Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

AJ89
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jun 2012, 9:48 pm

I'm not entirely sure if I have Aspegers but I can research a topic for hours and hours to get the information I am after.

Everyday I surf the internet for an hour or two and just look up random stuff just for fun.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2012, 10:00 pm

Pfft, post on here, go look up music, and do that is about all I do online nowadays.

As far as researching, I think I'm quite obsessive about it.
For example, this man wrote six continuing articles about the problem of Olympic weightlifting in USA having no system.
http://sportivnypress.com/documents/SUB_51.html I read all six in one afternoon. And for me personally, too, I'd rather read than watch videos, I'd much rather someone give me the equivalent of a 3-4 page article to read than a couple minute youtube video explaining something.

So your hour or two probably isn't that abnormal. Mine seems more so. But yes, read, read, read...it's free!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2012, 10:14 pm

I enjoy doing research on various interests I have and various issues that I'm dealing with.

bcousins
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2012, 10:24 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I enjoy doing research on various interests I have and various issues that I'm dealing with.

This.

I stumbled upon RailCorp's road diagrams, which contains no road. I'm in the process of reading it.

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2012, 10:28 pm

Constantly. Love going on special interest binges...Wikipedia and Google are my best friends. :)

This misdiagnosis caused me significant stress, which lessened upon finding out the truth about myself from my current and past long-term psychiatrists - that I am a highly sensitive person but do not have an autism spectrum disorder

My diagnoses - anxiety disorder, depression and traits of obsessive-compulsive disorder (all in remission).

I’m no longer involved with the ASD world.

bcousins
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2012, 10:39 pm

anneurysm wrote:
Constantly. Love going on special interest binges...Wikipedia and Google are my best friends. :)

OIL and RailSafe... FTW!

AnnettaMarie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2012, 10:47 pm

Yep! I research on animal behavior and care for about two hours every day. It's been my special interest for about fifteen years or so.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2012, 11:22 pm

I love doing research on my special interests. Lately I've been paying numerous visits to the Monster High wiki, learning absolutely everything about my favorite characters.

Pyrite
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2012, 11:33 pm

AJ89 wrote:
I'm not entirely sure if I have Aspegers but I can research a topic for hours and hours to get the information I am after.

Everyday I surf the internet for an hour or two and just look up random stuff just for fun.

Yeah, I've lost days to that, I don't know what I'll do when I lose remote access to the resources of my university... :(

Zinia
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jun 2012, 11:50 pm

Pyrite wrote:

Yeah, I've lost days to that, I don't know what I'll do when I lose remote access to the resources of my university... :(

Can't you become an alumni? Yes--I've saved numerous documents on my computer from my University library and I LOVE Google Books. Recently, I've been looking into body language and I haven't found enough on the web.

Pyrite
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2012, 12:10 am

Zinia wrote:
Pyrite wrote:

Can't you become an alumni? Yes--I've saved numerous documents on my computer from my University library and I LOVE Google Books. Recently, I've been looking into body language and I haven't found enough on the web.

No, nobody gets those privileges from mine. Being an alumnus costs 75$ and only gets you a 50% discount on community membership (25$ instead of 50$, which is itself less than the cost of being an alumnus), even that membership only gets you the privilege of taking out books for short periods with no ILL or remote renewals. Only students and professors get access to databases. :cry:

I actually tried to look up some body language stuff a while ago, and couldn't find one book on it at the university library, I guess they see it as self-help. Maybe let me know if you find any good ones on the web so I can steal your work. :)

My library did at least have some AS books for AS people though, I kept thinking someone would catch me browsing the shelves for them, though I'm not sure whether I was more worried about being known as an Aspie or by the fact that the surrounding shelves were on some much more embarrassing condition. :lol:

EnglishJess
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2012, 11:52 am

No. I'm too shy to search on the internet. In fact, we have to do that for Geograhy soon, and I'm not happy about it.

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2012, 11:55 am

I love to do research. It's one of my passions but it has to be about something that I'm interested in.

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2012, 1:26 pm

I love to do research on my special interests. I can spend hours on wikipedia searching for information.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2012, 4:26 pm

I actually enjoy doing research for research's sake. I'll sit at work and design studies and experiments in education and various other things, just for something to do with my brain while I do my boring job.