Initial attraction: Beta Male Body Language

Page 1 of 10 [ 148 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2012, 8:16 am

Building Initial attraction: Beta Male Body Language

As we have been discussing physiques and improving physical aspects in other threads, I think it's important to express the right body language as well, even in still photographs. Attraction or initial attraction appears to be based on a set of images that portray certain characteristics or traits.

Steps of a relationship
Initial attraction = Body language, status, attraction value, posture and physique.
Early Development = Charisma and relating.
Development = Empathy and bonding.
Established = Synergy and compatibility.

Now many of you guys might be sitting there, saying that you might make a good boyfriend in terms of compatibility, you might have relevant interests to a girl, none of that matters without the initial interest or spark that the person requires to get to want to know you. Without step one, there isn't a step four so many guys need to realize step one is the main focus to begin with.

Don't lay all your cards on the table, ever noticed how a cat will put so much effort into going for a ball of string? only until it has the ball, it simply looks at it and walks away. Ever noticed how a dog wants a toy because another dog has it or because you hold it? If no other dog or person wants the toy, the toy loses value to the dog. See the pattern here? The interest is in creating value and desire in yourself. This can apply from the shortest interactions with female store clerks to flirting in a club with the opposite sex.

Beta Male Body language - Notice some of the patterns in this video?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES72FcKnnts&feature=plcp[/youtube]

rabbittss
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2012, 9:16 am

Blah blah blah, social Darwinist drivel.. blah blah.

Sorry, were you saying something?

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2012, 9:32 am

I appreciate that you´re making an effort to help everyone around here :). That will probably come in handy for many people I´ve seen around~

Last edited by Shatbat on 25 Jun 2012, 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

HisDivineMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2012, 9:35 am

Although you seem to detest me, you're actually right in offering a solution to the problem I've often stated.
Glad we're on the same page for that.

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2012, 10:11 am

Thing is, going by initial impressions alone is shallow. I'd rather not have anything to do with anyone who judges based on how someone looks. If someone can't give me as much of a chance as I'm willing to give them, they're hardly worth trying to change anything about myself.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

Delphiki
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2012, 10:16 am

rabbittss wrote:

Sorry, were you saying something?
Why did you post in this thread?

HisDivineMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2012, 10:19 am

Boxman108 wrote:
Thing is, going by initial impressions alone is shallow. I'd rather not have anything to do with anyone who judges based on how someone looks.

Here's a secret. Everyone does that. Literally. You'll be very lonely, secluded, and you'll spend your days hating yourself if taking first impressions seriously is a bad thing to you.

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2012, 10:24 am

HisDivineMajesty wrote:
Boxman108 wrote:
Thing is, going by initial impressions alone is shallow. I'd rather not have anything to do with anyone who judges based on how someone looks.

Here's a secret. Everyone does that. Literally. You'll be very lonely, secluded, and you'll spend your days hating yourself if taking first impressions seriously is a bad thing to you.

Seems like you're trying too hard to justify your own disgusting way of thinking. I really doubt that every single person is still as dumb as ****. Some of them have got to move past this by now. Then again I guess there's still stuff like racism or sexism around, so who knows if humans will ever be rid of this entirely.

HisDivineMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2012, 10:33 am

What does this have to do with the observed fact that first impressions are very important?

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2012, 10:43 am

Unfortunately I have to agree with HDM here. First impressions are important. We all apply filters, and we all do so heuristically. There is no other way - if you didn't, you would have to either attempt to strike up a deep friendship or relationship with every single person you meet, or no one at all, because without first impression, you would (without trying) interact with every person in an exactly equal way.

Some people use bad heuristics, and this is what you're picking up on as shallow. Developing good heuristics is something that takes people time, and heuristics, by their very nature, are typically somewhat flawed even at their best. But I don't think of the process of first impressions itself, apart from its specifics, as terribly shallow in principle. We attempt to seek the like-minded and evade those likely to cause us problems, so does everyone else. This is natural. People could be better at it, but they could never forego it.

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2012, 11:10 am

edgewaters wrote:
Unfortunately I have to agree with HDM here. First impressions are important. We all apply filters, and we all do so heuristically. There is no other way - if you didn't, you would have to either attempt to strike up a deep friendship or relationship with every single person you meet, or no one at all, because without first impression, you would (without trying) interact with every person in an exactly equal way.

Some people use bad heuristics, and this is what you're picking up on as shallow. Developing good heuristics is something that takes people time, and heuristics, by their very nature, are typically somewhat flawed even at their best. But I don't think of the process of first impressions itself, apart from its specifics, as terribly shallow in principle. We attempt to seek the like-minded and evade those likely to cause us problems, so does everyone else. This is natural. People could be better at it, but they could never forego it.

This. I'd not thought about being shallow = bad heuristics yet :D

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2012, 11:15 am

They are shallow in that they imply you would be able to tell just from that one interaction whether a person is good or bad(never mind that it also implies there are people who are better or worse anyway). Everyone is deserving of the benefit of the doubt, and if you just turn your blinders on and become narrow minded, you'll be missing out on so much.

noname_ever
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2012, 12:44 pm

Whether they deserve the benefit of the doubt or not doesn't mean they are granted it most of the time. First impressions matter especially when dealing with someone that doesn't have to give you the benefit of the doubt.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2012, 12:51 pm

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2012, 1:02 pm

First impressions are huge, like it or not, that's how it is.

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2012, 2:20 pm

rabbittss wrote:

Well, social darwinist ideas like value are mentioned, but... It still has instructional value. Hey, he even has a chance with the second girl, and he blows that, too. There's more going on than being a desperate "beta". The "beta" position might have been quite satisfactory if he'd played it right.

But a dog knows his boy can go wrong