Initial attraction: Beta Male Body Language

Page 10 of 10 [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jul 2010
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,029
Location: Here i stand and face the rain

01 Jul 2012, 1:51 pm

TM wrote:
edgewaters wrote:
You could do a similar cartoon (few changes, but similar) for a girl that's not supermodel material. Society at large is shallow, doesn't matter who you are.


So it's not easier for a girl to get laid than for a guy? Please note that this is a simple yes and no question.


its easier for a girl to get laid with an average guy, but for a hot guy its more balanced out



TM
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Feb 2012
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,122

01 Jul 2012, 1:57 pm

MXH wrote:
TM wrote:
edgewaters wrote:
You could do a similar cartoon (few changes, but similar) for a girl that's not supermodel material. Society at large is shallow, doesn't matter who you are.


So it's not easier for a girl to get laid than for a guy? Please note that this is a simple yes and no question.


its easier for a girl to get laid with an average guy, but for a hot guy its more balanced out


So, what exactly was your argument again?



MXH
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jul 2010
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,029
Location: Here i stand and face the rain

01 Jul 2012, 2:16 pm

TM wrote:
MXH wrote:
TM wrote:
edgewaters wrote:
You could do a similar cartoon (few changes, but similar) for a girl that's not supermodel material. Society at large is shallow, doesn't matter who you are.


So it's not easier for a girl to get laid than for a guy? Please note that this is a simple yes and no question.


its easier for a girl to get laid with an average guy, but for a hot guy its more balanced out


So, what exactly was your argument again?

for starters im not edgewaters, that is not my argument.

My argument is that beta is being misused. You guys are taking a haves and havenots approach to this when in reality its a average, above average and below average which should be used to talk of this manner. Theres plenty of guys who get girls yet arent alpha, they are average. The average guy gets girls too you know, and if every average is alpha then we need to set new standards for what alpha is.



edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Aug 2006
Age: 47
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,427
Location: Ontario

01 Jul 2012, 2:25 pm

TM wrote:
edgewaters wrote:
You could do a similar cartoon (few changes, but similar) for a girl that's not supermodel material. Society at large is shallow, doesn't matter who you are.


So it's not easier for a girl to get laid than for a guy? Please note that this is a simple yes and no question.


That's just a silly rhetorical trick. You've watched too many television court dramas I think, its rotted your mind a little.

I expect they do, but just getting laid doesn't prevent the scene in the last box of the cartoon. If all you want is an orgasm, there are much easier ways - there's really no point in bothering, just for that. I could have an orgasm right this minute, without needing anyone, in under 5 minutes.



Last edited by edgewaters on 01 Jul 2012, 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TM
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Feb 2012
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,122

01 Jul 2012, 2:28 pm

MXH wrote:
TM wrote:
MXH wrote:
TM wrote:
edgewaters wrote:
You could do a similar cartoon (few changes, but similar) for a girl that's not supermodel material. Society at large is shallow, doesn't matter who you are.


So it's not easier for a girl to get laid than for a guy? Please note that this is a simple yes and no question.


its easier for a girl to get laid with an average guy, but for a hot guy its more balanced out


So, what exactly was your argument again?

for starters im not edgewaters, that is not my argument.

My argument is that beta is being misused. You guys are taking a haves and havenots approach to this when in reality its a average, above average and below average which should be used to talk of this manner. Theres plenty of guys who get girls yet arent alpha, they are average. The average guy gets girls too you know, and if every average is alpha then we need to set new standards for what alpha is.


Sorry, got your avatars confused.

I tend to classify it as follows:

Alpha - The guy that women pursue, when Chris Rock said 10% of the guys do 90% of the f*****g, he was talking about these guys.

Beta - The average guy that gets a girl who is unable to get an Alpha, but who has to pursue women.

Omega - The guy who pretty much never gets any.



MXH
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jul 2010
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,029
Location: Here i stand and face the rain

01 Jul 2012, 3:58 pm

TM wrote:
MXH wrote:
TM wrote:
MXH wrote:
TM wrote:
edgewaters wrote:
You could do a similar cartoon (few changes, but similar) for a girl that's not supermodel material. Society at large is shallow, doesn't matter who you are.


So it's not easier for a girl to get laid than for a guy? Please note that this is a simple yes and no question.


its easier for a girl to get laid with an average guy, but for a hot guy its more balanced out


So, what exactly was your argument again?

for starters im not edgewaters, that is not my argument.

My argument is that beta is being misused. You guys are taking a haves and havenots approach to this when in reality its a average, above average and below average which should be used to talk of this manner. Theres plenty of guys who get girls yet arent alpha, they are average. The average guy gets girls too you know, and if every average is alpha then we need to set new standards for what alpha is.


Sorry, got your avatars confused.

I tend to classify it as follows:

Alpha - The guy that women pursue, when Chris Rock said 10% of the guys do 90% of the f***ing, he was talking about these guys.

Beta - The average guy that gets a girl who is unable to get an Alpha, but who has to pursue women.

