Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Yavikins
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Nov 2006, 4:36 pm

Hmm, glad to see that there's a forum about love and dating here! ^_^ I've had quite a few issues with that myself, partly because I'm aspie, and partly because I am transgender. Being single drives me mad because often I feel lonely, and I'd like someone with common interests to share my life with. It's frustrating being unable to get a date, and it's not necessarily because I'm unattractive or unkind or something. I think that people can often detect dissociation in me, and I also think that people prefer more 'typical' types. I'm somewhat awkward around people that I'm romantically interested in. I don't have issues making platonic friendships but I have difficulty starting romantic relationships, so it's really frustrating. I noticed that a lot of people seem to put up personal adverts of sorts on here. I'm a bit nervous to do that right now, but I might do that later. Argh.

Corvus
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2006, 4:41 pm

Same story many have here, different user name 8)

Yavikins
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Nov 2006, 4:53 pm

Yeah, I bet...*sigh* Argh...Singledom SUCKS!! !! !! !

MikeH106
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2006, 5:02 pm

I agree. Being single with AS is lonely and aggravating.

Like a drop of blood in a tank of flesh-eating piranhas, a new idea never fails to arouse the wrath of herd prejudice.

Corvus
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2006, 5:45 pm

While it is lonely, try to except what you can.. it all 'IS' so its best to go with it..

Of course, I'm using the 'stop looking and you'll find it' strategy for a girlfriend 8)

sociable_hermit
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2006, 5:51 pm

Is that a variant of my "Can't be arsed any more" masterplan?

I'm over 30 now. I'm allowed to be irritable and slightly overweight. So bollocks to the whole dating business.

If someone comes along who genuinely loves my personality, rather than some idealised view of who I am or should be, then great. Yeah being single is a sad and lonely business, but in some ways it's less painful than repeatedly falling in love, making plans and then getting kicked in the teeth.

Jamie06
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2006, 7:02 pm

Being single is boring, and finding it hard is twice as bad.

sociable_hermit
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2006, 7:09 pm

But there's the lovely Kay_zee down in Devon!

You could get there by train if you don't have a car: Three Bridges to Gatwick, Gatwick to Reading and then Reading down to the south west.

Go for it, Jamie!

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2006, 8:50 pm

here's my take, being single is actually a good thing. Of course I'm a bit biased, since I've been single for a good 17 years, then I got a girlfriend for about 6 months of Junior year into summer, then she dumped me, then I started going after this other girl, who was bi and became a Lesbian........but we don't talk about that. Just recently I've started college, and made friends with a great girl, she and I dated about a month, and she broke up with me, but we're still sorta together. she's 27 and a freshman, and I'm 19 and a Freshman.

anyhow, the one thing I learned about being single is that those who're single have more time on their hands to get things done they couldn't when they had a girl, and to boot, school doesn't get shoved to the side.

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2006, 8:57 pm

here's my take, being single is actually a good thing. Of course I'm a bit biased, since I've been single for a good 17 years, then I got a girlfriend for about 6 months of Junior year into summer, then she dumped me, then I started going after this other girl, who was bi and became a Lesbian........but we don't talk about that. Just recently I've started college, and made friends with a great girl, she and I dated about a month, and she broke up with me, but we're still sorta together. she's 27 and a freshman, and I'm 19 and a Freshman.

anyhow, the one thing I learned about being single is that those who're single have more time on their hands to get things done they couldn't when they had a girl, and to boot, school doesn't get shoved to the side.

Yupa
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2006, 9:00 pm

Think of it this way: A great amount of people who are dating, married, or in some similar relationship wish they were single but feel that they can't escape from being with their partner.
The grass is always greener on the other side.

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2006, 9:03 pm

urm......that's an interesting way of putting it Yupa, however I really don't think so.

Yavikins
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Nov 2006, 9:56 pm

Hmm, I don't know. There are some people who are genuinely attached to their partners.

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2006, 11:26 pm

Yupa wrote:
Think of it this way: A great amount of people who are dating, married, or in some similar relationship wish they were single but feel that they can't escape from being with their partner.

The grass is always greener on the other side.

What about the stomach, the unpleasant feeling you get when the only thing you want to do is stay at home a read a story book or do a hobbies that you enjoy. I can tell you that loneliness is the worst thing in the world. Whatever you enjoy doing, it destroys it completely, cant even have walk in the park on a pleasant day.

Being in a bad relationship could be compared with poverty. Loneliness is comparable with continual physical pain.

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2006, 11:30 pm

or getting broken up with via instant messenger.