Sandusky guilty on 45 counts live right now

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2012, 9:43 pm

Guilty on 45 of 48 counts and although his attorney tried to get house arrest continued the judge revoked bail and remanded him to the sheriff untill sentencing.the jury deadlocked on three counts but being that he his facing 60 years and he is 68 himself i doubt there will be a retrial on three counts.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2012, 9:48 pm

Really ironic - - he's going to fear using the shower for the rest of his life.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2012, 11:01 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Really ironic - - he's going to fear using the shower for the rest of his life.

i wonder how long the rest of his life will be,ha ha ha

questor
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2012, 11:44 pm

Sandusky deserves everyday of every year he gets sentenced to!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2012, 2:57 am

he will doubtless be in solitary [protective custody] for the rest of his life. he would actually be better off if they put him away in a supermax. if i were him i'd take the cyanide now.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2012, 3:46 am

auntblabby wrote:
he will doubtless be in solitary [protective custody] for the rest of his life. he would actually be better off if they put him away in a supermax. if i were him i'd take the cyanide now.

He just doesn't strike me as all that smart enough to take the quick, painless way out.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2012, 5:42 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

He just doesn't strike me as all that smart enough to take the quick, painless way out.

cyanide ain't exactly painless but it is relatively quick, something one could do before one was handcuffed. he probably will be on suicide watch as well.

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

23 Jun 2012, 11:31 am

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

cyanide ain't exactly painless but it is relatively quick, something one could do before one was handcuffed. he probably will be on suicide watch as well.

Here are my thoughts and concerns on the subject:

he is on suicide watch, his attorney has said there will be an appeal. This is bad for the boys because if he wins on just one of the appeals, then they will drag all those boys to court again to spill out their traumas all over again in a retrial and his heartless defense could do this for the rest of Sandusky's life. They dont care what it puts the survivors through, as long as they get paid.

Also I have a major issue with the media calling the sex abuse survivors, "the Sandusky 8" It basicly implies that Sandusky owns them....kinda creepy when you think of it.

Also you know a serial molester who set up a whole charity organization for the sole purpose of having sex with kids has many more victims out there that arnt talking.

just hope and pray that the appellate court does not let him win on any appeals, for the sake of the brave young men who barred all their darkest secrets, to not have to do it again.

And did you know that he wrote a autiobiography and the name of it is "Touched" ...creeeepy!

He will go to protective custody because child molesters are on the bottom rung of the prison pecking order. I guess they consider it to be cruel and unusual punishment to put him in a situation where he would be sexually abused. Go figure :roll:

My heart goes out to the 8 that testified, their bravery helped bring justice to many others who were unable to come forward. For once I thank the media, without the media all over this, this would have been pushed under the rug again and many more would be victimized.

God Bless the children without a [father]

Jojo

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2012, 11:49 am

The sick and twisted truth is that sandusky may have a valid apealable issue.The prosecution may have made a big mistake by springing new evidence on the court at the last minute and the judge allowed it.this new evididence was hardly a anything that the state needed to get a conviction either.so a big mistake on the part of the prosecution that cetainly wont free sandusky because tha evidence is so damning that he will get convicted again but it could put victems and there familly through hell all over again.however in many states it takes more then just an unfair trial to get a conviction overturned,the defense must show the appeals court that the mistake that was made would have had the potential to change the verdict.

being that the evidence presented without proper notice to the defense was not something that would have been a huge factor in a conviction,the appeal may not be granted.also the inmates may have justice of there own that may be rendered before all his appeals are exausted

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2012, 12:52 pm

That filthy dirty man is getting his.

He may have to be in protective custody the rest of his miserable life.

ruveyn

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2012, 1:01 pm

Everyone support the jury in this case! This jury is truly one of the best in history! Imagine their difficulty convicting someone who is legendary in Pennsylvania yet is a twisted criminal pedophile who used his charity as a guise to prey upon children. This jury could have easily been lenient due to Sandusky's status, but they were not blindsided by it. They made the right choice based on the evidence they were confronted with. They deserve to be revered and supported for their honesty, bravery and fairness.

iBlockhead
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Jun 2012, 5:24 pm

Rick Reilly's article Sports Illustrated had a fantastic point in how abused the victims were time and time again in this proceeding. Really disgusting when you think about it.

Sandusky also had the worst defense lawyer in American legal history, I might add. It was painful, he was guilty before the trial even started with the Bob Costas interview.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2012, 6:38 pm

Yeah but it's worth it because justice is served. This is part of a healing process for victims, seeing the perpetrator paying for his crimes.

mds_02
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2012, 6:55 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Yeah but it's worth it because justice is served. This is part of a healing process for victims, seeing the perpetrator paying for his crimes.

Having to admit to what happened in a room packed with strangers, with the media sharing it all with the whole country. Knowing that all their friends, all their family, now know every last humiliating detail of what happened.

Doesn't sound very therapeutic to me.

So even more respect for them, being willing to endure even more psychological damage in order to ensure that this sick f**k doesn't get a chance to do it again.

And it feels pretty soft to me. 

Modest Mouse - The View

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2012, 7:00 pm

Experts agree this helps the victims to see they are not powerless, they matter, and they can help bring their perpetrator to justice.

Oh and by the way, if Sandusky would have been found not guilty or acquitted the same people complaining about his defense would be praising it to the skies. It's only because he was found guilty that, suddenly, his defense is awful! Just admit the evidence was there, the jury convicted him. It wouldn't matter what his defense team did. The evidence points to guilty. It's time for the man to do the time for the crime as they say and for people to accept the fact a jury found this man guilty on 45 counts. That's a lot.

HisDivineMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2012, 7:13 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
perpetrator.

Is it bad that I just read that as 'penetrator'? Freud, you were right all along.
This seems to be a complicated case. Can anyone summarise it?