Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2012, 11:01 am

As my dad has gotten older his face has filled out much more compared too when he was younger.

As i get older myself what lifestyle changes could i make too avoid this happening too me as well? Now at 22 when i see an old school photo of me aged 11 my face was much slimmer back then. i exercise, eat healthy and am the right weight as well

Do you think maybe though it could just be a case of not being able too control genetics? on the bright side a chubby full face can make you look very youthful in old age.

PTSmorrow
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2012, 11:52 am

I'm pretty sure there's nothing you can do about it. It's the same as with people who have a thick neck or buffalo hump. It's not depending on the weight but simply a peculiarity of their appearance. However, you can grow a beard to conceal or distract from it.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2012, 1:25 pm

Jamesy wrote:
As my dad has gotten older his face has filled out much more compared too when he was younger.

As i get older myself what lifestyle changes could i make too avoid this happening too me as well? Now at 22 when i see an old school photo of me aged 11 my face was much slimmer back then. i exercise, eat healthy and am the right weight as well

Do you think maybe though it could just be a case of not being able too control genetics? on the bright side a chubby full face can make you look very youthful in old age.

People's faces just get fatter. When you are really old, your face will not be fat. It will just sag. One way to keep your face thinner is to keep your body slim. Gaining weight will make your face fuller.

Rebel_Nowe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2012, 3:19 pm

<_<
>_>

conan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2012, 6:44 pm

i notice my face changes when i talk/use the muscles more or less often. cardiovascular exercise will help you keep your body fat low which could help too

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2012, 8:37 pm

when u say really old what age u mean?

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2012, 8:51 pm

Starting around age fifty but it doesn't happen overnight. So by the time you are ninety, your face sags more and has wrinkles. That's when the face starts reaching it's saggiest. But it will sag some long before that.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2012, 2:31 am

sometimes if people have problems with high blood pressure, or fluid retention, or hormonal issues they get rounder faces. does your dad have a health problem like diabetes?

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2012, 6:07 am

my dads father had diabeties but i don't think my dad does? Mind you my father has had a big unexplained lump on his back since 2003.