Page 3 of 5 [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

identity
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2012, 11:38 am

Jasmine90 wrote:
MikaNeko wrote:
That awkward moment when someone tells a joke and everybody but you laughs.

I think it's worse reversed, when you tell a joke and no one laughs.

I was thinking the other way; when you laugh at something that wasn't meant to be funny.

Moonhawk
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2012, 1:01 pm

I know that akward moment Identity, like that time with my mom in the hospital, i laughed like crazy but it wasn't funny at all x_x

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2012, 2:01 pm

If I'm perfectly honest with you, most moments for me are awkward. However, I've got so used to it that its just become part of me. It's hard to explain really but it seems the more I become exposed in the public arena, the more eccentric I have become. I think I over compensate for my sense of awkwardness.

Isn't awkward a lovely word. :D

DonkeyBuster
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2012, 2:29 pm

babybird wrote:
If I'm perfectly honest with you, most moments for me are awkward. However, I've got so used to it that its just become part of me. It's hard to explain really but it seems the more I become exposed in the public arena, the more eccentric I have become. I think I over compensate for my sense of awkwardness.

I've been thinking along those lines: That awkward moment when I feel awkward. :)

Quote:
Isn't awkward a lovely word. :D

Yes it is!! :D

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

23 Jun 2012, 2:32 pm

That awkward moment when your almost 32 and still dont drive. Lol!

Moonhawk
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2012, 2:37 pm

As long as i need my meds which will be forever probably, i won't even be allowed to drive xD That akward moment when you can never drink a drop of alcohol because then you'll either go into coma or die :o Sorry i thought since i was talking about my meds anyway, drinking alcohol for me is quite deadly apparently.

Minty
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Jun 2012, 2:41 pm

That awkward moment when you're asked to convey a message to someone else and, to keep yourself from forgetting it on the way over to telling the person the message is intended for, you keep it so at the front of your mind that you forget to knock to avoid seeing a very naked backside. Even more awkward when you stand there trying to figure out why they're telling you to get out when you have a message for them and don't even notice the nudity at first.

Inside I feel like Pinkie Pie, but outside I feel like an even more quiet Fluttershy.

Nymeria8
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2012, 5:08 pm

Pipilo wrote:
That awkward moment when somebody asks you an intelligent question about something you've been researching, and you answer them, and realize maybe 5 minutes later as they are trying to inch away that they had been looking for the short version of the answer.

or that awkward moment when somebody asks you a random question, you begin your AS version of a short answer, five minutes later you finally remember to look at the person and realize that the question was retorical and they hadn't expected you to answer at all, let alone know the answer.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

23 Jun 2012, 5:15 pm

That awkward moment when you ask your younger sister for makeup tips. :lol:

Blownmind
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2012, 5:16 pm

Nymeria8 wrote:
that awkward moment when somebody asks you a random question, you begin your AS version of a short answer, five minutes later you finally remember to look at the person and realize that the question was retorical and they hadn't expected you to answer at all, let alone know the answer.

Ahh, yes, those nice retorical questions.. I always answer those, it's almost not even awkward anymore.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2012, 5:18 pm

The awkward moment when my daughters college friend thought I was her brother.

DonkeyBuster
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2012, 5:25 pm

Blownmind wrote:
Nymeria8 wrote:
that awkward moment when somebody asks you a random question, you begin your AS version of a short answer, five minutes later you finally remember to look at the person and realize that the question was retorical and they hadn't expected you to answer at all, let alone know the answer.

Ahh, yes, those nice retorical questions.. I always answer those, it's almost not even awkward anymore.

Yep, same here. Actually kinda sorry to waste good info on an unappreciative audience. :roll:

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2012, 5:25 pm

babybird wrote:
The awkward moment when my daughters college friend thought I was her brother.

That awkward moment when my younger brother's friend thought that I was the younger sibling

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2012, 6:12 pm

That awkward moment when you go on a date at a restaurant and you realize that both of you aren't talking to each other, just concentrating on your food.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2012, 6:18 pm

lostgirl1986 wrote:
just concentrating on your food.

...and it's even more awkward when the food definitely isn't worth concentrating on by any stretch of the imagination.

MeerkatFetish
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Jun 2012, 6:43 pm

... your running late for a dentist appointment, you grab your bicycle and cycle like a maniac to get there in time. When you arrive your sweating like a pig because you haven't done any form of cardio in a couple of years. There's of course two teenage girls in the waiting room with you, and after a little while they start giggling, you of course know it's because your turning strawberry red because your so exhausted, the fact that you know their giggling because of you doesn't exactly help on the situation = Huge amount of embarrassment.