Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2012, 11:18 am

Last saturday i went too a town quite a few miles from where i live (it was for my mates girlfriends birthday).

One of my mates gave me and three of my other friends a lift in his car. the moment the driver (my friend) knocked on my front door of my house he already had an attitude on him. My friend could not drink with us either becuase he drove us home the same night. the whole evening my friend was acting unfriendly and slightly anti social while me and my buddys were getting very drunk in the pubs.

I can understand it must have been annoying for him not be able too drink the whole evening but he did not have too volunteer too drive us down in the first place since me and my friends could have gone by train. At the end of the day he was setting himself up too have a misrable time that night and should have just stayed if he thought he was not up for going out clubbing. don't get me wrong i really like my friend and usually he is very friendly and charming but i was puzzled by his behaviour last saturday.

do u agree with me that his behaviour was silly? I did give him gas money though when he dropped me home later that night.

here is some more info about my friend

he's dyslexic
has a high stress job (aircraft maintenance engineer) and he could get life imprisoment if made a mistake when fixing planes.
his father died of a heart attack 3 years at only age 50
did tell me once he takes medicaiton for depression and agression

DonkeyBuster
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2012, 12:13 pm

Maybe there was something else that came up for him just before he came to get you & he couldn't shift gears out of the preoccupation? Sometimes it helps to kindly inquire if there's something bothering somebody than to make assumptions. It may or may not have anything to do w/you & there's just no way to tell unless you get more data.