too out of the norm is usually worrying/scary.

So how can I dodge these types of questions?

ps: the title is random.

Quote:
Otherwise, maybe try to explain that you're waiting for the right person. Or you can explain that because you have AS you aren't as skilled socially as others, even though you truly care for others.

I don't believe in AS.

Quote:
Another technique could be that you prefer not to kiss and tell--meaning that you prefer not to talk about older relationships, but if you haven't had any, then I can see why you would feel uncomfortable with this. Many people don't feel comfortable talking about older relationships though--so even if you said "I haven't found the right girl yet" as a vague answer, it could be accepted.

Or maybe just shutting them by kissing them ;p

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2012, 8:09 am

Where's Mr. Urine? He didn't stupidify my thread yet. I need his blessing.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2012, 10:46 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Where's Mr. Urine? He didn't stupidify my thread yet. I need his blessing.

He's in the shadows waiting for the right moment to strike!

DogsWithoutHorses
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2012, 11:22 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
bizboy1 wrote:
Kinme wrote:
bizboy1 wrote:
Kinme wrote:
bizboy1 wrote:

LOL! Good way to begin a relationship: lie about previous relationships. Hahahaha.

Hey if telling the truth gets you nowhere then why not? Sometimes being honest ends up hurting you more. Doesn't make sense to be honest then. If a guy puts a gun to your head and says he'll pull the trigger if you tell him that you're gay, and you're gay, would you tell the truth? I think not.

Ya it is, if you're rational. Why would you tell the truth and be worse off? If telling the truth doesn't get you laid then why tell the truth, especially if it's minor and doesn't hurt anyone? You're only helping yourself. I was teased about being a virgin so I lied and said I wasn't and they stopped. I'm not talking about morality here. I'm talking about what's best for the individual. And I could get philosophical on you about truth but I don't want to digress any further.

I admit i did that before and it worked, but only with acquaintances/colleagues that I don't care much about.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5ndDmTwl4I&feature=related[/youtube]

make sure to do your research :P

If your success is defined as being well adjusted to injustice and well adapted to indifference, then we don?t want successful leaders. We want great leaders- who are unbought, unbound, unafraid, and unintimidated to tell the truth.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2012, 12:59 pm

DogsWithoutHorses wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
bizboy1 wrote:
Kinme wrote:
bizboy1 wrote:
Kinme wrote:
bizboy1 wrote:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5ndDmTwl4I&feature=related[/youtube]

make sure to do your research :P

Well, surely It wouldn't feel like a bag of sand, they're meat after all......I am not that stupid. lol

Besides, I don't make up stories, the "lie" that i was referring to is just told to make them stop questioning/teasing (even I'd say instead i am poorly experienced) but I'd avoid any sex discussion with them.