Omega - The guy who pretty much never gets any.


yep. thats more like it



1401b
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 May 2012
Age: 120
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,584

02 Jul 2012, 2:08 pm

TM wrote:
So it's not easier for a girl to get laid than for a guy? Please note that this is a simple yes and no question.

It is a yes and no question. =)
YES, it's not easier for a girl to get laid than for a guy.
NO, it's not easier for a girl to get laid than for a guy.

In my experience a girl can more readily acquire acquiescence for sexual congress from a guy, than vice versa.
...or anything else for that matter ;)

____
Mr. Pedantic signing off !


Edited: to add that I'm a smartass, in case no one noticed.

  I'm a smartass.


_________________
(14.01.b) Been there; Done that; and wow am I embarrassed.
Our Project- https://sites.google.com/site/StabilizingAutism

What's wrong with Humans?
https://sites.google.com/site/Stabilizi ... troduction


Last edited by 1401b on 02 Jul 2012, 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1401b
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 May 2012
Age: 120
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,584

02 Jul 2012, 2:14 pm

TM wrote:
MXH wrote:
TM wrote:
MXH wrote:
TM wrote:
edgewaters wrote:
You could do a similar cartoon (few changes, but similar) for a girl that's not supermodel material. Society at large is shallow, doesn't matter who you are.


So it's not easier for a girl to get laid than for a guy? Please note that this is a simple yes and no question.


its easier for a girl to get laid with an average guy, but for a hot guy its more balanced out


So, what exactly was your argument again?

for starters im not edgewaters, that is not my argument.

My argument is that beta is being misused. You guys are taking a haves and havenots approach to this when in reality its a average, above average and below average which should be used to talk of this manner. Theres plenty of guys who get girls yet arent alpha, they are average. The average guy gets girls too you know, and if every average is alpha then we need to set new standards for what alpha is.


Sorry, got your avatars confused.

I tend to classify it as follows:

Alpha - The guy that women pursue, when Chris Rock said 10% of the guys do 90% of the f***ing, he was talking about these guys.

Beta - The average guy that gets a girl who is unable to get an Alpha, but who has to pursue women.

Omega - The guy who pretty much never gets any.



Are gay men dogs at all?


_________________
(14.01.b) Been there; Done that; and wow am I embarrassed.
Our Project- https://sites.google.com/site/StabilizingAutism

What's wrong with Humans?
https://sites.google.com/site/Stabilizi ... troduction


TM
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Feb 2012
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,122

02 Jul 2012, 2:39 pm

1401b wrote:
Are gay men dogs at all?


In the sense of engaging in lots of promiscuous sex? If so, I suspect that it would depend on the person, there are groups that do it and there are groups that are in long-term monogamous relationships. The data is most likely antiquated, but I remember reading about the HIV/AIDS breakout in gay communities in the 80s, where some subjects had slept with hundreds of different partners in the span of 1 - 3 years, most of which was completely anonymous.

Edited the initial yes/no question for clarity.



1401b
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 May 2012
Age: 120
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,584

02 Jul 2012, 3:34 pm

TM wrote:
1401b wrote:
Are gay men dogs at all?


In the sense of engaging in lots of promiscuous sex? [...]


In the sense of them getting some greekish letter-word too?


_________________
(14.01.b) Been there; Done that; and wow am I embarrassed.
Our Project- https://sites.google.com/site/StabilizingAutism

What's wrong with Humans?
https://sites.google.com/site/Stabilizi ... troduction


1401b
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 May 2012
Age: 120
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,584

02 Jul 2012, 4:24 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
i am really like anyone else, i think.

better think again, it's dead obvious you're not. =P  I can see that.  anybody can no doubt.
Go look out your window!  Bill Gates and Brad Pitt are probably fighting each other in your front yard right at this moment.
 Besides ppl who think they're "like anyone else" really aren't.
Wikipedia wrote:
Actual competence may weaken self-confidence, as competent individuals may falsely assume that others have an equivalent understanding. As Kruger and Dunning conclude, "the miscalibration of the incompetent stems from an error about the self, whereas the miscalibration of the highly competent stems from an error about others" (p. 1127).[2]

nayner nayner I win.


_________________
(14.01.b) Been there; Done that; and wow am I embarrassed.
Our Project- https://sites.google.com/site/StabilizingAutism

What's wrong with Humans?
https://sites.google.com/site/Stabilizi ... troduction


1401b
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 May 2012
Age: 120
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,584

02 Jul 2012, 4:26 pm

uh oh, I think I'm awesome... =(


_________________
(14.01.b) Been there; Done that; and wow am I embarrassed.
Our Project- https://sites.google.com/site/StabilizingAutism

What's wrong with Humans?
https://sites.google.com/site/Stabilizi ... troduction


TM
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 3 Feb 2012
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,122

02 Jul 2012, 5:36 pm

1401b wrote:
TM wrote:
1401b wrote:
Are gay men dogs at all?


In the sense of engaging in lots of promiscuous sex? [...]


In the sense of them getting some greekish letter-word too?


I'd assume the same letters would apply to gay men, but I'm unfamiliar with the dynamic of the gay scene. I figure that in any scene you'll have Top, Average and Bottom (no pun intended)